January 23, 2019, 06:15:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: BulkPowders Rep-Out Challenge  (Read 73197 times)
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« on: July 13, 2012, 04:03:27 PM »

We are launching a new competition today. The BulkPowders Rep-Out Challenge!

Complete as many reps as you can on 120kg squats, Pull Ups and Dips with 30kg! The winner is the person with the highest number of total reps!

For example:

120kg squats x 20
Pull Ups x 10
Dips with 30kg x 15

Total = 45.

Prizes

1st: 100 supplement voucher
2nd: 50 supplement voucher
3rd: 25 supplement voucher  

Rules

Each competitor must undertake three exercises: 120kg squats, Pull Ups and Dips with 30kg of additional weight.
Each repetition scores a point the winner is the person with the most points over the three exercises.

• 120kg Squats: The squats must be to parallel, as per the current rules for squats on the Challenge Board.
  • Pull Ups: Please note these are not chin-ups. For pull ups, palms should be facing away with the arms at least shoulder width apart. The chin must go over the bar. No straps allowed.
  • Dips +30kg: Rules as per the Challenge Board. The upper arm must be parallel to the floor on each repetition.

It is possible, for example, to submit squats one week, pull ups the week after and dips the week after that. Competitors can submit multiple entries, to better any earlier attempts.

The winner is the person with the most points at midnight on the closing date (Sunday 14th October 2012)
The Judges (Jon Harris & Simon Jurkiw) decision is final.
Competitors must have a minimum of 50 forum posts by the closing date (Sunday 14th October 2012)

All videos must be of good quality and clearly show the weight that is being used.
Videos must be posted in the BulkPowders Rep-Out Challenge thread in the Challenge Board. BulkPowders reserve the right to post entries on their Facebook page.
Minimum entry of three competitors.

For more infomation on BulkPowders, who are sponsoring the competition, visit www.bulkpowders.co.uk

POST YOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS BELOW!
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 09:08:07 AM »

Excellent! Sounds good!
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 12:33:26 PM »

Thanks Mon. Hope you'll be getting stuck in!

Thought it's worth mentioning a few words about the choice of exercises. To create a fair comp Simon and I wanted to make it more bodyweight oriented, but also avoid having to rely on scales to weigh people, so these 3 lifts seemed like a good fit. We also discussed poundages, and tried to come up with a resistance level that would be challenging, but not out of reach for most strong-ish lifters. Finally, we wanted to use weights that were new to the board and so would pose a fresh challenge (apart from the pull ups, which we thought should probably be hard enough with bodyweight alone).

Hopefully it will inject some life back into the challenge board and create a fun diversion for people's training. I'm really pleased that we got BulkPowders to back it and the prizes aren't bad either!  Smiley
Mac

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 05:33:43 PM »

I might have to give this a shot, even though ill likely come in well below everyone as my squat is awful  Cry lol
BulkPowders.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 11:35:46 AM »

Excellent! Sounds good!

If you keep entering and winning the forum comps, that'd be great way to reduce your supplement bill! Grin

Thought it's worth mentioning a few words about the choice of exercises. To create a fair comp Simon and I wanted to make it more bodyweight oriented, but also avoid having to rely on scales to weigh people, so these 3 lifts seemed like a good fit. We also discussed poundages, and tried to come up with a resistance level that would be challenging, but not out of reach for most strong-ish lifters. Finally, we wanted to use weights that were new to the board and so would pose a fresh challenge (apart from the pull ups, which we thought should probably be hard enough with bodyweight alone).

Hopefully we've found a decent balance!

I might have to give this a shot, even though ill likely come in well below everyone as my squat is awful  Cry lol

Give it a go, mate! Likewise, my squat is also my weakness. If your dips and pull ups are good, that could compensate for the squats. Smiley
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 11:59:08 AM »

So then, who's planning to do some squats, dips and pull-ups in the gym this week? Grin

Plenty of time to get good and strong at these lifts too. Me and Si made sure of that...  Wink
K_Dogs

DOMS makes you feel alive....

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 04:00:49 PM »

Squats are a bit heavy for me to make any real impact on this one.
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 11:06:40 AM »

I think it's only right that the organisers have a blast at this so for fun had a go at the squats yesterday. Suprising how much hitting the extra depth takes out of you. Managed a rather unimpressive 15 but will hope for a few more next time.

Will try the dips today, although dont have a chin bar in the cabin so cant do those. Maybe I'll give them a whirl when I go down the local gym.

Anyone else tried yet?
tony_b

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 11:19:21 AM »

Hit 15 on the pull ups last night - on those can we pause so long as we stay hanging on to the bar?
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 11:29:20 AM »

Yes Tony, that's fine. 15 reps is pretty good too.  Smiley
tony_b

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 11:52:13 AM »

Cool, will probably get another 3 or 4 out with hanging on 'til the bitter end!!

Yeah, I need to do well on these to make up for the squats/dips methinks...
stealthy

Email
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 02:13:31 PM »

will give this challenge a whirl even though ill come bottom lol i managed 8 reps on 120kg squats yesterday but didnt film it, will try and build on this in the next few weeks Cheesy dont think ill get any reps on the dips though! haha
Zid

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »

Im gona have a crack at this later. I got 25 pull ups the other day and have done a few 25 rep squat sets on 100kg in the past (never do 120kg...just go straight into 140kg) and got 6 reps with 60kg dips on Monday so I think ill give it a go!
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 10:06:06 AM »

I think it's only right that the organisers have a blast at this so for fun had a go at the squats yesterday. Suprising how much hitting the extra depth takes out of you. Managed a rather unimpressive 15 but will hope for a few more next time.

Will try the dips today, although dont have a chin bar in the cabin so cant do those. Maybe I'll give them a whirl when I go down the local gym.

Anyone else tried yet?

Great, cheers Jon! Grin I guess I'd better have a crack at some point then! Had I known, I'd have tried to suggest deadlifts!

Cool, will probably get another 3 or 4 out with hanging on 'til the bitter end!!

Yeah, I need to do well on these to make up for the squats/dips methinks...
will give this challenge a whirl even though ill come bottom lol i managed 8 reps on 120kg squats yesterday but didnt film it, will try and build on this in the next few weeks Cheesy dont think ill get any reps on the dips though! haha
Im gona have a crack at this later. I got 25 pull ups the other day and have done a few 25 rep squat sets on 100kg in the past (never do 120kg...just go straight into 140kg) and got 6 reps with 60kg dips on Monday so I think ill give it a go!

Some good efforts there, fellas! I'd best get training!
tony_b

Email
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 11:17:53 AM »

Solid contender here!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements