August 20, 2019, 11:21:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WORLD DRUG FREE POWERLIFTING ASSOCIATION FINAL 2009  (Read 2252 times)
elliott

Email
« on: December 09, 2009, 09:14:42 AM »

Hi All

Just wanted to say huge congratulations to my training partner Simon Marshall in coming second in the WDFPA Unequipped final in Milton Keynes last Month. Coming in to the event Simon was the world record holder and British Champion and we were sort of expecting another win....and then Olexiy turned up!
It then became arguably the best weight category of the unequipped final with each competitor matching the other in the Squat. Simon recorded a 265kg (Olexiy 267.5kg) then Simon did maxed out with a 190kg bench (Olexiy 177.5kg). So coming in to the Deads Simon had a slight lead but rumor had it that Olexiy had something up his sleeve!

Unfortunately for Simon, Olexiy could really Dead Lift and Simon ended up with a 307.5kg (a new world record for 10 minutes) until Olexiy did an awesome 330kg!

The day ended with Simon on 762.50KG against Olexiy's 765kg. A great effort by both athletes and really fun to watch.

Simon was very gracious in defeat but thinks there’s a little more in the tank for next year’s event (and he had a cold!)

Cheers

Robin Grin
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 02:44:40 PM »

Nice write up Robin, sounds like it was a real battle between the two behemoths!  Grin
elliott

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 04:38:16 PM »

Thanks Jon. I forgot to mention that it was the 100kg class (I think they both beat the totals of all the other competitors on the day (including the 145kg guys!)

I am training for the next divisional's for the unequipped under 90kk at the moment.

Cheers

Robin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements