August 15, 2018, 12:09:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: BDFPA SOUTHERN COUNTIES POWERLIFTING AND SINGLE LIFTS CHAMPIONSHIPS  (Read 15464 times)
thrower

« on: November 18, 2011, 11:13:46 AM »

The  BDFPA SOUTHERN COUNTIES POWERLIFTING AND SINGLE LIFTS CHAMPIONSHIPS AND DIVISIONAL QUALIFIER will be held at OAKMEAD COLLEGE  of TECHNOLOGY SPORTS CENTRE,Duck Lane,BOURNEMOUTH,BH11 9JJ on SUNDAY 29th JANUARY 2012.
Further details with entry form and poster are available via the BDFPA web site-Events page.Guests from other divisions of the BDFPA will be welcome to enter.
Oakmead high performance centre will be used and one of the 4 main halls which are next to the warm up area.International referees will be present.Free parking is available at the venue and a small cafe will be open throughout the day.All welcome to spectate.
                                                                                Regards,
                                                                                    Paul
thrower

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 12:26:12 PM »

Checked out the hall at Oakmead that we will use for the Southern Counties.Looks very good indeed and quite a big step up from Kings Park.Weightlifting competition on Saturday will be followed on the following day by our Southern Counties Championships.Food available throughout and l hope to have trade support as well.My focus will concentrate on BDFPA events in future and BWL Weightlifting Competitions.
IPF Commonwealth Championships start on Thursday at BU and our lifters(30plus )have already entered the Southern Counties and are preparing for  competition in the New Year.Hope to have quite a crowd qualifying for the British.
                                                                   Paul

paulrees@bournemouthbarbell.co.uk
Wardy22

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 04:56:36 PM »

I saw some footage from last years. It looks a good comp and will be my first big comp if you like so I'm dead looking forward to it!

Actually quick question Paul. I plan on paying for my membership after xmas that won't be too late to reg for this will it?
thrower

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 07:12:47 PM »

That will be fine Wardy22.You can send off your entry and fee as soon as you like.Manon Bradley will send me a list of up to date members a couple of days before the competition.Look forward to seeing you lift.
                                                  Best wishes for the festive season to everyone,
                                                                         Paul
thrower

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 04:55:38 PM »

Weightlifting team competition (4 lifters each) between an Isle of Wight team(Bonchurch),Bournemouthbarbell and Bournemouth University will be included for local entertainment.Any other takers?St Marys University College,Twickenham///Empire,Bristol,//Crossfit,Andover may be up for the challenge.?
Also individual Bournemouth barbell award for the 5 lift challenge.Olympic total in points plus Powerlifting total  in points achieved on the following day.Several of our lifters are in BWL and BDFPA and are up for the challenge again.Any takers-must be affiliated to both BWL and BDFPA and entered in both disciplines.Entries have started to come in faster now.Looking for 30 weightlifters and 50 powerlifters/single lifters maximum.
                                                                       Regards,
                                                                         Paul
                                                                          paulrees@bournemouthbarbell.co.uk
Wardy22

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 01:40:15 PM »

That will be fine Wardy22.You can send off your entry and fee as soon as you like.Manon Bradley will send me a list of up to date members a couple of days before the competition.Look forward to seeing you lift.
                                                  Best wishes for the festive season to everyone,
                                                                         Paul

OK Paul I'm not sure If I will have the money for the entry fee until the day would it be OK to sign up and bring money with me for meet entry fee?

I will get my BDFPA membership paid prior to this just don't think I have the money for entry fee till payday...

Thanks
thrower

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 03:27:40 PM »

Would love to say yes but last year we were let down badly by prominent members of the BDFPA and now we can only accept payment by the closing date.We will probably be over subscribed anyway and cannot hold a place .We will encourage you and all but last years experience has unfortunately made us very cautious.Sorry Wardie.
WE already have over 15 weightlifters (max 30) and 22 powerlifters (40) entered and we do not want to get over run as we have been previously so we will close entries on the closing date and not afterwards.
                                                                      Regards,
                                                                         Paul
Wardy22

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 04:02:08 PM »

Would love to say yes but last year we were let down badly by prominent members of the BDFPA and now we can only accept payment by the closing date.We will probably be over subscribed anyway and cannot hold a place .We will encourage you and all but last years experience has unfortunately made us very cautious.Sorry Wardie.
WE already have over 15 weightlifters (max 30) and 22 powerlifters (40) entered and we do not want to get over run as we have been previously so we will close entries on the closing date and not afterwards.
                                                                      Regards,
                                                                         Paul

Ahh crap well thanks anyhow. I may have to loan some money in that case Smiley Can I send membership and entry fee to the same contact? And if so who?

thrower

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 09:02:02 PM »

Down load the BDFPA membership form -New Member- from the BDFPA web site Wardie.Address to send it to is on the form.Look for Manon Bradley on the form --the person to send it to.
 The Southern Counties Championships is only one of many Divisional Championships being held all over the UK for BDFPA members.Entry form for the Southern Counties should be sent to the address on the form.Entry fee cheques are payable to Bournemouth Weightlifting and Powersports Club.
Hope this helps.Same sort of system used by most Sports Federations.Do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any further help.
                                                                          Regards,
                                                                                Paul
01202 770894                                                               paulrees@bournemouthbarbell.co.uk            www.bournemouthbarbell.co.uk
thrower

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 01:24:11 PM »

Another 6 entries this morning.We are filling up fast.!!Accepting more than 40 powerlifters and about 10 single lifters will be the limit .Time will not allow us to handle more than that even though we have an excellent  and experienced loading and spotting crew.
Early return of your entry to us is vital if you want to be sure of a lifting place.We have enough entries to run a good competition already.Just do not  want to let anyone wanting to lift down.Entries received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Although it is possible we could run another LAST DITCH qualifier for powerlifting only at a later date, no such arrangement is in place yet and may not be possible unless numbers make it viable.
                                                             Kindest Regards to all,
                                                                               Paul
01202 770894                                                           paulrees@bournemouthbarbell.co.uk
www.bournemouthbarbell.co.uk
P.S.If you require further information please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Alex

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 11:30:21 AM »

So membership is 10 and is there a competition fee?
Alex

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 11:39:10 AM »

Doh! 30 for membership and 40 to do squat and bench, thanks Glenn  Grin
thrower

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 04:11:43 PM »

Hi Alex,
           Membership of the BDFPA is 30 FOR THE YEAR 2012.Club members of an affiliated club pay 15 per year.The majority of the funds raised goes on Dope Testing!
Competition entry fees vary according to the costs of holding an event.Venue and trophies(if offered) travelling expences for referees and food/drink/incentive for the spotters and loaders.The host usually also provides or hires the equipment(better the quality the more expensive it is to buy-Eleiko Bar 800  Squat bench comb up to 3000each).Food and drink is usually provided for refs and spotters/loaders.
Our club hosts events regularly on a non profit basis.Sometimes we have a surplus usually spent on Equipment or we save it to pay for the deficit if and when we make a loss.
This year we have reduced entry fees to -Full Power 18 and gone to a better venue.(a very smart venue to).Any profits will go to the Oakmead College Lifting Club.Any loss will be BBs responsibility to pay.
Other federations membership and entry fees are often higher without paying for dope testing in most cases.
Probably still too expensive for some people which is a shame because we want everyone to have the opportunity to lift.
Hope this enlightens the situation further and hope you are able to lift.Our intention in future is to use the best facilities and equipment possible and offer trophies to all those who choose to compete and win their class.
                                                                        Regards,
                                                                           Paul
thrower

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 04:36:35 PM »

So far entries for powerlifting are for 12 ladies and 43 men.Full really !But will take in those entries that are in the post .
Weightlifting entries started well (over 20 including 9 ladies) but have now stalled.Plenty of emails but no further entries.Still we have enough to go ahead but prefer 30 plus.We will run a schools and junior event in the morning for mainly absolute beginners from local schools/Uni etc.Just 1 referee and unofficial.
                                                                   Regards,
                                                                       Paul
thrower

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »

Near 70 entries now.We will have to use two platforms.Entries are about to close.Weightlifting entries around 30.Should be just right.
Looking forward to the action starting.Alistair Cannings ,our web master,will put up the entry lists soon on www.bournemouthbarbell.co.uk.
                                                         Regards to all,
                                                               Paul
01202 770894                                              paulrees@bournemouthbarbell.co.uk
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements