January 20, 2019, 09:08:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cv challenge  (Read 7648 times)
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« on: August 24, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »

Deans journal has got me thinking of a cv challenge - hiit stuff

any suggestions

i say how many tabbata sets can you do on a life cycle set at 500watts Grin

any takers?
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 08:30:46 PM »

I even thought of this just for old guys like you dean all part of the natural muscle inclusivity scheme  Grin
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:48:37 PM »

What dean its perfect?

Good for the heart ( important in those saga years!), low impact so no pressure on those old tricky joints and best of all no balance issues Cheesy
ildibear
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 09:04:30 AM »

Sounds interesting. You know, about 10 years ago I'd have loved this sort of thing. Age is very unforgiving LOL Cheesy

You know Dean self-suggestion is a very powerful thing (even an incorrigible cynic like myself has to admit that). You keep telling yourself you're old you'll eventually be so. 41 is not old and no you don't have to be as good as you were at 30 but you do have to have the guts to accept that and still stand proud when you're done. Now that sounds more serious than I meant to be. Com'on I know you want this challenge or another (and I mean something that's outside the office and your lovely family home).
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 09:34:35 AM »

three weeks leaner, three weeks older  Grin

Anyway know we have ribbed dean about being an old fart the  actual challenge

Lifecycle or any other exercise bike with watts program on it

Two mins at 75 watts as warm up prep then 20 seconds at 500 watts and your RPM has to stay above 90, ten seconds active rest at 75 watts then 20 seconds at 500 watts and so on until you can not do another set at 500 watts/90 RPm as soon as your rpm drops below ninety that set is over and only the total completed sets count

We can even moderate the workload by having a 300watts, 400 watts and 500 watts challenge.

The only thing you will need is for the person who is recording to be able to swap between the grimacing face and the display to verify the workload is being kept to  Grin
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 09:04:13 AM »

I am up for a CV challenge but uhm, you are aware that I do cardio naked right?

I even own the domain name nakedcardio.co.uk (no site up yet, but check, she is all mine!!)

Now, who can I get to come round and record my figures?

Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 09:18:48 AM »

No he thinks your northern charm is exotic  Grin
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 09:25:54 AM »

No need to argue boys and stop jamming my inbox with private messages, I will send you both pictures ok lol!

Grin Grin Grin
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 12:17:10 PM »

I can understand on a cycle, where you have somewhere to rest it. But on a treadmill there would be some uncomfortable jangling.

If you row you better make sure you sit right back depending on your length. Dont want to get your nib caught under the roller of a concept II!
tony_b

Email
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 05:28:39 PM »

The only thing you will need is for the person who is recording to be able to swap between the grimacing face and the display to verify the workload is being kept to  Grin

Damn, there goes my not so subtle powerdrill plan...  Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements