January 20, 2019, 07:45:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BDFPA east midlands division  (Read 9103 times)
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« on: August 08, 2012, 08:45:22 AM »

I can now officially announce im the area representative for the east midlands division with the BDFPA.

as such i will be the new contact for anyone registered in this area and will be going full bore at trying to do everything possible to get a qualifier for this area sorted by the end of the year Smiley
SimonC

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 10:54:32 PM »

Interested as I,m in Kettering.
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 08:00:02 AM »

looking at late October early November for a qualifier so will keep you posted
thrower

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 12:31:51 PM »

Well done Glen.Good to hear that you have taken on the  EM Divisional Reps job.Best wishes.
                                                                          Paul
                                                                           paulrees@bournemouthbarbell.co.uk 
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 03:17:06 PM »

cheers Paul - seriously wanted a southeast or east midland qualifier so easiest option was to run one myself Wink
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 06:17:43 PM »

Essex is East mids isn't it? Excellent news. Will there be single lifts?
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 06:49:49 PM »

there will be single lifts but Essex is eastern counties not east midlands.
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 08:15:47 PM »

Oh right. It's east mids with gbpf with east Anglia and Lincolnshire etc. Different in BDFPA then.
tony_bonner

Powered by real ale

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 02:26:06 PM »

Glen,

If I miss my divisional qualifier (due to me not getting my a*** in gear on getting a TUE) can I compete in another qualifier (thinking of the E mids as I can stay with my folks).

Cheers

Tony
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 02:43:31 PM »

this is what the rule book states - generally you have to compete in your area unless you ask on grounds of an exemption

All lifters participating in sanctioned events must be current members in good
standing of the Association. The following levels and criteria apply:-
DIVISIONAL and Below - current BDFPA membership. Lifters participating in a divisional
championship must have their permanent address in the division concerned, at the date of
the event in which they compete - unless otherwise exempted under BDFPA rules.
NATIONAL - current BDFPA membership. (For new members - minimum 3 months and
participation in at least one prior BDFPA competition). NB Those whose membership of the
Association has lapsed for a full membership year or more - will also be classed as “new”
members, and be subject to the 3 month minimum. (NC Ballot Nov 2003).
In addition, qualification will be by achieving minimum standards as laid down by the
Association. (The Championships Secretary may, under certain circumstances, exercise
discretion in the application of these qualifying standards).
Lifters wishing to qualify for a British Championships must do so by lifting in a divisional
championship in their own area, unless (1) the lifter is prevented by injury from complying
with the above, in which case the lifter will be permitted to take part in a divisional competition
in another area, subject to proof of injury being made available. (2) Other circumstances
beyond the lifter's control prevent him/her from participating in his/her own divisional
competition, in which case the same applies as for (1), subject to approval by the BDFPA
Championship Secretary. (1999 AGM) (3) other BDFPA rules apply, see the following:

OTHER CONDITIONS FOR NATIONAL QUALIFICATION - (NC Ballot June 2003)
i. Lifters who qualify at their divisionals in the Unequipped section – will automatically also
be eligible for participation in the Equipped section of the Nationals.
ii. Lifters who participate at their divisionals in an attempt to qualify for the British – but who
are unsuccessful – may try again at another sanctioned event(s) elsewhere, without any
restraints on the number of attempts allowed.
iii. If a divisional qualifying event has already taken place – new members (ONLY) joining
as members of that division after that date, may qualify at any other divisional/qualifying
event, subject to all other conditions of eligibility being complied with.
iv. A lifter whose own division is running a divisional championship may not qualify in
another divisional event, unless exemptions covered by the current rules apply.
v. Where the number of members in a division (based on the previous end-of-year figures)
is SEVEN or less, that division has the option to combine its divisional/qualifying
championships with that of a neighbouring division.
vi. Where the number of members in a division (based on the previous end-of-year figures)
is THREE or less, lifters in that division have the option to qualify for the British
Championship at any sanctioned qualifying event. [NB (vi) and (vii) are optional. They
are NOT mandatory. There is nothing to stop a division with very few members from
running their own competition and taking steps to attract new members by so doing].
vii. Lifters who are temporarily based away from their usual division of residence (more than
3 months in each year), may qualify for British Championships at divisionals in the area
where they are temporarily based.
viii. RAF and other services championships to have divisional/qualifying status.
ix. The status of qualifying event may be conferred on competitions other than divisional
championships, at the discretion of the National Council. (NC Ballot Jan 2003).
x. Service personnel may qualify for British Championships at any BDFPA sanctioned
qualifying event (NC Ballot Aug 2004).
xi. Lifters qualifying in their divisionals in the following age groups - ALL TEEN
CATEGORIES and JUNIOR - but who are in the next age group at the time of the
British, should be required to have reached the necessary qualification standard in the
next age category: (NC Ballot Sept 2005).
xii. The totals of Master lifters who qualify at their divisionals in a given age group, but who
will be in the next age group at the date of the British Championships, will be considered
valid in the next age group. This also applies to OPEN lifters taking part in the M1
category.
If a Division is unable to hold its own Divisional Championship, members of that Division may
qualify for British Championships at another Division’s Championships. (2003 AGM).
NB ‘unable’ does not mean ‘unwilling’. It is expected that divisions will make every effort to
run their own qualifying event during the year.
Col

BDFPA u90kg British Champion 2013

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »

Glen,

If I miss my divisional qualifier (due to me not getting my a*** in gear on getting a TUE) can I compete in another qualifier (thinking of the E mids as I can stay with my folks).

Cheers

Tony

Tony, check out the events page on the BDFPA site. I've just noticed another Northern qualifier later in the year, December at Bradford if I'm not mistaken
jamie

http://www.youtube.com/user/jamiesmagictorch

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 06:26:29 AM »

Result if there is a Bradford qualifier although 6th is a thursday
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements