January 20, 2019, 08:15:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: BulkPowders Rep-Out Challenge  (Read 73133 times)
Zid

Email
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 11:31:50 AM »

Im gona have a crack at this later. I got 25 pull ups the other day and have done a few 25 rep squat sets on 100kg in the past (never do 120kg...just go straight into 140kg) and got 6 reps with 60kg dips on Monday so I think ill give it a go!

Solid contender here!

Not at all mate. I am back in football mode now so there will be plenty of people that will rack up the 20+ on each move.

I tried this last night after a few sets on 140kg squats and 1 on 160kg and wanted to see how I would get on combining all 3 together...granted, I was tired but I wanted to give it a go. I got 15 reps on all moves! I finished with Squats and would hope for 20 reps after a few attempts and not at the end of the session. The Pull ups were easiest and you can get good at them after a few sessions so would hope to get an additional 5-10 from that too. I train by myself so will try and get someone to film this in the coming weeks
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 12:06:56 PM »

I tried this last night after a few sets on 140kg squats and 1 on 160kg and wanted to see how I would get on combining all 3 together...granted, I was tired but I wanted to give it a go. I got 15 reps on all moves! I finished with Squats and would hope for 20 reps after a few attempts and not at the end of the session. The Pull ups were easiest and you can get good at them after a few sessions so would hope to get an additional 5-10 from that too. I train by myself so will try and get someone to film this in the coming weeks

Nice work Zid. As Tony says, you should be a solid contender, epecially if you're strong at all 3 lifts.

Also 15 reps across the board is good news, at it suggests that we pitched the resistance level right, but obviously there will be variation amongst others and we wont really know until there's a decent number of entries in.
Zid

Email
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 01:43:44 PM »

Agreed. A good balance I feel. I want to get my entry in early so I am the leadr....at least until somone else enters Grin

To be clear, you are able to split the exercises over say 3 individual sessions and you just gain an overall score?
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 01:49:18 PM »

Yes Zid, you can do the lifts in different sessions, and you can submit as many vids as you like.

The overall score is obtained once the 3 lifts are in, and you can increase your overall score by submitting new videos with higher reps, right up until the deadline date.
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 03:43:31 PM »

Performed even worse on the dips and chins today - managed just 10 on both, giving a grand total of 35.

Still, early days, and I think there's a bit more 'gas in the tank'. 50 would be a nice target over the coming weeks, which would come from adding 5 reps to each of the lifts, and anything above that would be a bonus.

I wonder how my 'co-organiser' Si is getting on?  Grin
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 04:34:55 PM »

Performed even worse on the dips and chins today - managed just 10 on both, giving a grand total of 35.

Still, early days, and I think there's a bit more 'gas in the tank'. 50 would be a nice target over the coming weeks, which would come from adding 5 reps to each of the lifts, and anything above that would be a bonus.

I wonder how my 'co-organiser' Si is getting on?  Grin

Not as well as you! Grin

Dips: I did 3 sets of 12reps earlier today.
Pull Ups: I'll try on Saturday - I'd guess at 13-15.
Squats: I'll try on Monday - I'd guess at...12?
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 08:20:42 PM »

I'm gonna get my ass whooped!

At 107kg I'm not gonna be the world's greatest at pull ups! Lol. and at real depth my squats will be less too.

I estimate...

Squats - 10
Pull ups - 10
Dips - 15

I'll try it soon. Is a DB between the feet ok?!
Zid

Email
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 09:45:31 PM »

I'm gonna get my ass whooped!

At 107kg I'm not gonna be the world's greatest at pull ups! Lol. and at real depth my squats will be less too.

I estimate...

Squats - 10
Pull ups - 10
Dips - 15

I guess 30kg is 30kg James. You'll smash it!
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 12:36:07 AM »

Yep I should think so Mon, but so long as we get a close-up so we can see it's 30kg.  Smiley

Sounds a bit uncomfortable though  Huh
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 12:39:46 AM »

Dips: I did 3 sets of 12reps earlier today.
Pull Ups: I'll try on Saturday - I'd guess at 13-15.
Squats: I'll try on Monday - I'd guess at...12?

Well, if you can manage those reps Si then you'll be sneaking ahead ... at least for now.  Grin
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 06:51:42 AM »

Cheers Jon. It's very uncomfortable! But without a weight adding belt its feet or pants!
Monbeef

Email
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 06:54:05 AM »

I just realised it closes in October, and seeing as I'm on the transformation game too, I may as well wait until I'm lighter! That 10kg can make a big difference!
K_Dogs

DOMS makes you feel alive....

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2012, 12:37:34 PM »

Guys, you've inadvertently create an awesome full body workout.
Just tried them one after the other.
Dips = 24 (failed on 25th)
Squats = 15
Chins = 15
Total 54
I have vids for Dips & Squats. Will do chins again as newborn needed feeding so my camera women was busy.
Feeling pretty shaky and sick now  Grin
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2012, 04:41:32 PM »

Fantastic effort Keith, especially as you did them back to back. Particularly impressive reps on the dips!

Yep, it's a pretty decent whole body workout.

Squats hit the whole legs and lower back.
Dips - tris and pecs.
Pull ups - biceps, forearms and lats.
Zid

Email
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 10:56:56 AM »

Whats the rules around knee wraps? Are they allowed?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements