May 25, 2019, 04:57:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
  Print  
Author Topic: BulkPowders Rep-Out Challenge  (Read 76714 times)
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2012, 12:20:48 AM »

Good effort Rich, I think depth could probably be a few inches lower on some of the reps to hit true parallel but I'll pass it this time.
Rich mc

Ukdfba under 75kg champion

Email
« Reply #166 on: September 15, 2012, 08:08:23 AM »

Thanks jon, i do stuggle with squats with my bad knee. Joys of getting old and years of training Cool
Rich mc

Email
« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2012, 05:13:42 PM »

Back again jon had a blast at dips and chins again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wydKEW91J9U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrn3W9uHjoA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2012, 12:55:20 PM »

Amazing Rich I counted 25 chins and 31 dips!  Shocked
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2012, 12:57:30 PM »

Rich is now in the lead with 71 reps, Glen 2nd with 67, Jamie 3rd on 46. Still waiting for Colin's squats...  Wink
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2012, 01:31:44 PM »

ok, might have another go with the dips and if I use the same range of motion as rich should improve my score  Grin
Rich mc

Email
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2012, 02:03:25 PM »

haha dont be like that glenn Smiley you spanked me on the squats Cry
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2012, 02:19:47 PM »

im not being like anything, scroll back through thread and you will see me state to jon i thought my depth on dips was excessive - wasted energy just like doing a ATG squat when only need parallel.

got to work the rules as much as possible, bit like powerlifting when they say a perfect squat is two whites and one red, your not pushing to the limits if you get all three whites  Grin
Col

BDFPA u90kg British Champion 2013

Email
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2012, 04:47:23 PM »

Just for clarification of the rules I take it the squat depth has now changed from parallel to several inches above

Need to know before my effort as I don't want to waste energy going too deep, these little things can make all the difference

I need to have another go at dips too, I hit 23 and filmed it, good depth but wasn't happy with the lockout when I watched it back
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2012, 07:11:19 PM »

Col the problem is, it seems almost everyone has problems hitting depth on squats. Rich's were a bit short and some of Glen's were a bit short also. Jamie's are without doubt the deepest. I could be really mean and say no-lift, but then we haven't exactly been inundated with competitors, so I'm probably erring on the side of being generous. Many people will naturally 'play the game' and do the shortest rep they think they can get away with, whether it be squats, deads, or pull-ups. Awkward camera angles dont help the judging process either. Given the squats passed so far, it would be unfair not to pass a squat that was close to, but not exactly parallel. Having said that, I will listen to feedback, and if enough people think a lift is poor I will - with the agreement of Si - discount it.
Zid

Email
« Reply #175 on: September 25, 2012, 10:38:24 AM »

Did Rich's squats count? Not being harsh but the only rep I could see that was near on deep enough was the final rep Huh

Rich, that is no disrespect to you, as you smashed the dips and chins  Shocked
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #176 on: September 25, 2012, 12:08:38 PM »

I am getting a second opinion on this from Simon. Clearly there is some dispute over depth so in the interests of being fair to everyone the video will be reconsidered.
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2012, 12:50:32 PM »

Well the rules are that we need two 'green lights' for a pass, one from me and one from Si.

Simon has reviewed the squat video and whilst it was a great effort, he thinks the reps are a bit too short of parallel, so no pass. And I must admit, having watched it again, think I was perhaps being a bit generous in allowing it through.

So Rich, I'm sorry but the video has been discounted. I hope this doesn't discourage you from trying again though. If it means losing a few reps to hit the required depth then it's worth it. You can actually afford to lose a few reps and still be in pole position.  Smiley
Rich mc

Email
« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2012, 07:05:16 PM »

Yeah no worrys jon thats fair enough.
Not sure i will give it a go again as its me comp on sunday and doing lee kemps show 2 wks later so will see how it goes. Good luck to all the others Smiley
Jon
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2012, 09:32:33 AM »

Be great to see you have another go Rich, but you've got a lot on by the sounds of things so completely understand if you cant make it in time. Best of luck with the comps!

Just a reminder for everyone else - there's just over 2 weeks left until the deadline which is Sunday 14th October, so time to get filming.

Be good to see some more people throw their hat into the ring. Still looking forward to seeing Col's squats too!

Remember there's 100 worth of supplements for the winner, 50 for second, and 25 for third. All kindly provided by our sponsor www.BulkPowders.co.uk  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements