July 19, 2019, 07:11:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ultimate Dropset - Build Massive CHEST, SHOULDERS AND LEGS  (Read 921 times)
Mr Hypertrophy

« on: May 19, 2012, 08:09:20 AM »

In the past I have used this on the Chest Press, Shoulder Press and Leg Press machines, and the strength & muscle gain was excellent.

After reading about Arthur Jones and his experiment regarding his set of Nautilus machines and Mentzer and Yates HIT theories and the views on taking sets to failure, I put this together.

I use the Press machines because you can go to muscular failure without the fear of being smashed by the bar, you could use a spot if you have someone willing to give up 10-20 minutes to spot you.

The routine is based on the following.

* Use a Machine or a decent spotter
*Each set must be to ABSOLUTE FAILURE
*Start the routine on your 1RM
*The aim for every set is to achieve 12 reps
*Every time you fail to reach 12 reps you are to decrease the weight by the minimal amount possible
*Maximum rest period between lifts is 2 minutes seconds *IMPORTANT* DO NOT SLACK ON THIS* take a stopwatch!!
*The aim is to reach 12 reps in as few attempts as possible

Example of how an individuals routine may look.

1RM - Reps = 1
Minimal weight decrease - Reps = 1
Minimal weight decrease - Reps = 2
Minimal weight decrease - Reps = 3
Minimal weight decrease - Reps = 4
Minimal weight decrease - Reps = 5
Minimal weight decrease - Reps = 6
Minimal weight decrease - Reps = 7
Minimal weight decrease - Reps = 8
Minimal weight decrease - Reps = 9
Minimal weight decrease - Reps = 11
Minimal weight decrease - Reps = 11
Minimal weight decrease - Reps = 12

As you can see this routine involves a large number of sets and will take a while, but I promise once you have finished the routine you will not want to do any other exercise on this muscle.
I wouldn't recommend doing this more than once a week on any given muscle group.

As the weight decreases the lift will become easier, however you will find as your muscles begin to fatigue the lifts get harder.

Every attempt must be until absolute failure, every lift you must be aiming for 12 reps even at your 1RM weight, in your mind you should be going for 12 reps every time and to absolute failure.

This routine drains your mind as well as your body as it becomes tougher to motivate yourself to make the next lift and by the time you get to 12 reps the weight will look like something your little sister can push.

I usually finish off the routine by loading the 1RM weight back up and doing a set of Negatives only.

Give it a go and let me know how you find it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements