May 20, 2019, 09:23:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chronicles of the physique culturist ...  (Read 144903 times)
DDG

Email
« Reply #735 on: July 25, 2018, 06:08:23 PM »

Hi Dean!

Thanks a lot for your answer.

You are one of my favourite inspirations.

You have lower back problems? So the rowing machine is not possible? By the way.....chins and pull-ups are all you need.

One question: Are there any workout vids from you?

Thanks Allan. Yes, I've had lower back issues for over 30 years, first caused through long-jumping and a slight anterior rotation of the pelvis on my right hand side. I probably could use a rowing machine but I prefer back extensions for now on the GHR machine I have. The rest is upper back work, as you know, and my back hasn't suffered so much since I've modified things recently.

No workout vids from me. I think the best time to have done this would have been last Autumn on the run up to competing in Boston. I was in top shape then, and moving quickly with decent strength levels and without too many injury worries. Alas it didn't happen.

Today I decided to ride my bike for just under half an hour rather than train legs with weights. Still gave me a massive pump and good for fitness too. My legs haven't shrunk much either. Just goes to show what can be done with different types of exercise rather than weights all the time. Don't get me wrong it wouldn't do for competition preparation but for general maintenance and upkeep it's more than sufficient.
AllanD

« Reply #736 on: July 26, 2018, 01:57:59 PM »

Hi Dean!

Thank you. You are right with your attitude. I like your readings very much! Please dont stop!!!
DDG

Email
« Reply #737 on: July 26, 2018, 07:44:17 PM »

Tonight's was a 'push' workout, quite quick and not too heavy for twenty sets in total

Incline bench x 4 sets - up to 75kg on 30 degrees.
Dips x 4 sets
Standing dumbbell press - around 16-17kg for reps to failure x 4 sets
Standing lateral raises 14kg x 4 sets
Close grip bench with ez bar 55kg x 4 sets

AllanD

« Reply #738 on: July 27, 2018, 05:42:17 PM »

Hi Dean!
Thanks. You are strong!

Im interested in your cadence per rep for example at dips and leg press: positive, negative and static? or short: how is your TUT at these exercises?
DDG

Email
« Reply #739 on: July 28, 2018, 02:48:39 PM »

Hi Dean!
Thanks. You are strong!

Im interested in your cadence per rep for example at dips and leg press: positive, negative and static? or short: how is your TUT at these exercises?

Thanks Allan, I wouldn't consider myself strong but my strength endurance is still pretty reasonable. Generally speaking I control the negative or eccentric phase always and shift the concentric aspect as quickly as possible. This is especially pronounced on a movement like dips. On the leg press, however, my reps are smoother and more rhythmic without locking out. It take me 35 second to perform a set of 20 reps on the leg press. The only isometric tension I incorporate is on chins to engage the biceps more and also sometimes on standing dumbbell curls.

Today's pull workout:

Pull ups x 6 sets - 48 reps
Chins x 4 sets - 24 reps
standing dumbbell biceps curls 14kg x 3 x 8 reps
pronated rear lateral raises x 4 sets (5kg plate)
Back extensions x 4 x 12 reps.
AllanD

« Reply #740 on: July 30, 2018, 09:03:01 AM »

Hey Dean!

PERFECT! Thanks.

Hope to see soon new pics Smiley
DDG

Email
« Reply #741 on: July 30, 2018, 02:51:55 PM »

Had a good leg workout yesterday and hardly felt it breathing wise. I think the bike riding is paying off.

I just did a straight pyramid from one plate up to six plates a side for 20 reps each set with about 90 seconds rest in between the heaviest sets. Then I moved down to 4 plates. Eight sets in total.

Three sets of sissy squats of 12-14 reps with a pair of 14kg dumbells.

Four sets of GHRs and then four sets of toe presses to finish.

Today I did a push session (now on holiday with the kids for eleven days).

Incline press @ 70kg x 4 sets

Bodyweight dips x 4 sets

Standing lateral raises x 4 sets

Standing dumbbell shoulder press x 3 sets

Close grips ez bar bench x 5 sets.

All complete in around 35 minutes.   Cool

Turpin

« Reply #742 on: July 30, 2018, 09:59:18 PM »

Always love the simplicity ( yet effectiveness ) of the method you employ Dean.

T. 
DDG

Email
« Reply #743 on: August 02, 2018, 02:13:41 PM »

Thanks Craig. Still ticking over. I hope your rehab is going well too. Dean.
AllanD

« Reply #744 on: August 09, 2018, 05:40:11 PM »

Hi Dean!

How much cardio do you do theses days?
AllanD

« Reply #745 on: September 01, 2018, 10:28:44 AM »

Hey Dean!

How are you?
DDG

Email
« Reply #746 on: September 04, 2018, 08:07:49 PM »

Hey Dean!

How are you?

Hi Allan,

All is well thanks. Busy doing other things recently but still training on a three on one off basis with a bike ride often in between. I ride for around 25-28 mins on a route I have which is around 8 miles, I think.

So Im pretty fit still. Poundages are healthy and Ive recently reintroduced bent over rows, albeit with lighter poundages.  Weighing in at between 147-149 lbs and fairly lean.
AllanD

« Reply #747 on: April 25, 2019, 06:23:00 AM »

Hey Dean!

What about you? Do you still training? How often?

What about your health and back?

Hope for an answer!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements