August 22, 2019, 05:44:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chest & Biceps/Back & Biceps  (Read 3617 times)
DeanG
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 10:54:35 PM »

Funky ... if I were doing a 4 day split I'd work upper body, then lower body, then rest and repeat, with weekends off.

Simple programme and most effective to ensure each muscle is hit twice weekly and 72 hours apart - 96 hours following the weekend.
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 10:03:45 AM »

If you properly train for power clean and press, and snatch, and do the required exercises to support it, that's quads, hams, glutes, lower back, traps, delts and tris covered. Only chest, biceps and lats are left.

And if you don't think - power cleans, front squats, stiff leg deads, overhead squats, snatches, upright rows and military presses - would adequately train your body, then I beg you to try!

Olympic lifts for power and the supporting exercises for strength is one of THE best ways to train. And they're safer than heavy deads and squats in my opinion. Add in pull ups, curls and benching on another day and you've got the basic performance routine of the gods!

Real training for life! Lift heavy weights over your head, lift your bodyweight, do cardio on the road and in the water. Forget about the pec deck and cross trainer!
Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 07:50:45 PM »

Split I use atm

Monday - Back/Biceps beginning with heavy deadlifts
Tuesday - Chest/Calfs beginning with heavy bench press
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - Shoulders/Triceps beginning with heavy overhead press
Friday - Legs/Calves beginning with heavy squats
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements