March 20, 2019, 10:41:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Piri Piri Chicken  (Read 7457 times)
fhwill

Email
« on: March 28, 2012, 02:34:00 PM »

Not a recipe as such, more a recommendation.

I had my chicken cooked for me this morning, it was plain  Undecided

I added some Schwartz Piri Piri seasoning and Lemon Juice to it and had it with my rice. Gave my mouth a kick and was actually the nicest thing I've eaten in ages!  Cool
ildibear
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 03:09:47 PM »

I've got a lot of hot sauce. Too much. (Ordered a bunch of them from the German distributor of that lady who was selling them at the North Market at the Arnold's. It's sick.)
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 03:12:49 PM »

I have the chicken plain now but my evening meal of turkey and broccoli needs a bit of punch so I add schwartz Perfect Shake Chicken spice to it, only a sprinkling but it livens it right up
tony_b

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 03:16:42 PM »

I use a big bottle of chilli sauce to spice it up - 70% red chilli. Cost about 2.50 from the wholesaler, been good for over 40kg of chicken so far!!!

I was using Nandos extra hot Piri Piri, but this does about the same, and doesn't cost 2 a week
ildibear
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 05:09:20 PM »

Toby, you have to start mixing your own spices, those packets (and the OXO cubes) are lethal. They do normally add some kind of glutamic acid to enhance flavour, salt and sugar and there's just no way of telling how much. You could make your own little paste with just garlic, chillis and coriander with a bit of lime juice and/or zest, maybe some coconut oil. Chuck your chicken/turkey breast into the freezer until it hardens a wee bit, this way you can slice it (with a good knife) into paperthin slices. Put it into your paste for at least half an hour or portioned into the freezer. As it's so thin you can throw it into a heavy based very hot wok for about 2 mins to cook it moist and juicy with minimal amount of fat (if that's your enemy, otherwise do not bother). Serve with Udo's on top. I'm sick of scrubbing the Forman. Chopped garlic, ginger, low sodium soy sauce, bit of toasted sesame oil, pinch of Stevia and chilli makes a killer stirfry, meat or veg. For a nice curry type flavour take a spoonful of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, a cinammon stick, dried red chillis, a few cloves and heat it all in a pan until your mustard seeds start to pop. Transfer it into a pestle and mortar and grind it. You can make loads and keep it in an airtight glass jar. It is also a great idea to pop a few cloves and cardamom pods into your rice when you're boiling it, it'll taste so much better. That said the next time I'm dieting I think I'll be going with chicken, veggie and sweet potato shakes/pure with a spot of Udo's. If your meals are too interesting and taste too nice you'll be tempted to eat more. If they are boring and you take choice out of the equation, you can save up your staying power for your morning CV Smiley)).
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 05:21:37 PM »

I actually came close to proposing reading that Ildi!!!

Food for thought as I have never really considered that as the amount I use is so small but it does all count.
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 10:08:19 PM »

Nice one Ildi  Grin Ginger, chili (I prefer green but whatever you like) and garlic all smashed up together keeps for ages in a jar in the fridge and can be used for all sorts. I also like using the various Mrs Dash salt-free seasonings - the chipotle one is my fave, if you can find it. They're all good though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements