December 18, 2017, 11:32:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
 BULK POWDERS
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple, but delicious oats  (Read 9726 times)
Adam.uk

Fueled by Ultralife

WWW Email
« on: February 03, 2012, 04:15:35 PM »

now, i know a lot of us on here enjoy our oats, infact i must have atleast 250g of them a day precontest and up to 400g a day when im not dieting

so as you can imagine sometimes, you need new condiments or other things to add to your oats to make them that little more enjoyable to wake up to

well, this may be the most simple thing ever but it certainly is worth the while

I usually have 100g oats with either blueberries or a banana mixed in but sometimes i don't have the fruit so have it plain and i have to add splenda and cinnamon etc

Last night i decided to toast the oats and soak them over night then cook them in a pot and i didnt even need to sweeten them. Just a little bit of cinnemon and they were perfect for me whilst dieting.

So, the procedure is pretty damn  simple but to make them perfect make sure you use the huge whole steel cut oats which you can get from a health food store (sometimes labelled as Whole organic jumbo oats)...

measure them, 100g or how ever much you have,

heat a non-stick frying pan and throw the oats in there. Toss them and stir them with a wooden spoon until they give off a butterscotch type of smell

throw them in a pot of cold water and leave them to soak overnight (this is optional and basically just speeds up the cooking time) or throw them straight in to a pot of boiling water and cook on very low heat for about 15 to 20 mins.

Sprinkle cinnamon or add udo's to give an extra nutty flavour

delicious!
Alex

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 04:33:16 PM »

Sounds good, so if left soaking over night whats the protocol in the morning, I presume mic for 2 mins or hob for 5 ?

Also when people say soak, how much water, ie enough to cover, twice as much so its all floating/sinking??
Adam.uk

Fueled by Ultralife

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 04:36:15 PM »

basically i just added enough water to cover the oats, then left it. I then added more water in the morning and put in the microwave. But to be honest it tasted just the same when i didnt soak them. Actually it tasted slightly better when i didnt soak them because they were thicker and granier as they hadnt absorbed all the water but with the steel cut ones it took a lot longer to cook in the pot, but if you have a spare 20 mins in the morning whilst having a shower or getting ready for work or something i would fully recommened it
ChopperTheDog

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 12:57:34 AM »

Soaking the oats makes them easier to digest as well, win win.
Groovemaster

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 08:46:11 PM »

Im good with ground oats and water in a shaker 😂
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements