January 22, 2019, 04:07:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: BDFPA ALL ENGLAND POWER AND SINGLE LIFTS CHAMPS. 2011  (Read 32144 times)
thrower

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2011, 10:47:41 PM »

Entry lists and Timetable posted on the www.bournemouthbarbell.co.uk web site under competitions--forthcoming events -All England Final Entry.Weightlifers entry also.81 powerlifters and 33 weightlifters over the two days.Only locals lifting in Power on Saturday plus all Weightlifters.
                                                                       Paul
thrower

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 10:00:53 PM »

Not long now.Sunday will be particularly busy.Patience from all will be needed.Cafe open from 7.45am for those starving after the weigh in.Looking forward to seeing everyone lift.
                                                                          Regards,
                                                                             Paul
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2011, 09:55:25 AM »

awesome day, thank you Paul for such a great day. very long and felt battered and tired by the end of it but had to say this was one of the most enjoyable competition experiences i have had due to how friendly and supportive everyone involved in running it, competing in it and even the spectators.

ended up going down by myself due to training partners and family not being able to make it but it was a fantatstic day - definately doing it again and having qualified for the singles and full power british will be having a crack at that  next year as well.

great day once again and can only say thank you  Grin
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2011, 11:06:12 AM »

Roll on British singles and full power finals next year

560kg total (200kg, 135kg, 225kg and more in the tank for squats and deads but was conservative)

hope for a 575kg total minimum next year

[attachment deleted by admin]
Damo NY

www.damianleestailoredfitness.co.uk

WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2011, 11:15:02 AM »

Well done mate. Super lifts for your bodyweight  Cool
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2011, 11:58:12 AM »

cheers - was too conservative on final lifts though - by next april want to hit 210kg squat, 140kg bench and 235kg deadlift.

feel absolutely busted today though - back and thighs are shot to pieces!!!!!!
Alex

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2011, 12:15:12 PM »

Good lifting, I think your projected lifts are far too conservative again (with the exception of maybe the bench).

Judging by the video of the squat and previous DL videos I think you could push past those by April, IMO  Grin
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2011, 12:52:02 PM »

quite possibly mate - end goal i want a 600kg total (220kg squat, 140kg bench and 240kg dead) but will be satisifed with the 585kg i have set as a target. but vids on this site - squats are high and deads use straps so different in that sense. the 135kg bench was a grind must have taken what felt ages to slowly grind it up - actually tweaked my back arching so hard

need to keep working on my strength off the chest, initial pull in the deadlift and coming out of the hole in the squat - all basically for me i think means more starting speed so lots of band work, dead stop stuff etc
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2011, 01:21:42 PM »

Roll on British singles and full power finals next year

560kg total (200kg, 135kg, 225kg and more in the tank for squats and deads but was conservative)

hope for a 575kg total minimum next year

Nice lifts, mate  Smiley . How does that put you in terms of British contention? I would have thought your total/projected total must be right up there?
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2011, 01:28:43 PM »

i the u82.5kg class at this years british would have put me around fourth i think if hitting a 585kg total, 660kg total needed to win lol

if I could maintain current strength and get to u75kg my total of 560kg would put me in contention for around second place I think but to be 75kg I would need to be ripped as thats what I was roughly standing on the bnbf stage last year lol
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2011, 01:34:20 PM »

660kg @ 82.5kg  Shocked ! Damn!

Fourth is still impressive; particularly as I guess, based on competitive experience, you'd consider yourself more a bodybuilder than a powerlifter. Winning qualifiers, placing well at the British in a 'second' sport, isn't to be knocked!

I suppose if you're going for <75kg, you may as well do a bodybuilding comp, too!
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2011, 01:49:56 PM »

no chance - 82kg class for me, have abs at this weight, feel good - just need to get f***ing stronger lol

to be honest winning isnt why i would do the powerlifting, wouldnt care where i palced yesterday to be honest its all about the PBs for me, unless its setting records what other people do is irrelevant to how i view it. 660kg would be good though as it would be a raw eight times bodyweight total!!!!! if i hit the 585kg thats a seven times bodyweight which would be good for where I am at presently
thrower

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2011, 04:52:43 PM »

Well done Glen .Your lifting was excellent.Something left in the tank as well .Macca the current BDFPA 82.5kg number one is a great squatter and tidy at the other lifts as well but no one is their for ever.Rob Palmer and Tom Martin in the GBPF are worth 700 plus right now unequipped.Rob totalled 660kg years ago at the same venue in Bournemouth.You have the potential to close them down but l realise your focus is broad with bodybuilding your first sport.
Loved the action over the weekend with 100 plus competing over the two days.On Saturday the best weightlifter did 140/183 /323 kg total at 94kg bodyweight.The 110kg class British Bench Press (unequipped) record of 220kg was a sight to behold on Sunday.Selected  lifters and those randomly pulled were drug tested(male and female).
So a 400lb plus Clean and Jerk plus a 220 raw Bench Press were truly the icing on the cake.Big thankyou to ALL the lifters and members of Bournemouth Barbell and BDFPA for  "cheerfully" working so hard throughout the weekend.
                                                     Regards to all,
                                                         Paul
                                                          paulrees@bournemouthbarbell.co.uk
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »

Paul was a cracking day and loved every minute of it - pretty much by the time the bar hit the ground on my last deadlift I had made up my mind that for the next few years i am going to focus purely on the powerlifting.

want to total more than 600kg within the next two years and see how it goes from there but enjoyed the much more relaxed approach into this comp than bodybuilding and much better suites my current circumstances. was phenomenol some of the lifting by the bigger guys later on and watching every one throughout the day was realising that there was alot of technique issues I need to clean up in my own lifting to help push me on.

might even try and find someone local to have some coaching on the fast lifts as well - either travel down to crystal palace or see whats up my way in the lea valley area

thanks for a great day once again really did enjoy it but next time try and tell me before I go to the toilet that i need to do the drug testing not after ha ha.
felix

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2011, 03:13:25 PM »

Excellent lifting Glen well done on qualifying for the British.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements