May 25, 2019, 12:59:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP PLEASE!!! I NEED ADVICE!!  (Read 5666 times)
brettboy

Email
« on: November 25, 2011, 11:05:06 PM »

hello everyone!! i need advice in the last 6months i have got mega in to my training, i eat very calculated as i am a great believer of u r what u eat!! recently i have decided to consider competing in june 2012!!

im 24 years of age 5,7 weighing 11.6 stone! holding 10% bodyfat i think?

i have never competed and never done focused on anything serious before until i was introduced to weights! and i wana give a competition a go and see how i do on stage! but i dont want to embarass myself? Huh Undecided

how do i know when i am ready?  my profile pic is of me 4 weeks ago, since then i have changed my diet as i am trying to gain as much mass muscle and size till march before i start to chizzle to get ready for june 2012

any response would be much appreciated! i need guidance? and honest thoughts and opinions please thanks
daveybriggs

NPA South-East Lightweight Champion

daveybriggs@hotmail.com
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 11:14:40 PM »

Hello mate,

first of all looks like your in a great place, very lean and good proportions from what I can see. Its also good to see you are giving proper nutrition the attention it deserves as its all we have in the natural realms!

ok now you need an action plan..light novices may be the way forwards for you to get a feel so look through the show pictures from the past year on NPA and BNBF sites aswell as the UKDFBA. By looking at these physiques you will be able to see where you feel your at in terms of development (with legs and back being a very vital part). after seeing and reveiwing these shots you are in a position to give weaker body parts extra attention.

Competing is a terrifying, draining, beautiful memorable experience that changes you forever mate. The nerves, the courage..it brings out things in you that you never knew you had and would reccomend everyone has a go just to say "yep have done that" .

step 1 I think is to take some quality pictures of your physique in good lighting in all the mandatory poses. then someone you value the oppinion of should be shown them too offer you advice.

step 2 start a journal writing down your nutrition and training day by day this will allow people to look at where your at and offer advice.

step 3 facebook mate Smiley david briggs, add me and alot of the other guys are on here..tis a family affiar this natural bodybuilding game !
brettboy

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 11:54:35 PM »

thanks so much for your reply dave!! i have just spent ages reading up on you i am soooooo impressed and inspired! i wana do wot u do

i had a scroll the other day through the bnbf lightweight novices! i genuinely feel i need a wide back (latz that pop right out) and some great delts! and i need to hit abs more! my problem has always been that i train on lunch breaks and always have done so i need to start hitting the gym evening to work on my weaknesses, what would be considered as good lighting? with shadow reflected on the body? or just generally under a bright light?

your right!! my mum is also in to her fitness and she had a serious chat bout my diet the other day! i am aware that i currently consume about 210 to 220 gams of protein daily this is a must for me! i have start loading on carbs good carbs!! this 300 grams a day i think give or take but i dont know the amount of fats i am consuming as i never look at this when i buy products! i am assuming this is a school boy error!

i will add u as soon as i log on to facebook! your advice has been fantastic! as of tomorrow i will make note on all i do! i hope to keep in touch with u on there mate! i used to have a crazy part lifrestyle till i had a son and all i do now is stay home with the the mrs and son, i  work train eat and sleep Smiley ! so to keep in touch with someone like yourself through this journey would be amazing for me Smiley

would i be doing the right thing to train between now and march 3 - 4 times a week heavy? as i used to train every day and 70 - 80%? 10 - 14 reps?

winter

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 05:20:44 AM »

Hi Mate, you seem switched on. Upper half looks tight. where do you rate your legs?

This is a solid site where you can learn some useful info.

good luck, Peter
brettboy

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 10:17:53 AM »

thanks mate, all i go by is family opinions on my body! as i dont get out much these days and train alone! my brothers and mum love my legs! they think i need to work my upper body more to fit my legs perfectly!!

but is a family opinion enough? i train my legs regular! i was once told i cant put a big roof on a small house!!? so work my legs hard!

but what do they look for on stage?
SteHowie

5 x British 2 x UIBBN World Champ Powered by EQ

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 11:33:46 AM »

BrettBoy - you look Ace and would be ace on stage - this sport of ours is a real mind game and I bet you are better than you think :-)  Family crtique is usually biased on the fair side - as they don't want to upset or create disharmony, get a mentor who you trust and only listen to their advice.  Nobody else matters and don't dwell on the scales use the mirror.
Davey is a good starting point for your diet and training.
best of luck and enjoy - this is our hobby - all be it a time consuming and weird hobby  Grin
Jon Bibb

2011 Mike Williams Classic Masters Champion

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 11:39:33 AM »

Where are you based,Brett? I'm sure someone on here would meet up for a workout and give you some advice?
brettboy

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 09:51:19 AM »

Thanks for the reply guys ste howie i will take on board everything  u say thats for sure, i agree with regards to the family critique as i am sure they dont want to give a bad opinion, and i will take on board the mirror advice as i find the scales can definately fluctuate continously,

brettboy

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 09:51:53 AM »

hi jon I live in southampton and work in fareham, any1 from this part of the world???
Jester

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 12:37:41 PM »

Bully?
brettboy

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 01:31:32 PM »

Huh??
Jon Bibb

2011 Mike Williams Classic Masters Champion

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 08:39:28 PM »

Huh??
That's Pete Bullard,mate.Jester wasn't saying that you were a bully,lol.
brettboy

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 10:36:27 AM »

ooohh lol!!  Smiley where is he from?
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 10:44:22 AM »

ooohh lol!!  Smiley where is he from?

The Isle of Wight, along with Clint Oliver (Abdominator here) how is also bloody good. Scott G is not too far away and a couple others I think, well they are more Bournemouth direction.

Welcome to the forum btw Brett  Grin
Alex

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 11:46:49 AM »

Welcome Brett, moved you into the journals for a bit more exposure.

Looks like you have a very good base to do well,
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements