July 17, 2019, 05:30:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: From fat to flab-less (fabulous - did you see what I did there?)  (Read 71480 times)
tony_bonner

Powered by real ale

Email
« on: December 10, 2012, 11:08:29 AM »

Right,
I 've had enough of mediocrity and being a porker. This is a new journal detailing my progression (I hate using the words 'road' or journey') towards the Mike Williams Classic in October - yes I'm going go get the spangly pants on and compete.

I've had more false starts than Usain Bolt, but I feel that I have got everything in place now.

So starting point is 115 kg (18st 1lb  Shocked ) and the Plan is to lose 2 lb per week which should see me at contest weight (85kg?) by the end of August. Mid term goal is to be under 93 kg by the middle of May (GBPF Lancs and Cheshire). I'll put some pics up later on  - the ones that I used at the start of the transformation comp since I look about the same now - and at 7 week intervals since that will be a milestone event (a stone off).

The Plan is to keep training using compound exercises (squat, bench and deadlift) with a couple of accessory sessions. I only have lunchtimes and a couple of early mornings to train, so should be interesting.

Diet:
56g carbs (training days)
32g carbs (non training days)
304g protein
26g fats
1662 kcals (training days)
1556 kcals (non training days)

Minimal cardio except for the odd barbell complex here and there if things are stalling a bit. Going to try and detail as much as I can - good and bad - much like Tony Barnes did. Hope you good folk find this interesting and hope to see some of you at the MWC.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 11:13:59 AM »

Good luck Tony. Will watch with interest and give encouragement when needed. Long road ahead but plenty of time sir. I will make one initial observation and that is that the calories seem awfully low and I am not sure it is the best approach. I am not one for science but I would think that will not be close enough for a man of your size and if anything will put the body into shut down. Could cause the body to hold on to the fat rather than take it off. Would probably lead to muscle loss

With a target of 2lb per week you only need a slight surplus. If 85kg is your expected stage weight, that suggests you are large framed with a mountain of muscle. I am a sub 70kg competitor and I go that low at the tight end of prep and am currently on 2000 cals. I would think 2,500 of clean sources, consistently, would see you drop on target.

I always think that we should start high and cut when we hit walls. You are starting so low that there is no where else to go if things stall.
tony_bonner

Powered by real ale

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 11:21:39 AM »

I see what you are saying Toby, but much like the other Tony I feel like I need to go that low to get rid of the fat. It's been there for over 40 years now. It's going to take something definitive to shift it. The numbers back me up.

TDEE is just under 2600 kcals (2577) that's using katch-Mcardle to work out BMR. A 2 lb per week loss equates to a net loss of 1030 kcal per day which is 1547 kcal factoring in the small amount of training per day - I think it is about right. We shall wait and see though
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 11:29:30 AM »

I can see what you have done and how you have worked it out. Personally, I would start higher and see what happens, especially as it will fall off easily at first. You will hit 2lb per week with little effort to be honest and then adjust down when you hit a wall

However, I know how annoying it is to have a plan all worked out and some dick pop along and shoot it! lol  Grin so I am just giving an idle food for thought.

Gonna be great to follow though. I hope you pull it off. I will be at the MWC filming NMTV (or competing if still needing to qualify for the finals!!!!) and will whoop and cheer
tony_bonner