February 24, 2018, 10:48:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
 BULK POWDERS
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strength programme Heavy/Light  (Read 4822 times)
Jon Bibb

2011 Mike Williams Classic Masters Champion

Email
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:44:12 AM »

Trying to construct a decent strength programme with primarily havy basic and some lighter/speed work.What percentage of my heavy days poundage should I use on my speed work and should I keep the reps the same ie 5x5 .
thrower

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 08:11:13 PM »

I have always worked in the 40-60% of 1rm range.This l believe is where the maximum expression of power exists for most  human movenments/exercises.10 sets of 3 with one -two minutes recovery between sets.(usually one minute).We spend a lot of time making sure that we operate at maximum intensity which can only be achieved with these relatively light weights by applying maximum acceleration and speed of movement.Lots of control needed.
Picked up this idea from a Polish shot put coach 30 years ago.We like it but l am sure others have  equally valid  or better ideas as well .
                                                                   Regards,
                                                                      Paul Rees
                                                                                www.bournemouthbarbell.co.uk
Jon Bibb

2011 Mike Williams Classic Masters Champion

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 09:55:53 PM »

Thanks,Paul.Much appreciated Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements