August 17, 2018, 11:56:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who competes with who?  (Read 12002 times)
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 09:47:29 PM »

No you're right! But then I'd rather pay more than show my embarrassing deadlift! I'm a good bencher and I can't be put in a drawer just because I'm a wimpy deadlifter! Lol.

In answer to your facebook question Ildi, my percentages are as follows:

Deadlift - 100% - 202.5kg (can I use 200 for ease of maths?!)
Squat - 90% - 180kg for full depth.
Bench - 80% - 160kg with powerlifting rules ie pause and position.

So all pretty close. My bench is well above British single lift qualification weight and I think my squat and dead are just under. Total 542.5kg, which qualifies providing I'm under 100kg as far as I know.

One day when I push my lifting again I'd love to make 220:200:170 respectively.
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 07:36:35 AM »

not sure Jamie - would need to check but obviously if you lift only raw then the equipped qualifying weight is heavier so difficult to achieve and a equipped lift would stand as a raw qualifying weight so I think you potentially would
ildibear
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 07:41:41 AM »

It's my squatting that is rubbish Mon, I'm yet to have a 3-digit to the floor lift but embarrassement aside I can hit the qualifying total without problems, I think. My bench is good, I just failed on 72.5 after 3x1 on 70 yesterday. I didn't actually realise how good that was until I looked up numbers on the website. Hoping for a 120 DL. My best is 100x8 or 16x 90 so I should get there. Slipping into an M1 63kg that's very good for ticking the box. It's not nearly as competitive in the female classes, I assume there are stronger ladies out there but they just don't bother showing up.

Jamie, you don't have to do both but if you qualify in either you're allowed to do the other, I understand.
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 04:37:35 PM »

So are you planning to compete, Ildi? Would be a good experience I reckon.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements