May 25, 2019, 11:48:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: severn valleys novice strongman comp  (Read 5878 times)
tiny1976

« on: December 02, 2009, 02:22:53 PM »

Just came across an artical regarding the seven valleys novice strongman event, has anyone heard of the above?
i found a few articles on it and it seems to be a really well run and recognised show for novice strongman, but i cant find any thing for the event in 2010.

Its run alongside the britains strongest woman event

heres a link for the womans event

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/Britains-Strongest-Woman-2009-m3293561.aspx

if anyone has details for the mens can they let me know please
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 03:40:12 PM »

I've heard of it, they do it every year and its a well respected event.

Mate are you a member on Sugden barbell or strength discussion forum (strongman forums). All the comps big and small are listed.
tiny1976

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »

im not but i think i might need to be, just added sugden to my facebook though
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 02:57:27 PM »

Im a member on sugden and there is some great training stuff and challenge boards etc on there. Plus they all discuss their training camps and there is a comp database for strongman, power, oly and other lifts.

I've even now got a journal on there as im doing oly lifting. It just mirrors my one on here though.
tiny1976

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 04:36:07 PM »

i started on powerlifting uk but they seemed to be very pro roids so just lost interest

the discussions on here seems to be a bit moe balanced and usefull - none of the usual dick swinging thats can be found.

i'll check out sugden now and fingers crossed find somethingon the severn valleys

Monbeef

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 05:38:42 PM »

http://s9.zetaboards.com/Strength_Discussion/index/

SDF. Worth it for strongman info mate.
jamie

http://www.youtube.com/user/jamiesmagictorch

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 08:14:34 PM »

like mon said sugdens worth joining me and ben have journals on there too.
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 09:28:05 PM »

I've not seen your journal on there Jamie. Ill have a look. Is Tony b on there the same as Tony b on here? Tony? Are you?!

Ill be joining you all this time at the MM5 comp. I think my back will be fine if I take it slow. I've got 9 months! I can start deadlifting now very light and build up. Its the deadlift where I struggle. Healthy my dead max was 190kg. I would want atleast 220kg for 1 before doing a strongman comp. But im better overhead and others so hopefully wont come last!

I'd do an earlier one with you and Vess too Tiny but I'm gonna have a pop at the BWLA London and South East Spring open olympic lifting comp on May 29th at Crystal Palace. So Ill channel for that then MM5 will be nice in August.

I saw you signed up for the Northern u105 Jamie. Did you qualify last year? Do you think you will this year? Seems to be a busy one the Northern.
jamie

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 10:00:15 PM »

it is the same tony b mate forgot to add him in my previous post.

came around 10th ish at the 105 northern qualifer last year mate, hope to do better this year doubt ill qualify as its a strong field but ill try my best, then came 3rd in the under 90 qualifier and 6th in the under 90 englands final there are some vids on youtube under jamiesmagictorch.
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 09:53:17 AM »

I didn't realise you were under 90kg. Thats good to have the u90 to compete in. I couldn't get down there and im well out of my depth at u105 at the moment. Plenty of time though. MM5/novice this year if injuries stay away, then hopefully in 2011 Ill be strong enough to do a u105 and come last but not look stupid! As long as I can do atleast 1 rep or a few metres on everything I'd be happy. But seeing comps with 220-240kg deadlift puts me standing there straining and the bar not budging!

Seeing the Northen list already it looks a very strong line up. Although many clearly aren't, it appears lots of lifters on Sugden are natural too.
Hopefully you'll crack top ten and get in the top 6 this year mate.
jamie

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 10:06:34 AM »

I`m up at 95 at the moment want to get my bodyweight up so I dont die at ssm2 dont think I`ll do under 90 again almost felt like i was dieting for bodybuilding again to get there and I`ve done shows in worse condition than I competed in at the olympic dragons although thats not saying much some of my bodybuilding outings I was quiet smooth.
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 02:10:44 PM »

I weighed myself this morning and realised im 107! I had no idea i'd gone over 105. So Id have to cut up a little for that. But that would be years away anyway. But likewise for Oly lifting in May Ill have to get under 105 otherwise Ill be up again 24 stone power bellies as +105 is the upper weight class.

SSM2 is that Scotlands Strongest man 2? looked like a good comp last year. When is that on?
jamie

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 02:13:17 PM »

its sugdens strongest man 2 mate on 6th of march in ashton on outskirts of manchester mate.
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 04:39:45 PM »

Oh right. Sounds good. Is that an open class? I like the way its all so light hearted and everyone is encouraged no matter what their level.

Shame they're all so far away from me in the South East. If I like it after Glen's I may need to be prepared for travelling more. Good days out though they seem.

Good luck with it mate.
Big_Vess

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 09:24:22 AM »

fyi - dates and events for this comp are now out. Dont think I will be doing it as I have 2 now in May and June then will wait for the British Drug Tested Open.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements