July 17, 2019, 11:30:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pancakes for breakfast  (Read 6271 times)
James Beadman

« on: April 07, 2012, 10:49:29 AM »

I love pancakes and peanut butter and personally struggle to eat so many eggs for breakfast on their own,
so i make a pancake. Using:
3-4 whole eggs, generally i use 3.
60g of oats
sprinkle of cinnamon,
table spoon of peanut butter,
Milk or water to desired consistency.
Some people say keeping egg yolks ruins taste, personally i don't care.
Blend all of the ingredients and cook like a pancake with a small amount of HOT oil in the pan, i use the "1Cal spray" stuff. Coconut oil probably best though.
Add whey if you want more protein, although already quite high anyway.
Remove cinnamon if your bulking and desperate to hold all weight, it's thermogenic.
I sometimes add a tiny amount of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup; if I'm bulking for taste but peanut butter does fine alone if cutting.
I haven't got all the macros found out but it's ROUGHLY like this:
35g Protein, on three eggs.
65g of Carbs, mostly complex from oats.
10g of fat, not so sure on this one  Undecided depends on eggs used...
ENJOY!
SimonC

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 01:13:52 PM »

James, 3 large eggs are 6 grams of protein each and 5 grams of fat each and 60 grams of Quaker oats are 6.6 grams of protein, 36 grams of carbs and 4.8 grams of fat. It's app magic. I make em with ready brek and cookies and cream impact whey.
Proff

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »

Right I'm on this! I'll give it ago tomorrow. May even cook one for the handbrake too and serve it to her in bed. Its the only way i'll get my oats
James Beadman

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 05:33:28 PM »

James, 3 large eggs are 6 grams of protein each and 5 grams of fat each and 60 grams of Quaker oats are 6.6 grams of protein, 36 grams of carbs and 4.8 grams of fat. It's app magic. I make em with ready brek and cookies and cream impact whey.
I worked under the impression large eggs were 8g of Protein each, 6g from the oats and then about 5 from the peanut butter. Thank you for the heads up on the fat though. I didn't know that Smiley I get my eggs from a friend so i haven't ever had a nutritional breakdown to read Smiley I also thought oats were more carb based so thank you for pointing that out also.
andy1237

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 07:23:07 PM »

I make mine with:

3 egg whites (standard size)
35g ground almond
10g ground coconut
5g granulated sweetener (sucralose based)

Fry in a 7' frying pan using 5 squirts of the 1 cal olive spray and serve with a large tablespoon (40g) of reduced sugar strawberry jam and a protein shake (40g whey protein isolate with water)

499 cal, 52g protein, 31g carb, 31g fat, 8g fibre, 210mg sodium.

Its a little low in carbs for my current plan but you have given me an idea to put some oats in there too. Might try that next week.

By the way if you want nutritional info for foods that don't have labels (i.e eggs) have you looked at nutritiondata.self.com? It's got virtually everything on there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements