March 20, 2019, 10:07:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pesto Chicken + veg  (Read 6563 times)
tony_b

Email
« on: June 16, 2011, 08:27:49 AM »

250g Chicken breast (with skin)
125g Mozerella
Some pesto
Courgette
Half an onion
Half a sweet potato
Cajun
Salt & Pepper
EV Olive oil

Cut the sweet potato into chips or wedges, whichever you prefer, stick on a baking tray, sprinkle with cajun, and drizzle with olive oil. Stick in oven at about 220. Heat small amount of oil in a pan, take chicken breast and place skin side down in oil, cook until skin has started to brown, then tuen to seal other side. Put chicken on foil lined baking tray (save cleaning!), tear mozerella into strips and lay over the meat. Spoon pesto on top and spread around, then put in oven. Chop courgette and onions, and fry off in olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. You want to cook them reasonably slowly, so they brown up, and go all tasy.

Sweet pots need about 35 mins in over, chicken about 20-25.

You'll need to scoop up a ot of the mozerella from the tray and put it on top of the chicken when serving - you can take or leave as much excess oil that is floating about as you like at this point

Lovely!
stealthy

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 12:05:19 PM »

250g Chicken breast (with skin)
125g Mozerella
Some pesto
Courgette
Half an onion
Half a sweet potato
Cajun
Salt & Pepper
EV Olive oil

Cut the sweet potato into chips or wedges, whichever you prefer, stick on a baking tray, sprinkle with cajun, and drizzle with olive oil. Stick in oven at about 220. Heat small amount of oil in a pan, take chicken breast and place skin side down in oil, cook until skin has started to brown, then tuen to seal other side. Put chicken on foil lined baking tray (save cleaning!), tear mozerella into strips and lay over the meat. Spoon pesto on top and spread around, then put in oven. Chop courgette and onions, and fry off in olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. You want to cook them reasonably slowly, so they brown up, and go all tasy.

Sweet pots need about 35 mins in over, chicken about 20-25.

You'll need to scoop up a ot of the mozerella from the tray and put it on top of the chicken when serving - you can take or leave as much excess oil that is floating about as you like at this point

Lovely!

i know your cutting so if your eating this at the moment....... Cry
tony_b

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 01:43:14 PM »

Yeah, I was kinda starving... probably not the best option with all the sweet pots, but my body was just screaming out for food  Undecided
nahid555a

samimkhan2a@nokiamail.com nahid555a nahid555a
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 02:50:32 PM »

It,s a great idea cool man
weight loss surgery in mexico
Trish

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 09:19:05 PM »

This sounds gorgeous, does the chicken skin not give you too much fat though?  I have been conditioned (from birth I think) to always remove the skin?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements