March 20, 2019, 10:10:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ultimate List Of Healthy Smoothies  (Read 12030 times)
Mr Hypertrophy

« on: December 11, 2012, 02:40:19 PM »

Ok, I bought a blender a month ago and for teh first two weeks I used it, but then I got a bit crazy and started putting all kinds of stuff in and making horrible smoothies and put myself off.

In an effort to revive my smoothie making, can anyone recommened good healthly smoothie ideas?
daddy1

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 03:41:07 PM »

Try asking scott galton i believe he enjoys cooking and nutrition and may have some ideas.
tony_bonner

Powered by real ale

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »

what is your aim? fat loss? muscle gain. For gains, I always liked a couple of scoops of whey (50g or so), a banana and a couple of tablespoons of natural peanut butter.

Thinking on you can make home made nut butters in a blender too I think. I'd have a crack at that if I wasn't trying to lose fat!
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 05:51:19 PM »

I use frozen veg a lot - you can't taste them (if you add flavoured protein powder or use flavour drops) and it's a great way of adding bulk without carbs/cals (if that's your goal) and of course you get the fibre and vits from the veg. I like frozen spinach, lettuce (nice and creamy), courgette (yep) and kale (OK so you can taste that last one but I love kale).

That's no use at all if you're after calorie-dense smoothies of course...

Consider adding quark, cottage cheese, yoghurt/greek yoghurt in, all nice. Frozen banana (peel and cut into chunks before freezing!) makes it like icecream. Frozen cooked sweet potato also works really well.

A favourite PWO smoothie of mine (not in this weather mind you) is cooked & frozen Bramley, cooked & frozen sweet pot, a bit of dairy of choice, fresh ginger, cinnamon. You can add a bit of whey/other PP if you want but don't really need it with the yoghurt/quark/cottage cheese.
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 09:28:14 PM »

Try asking scott galton i believe he enjoys cooking and nutrition and may have some ideas.

Smoothies arn't really an area I have explored. I generally try to eat all my protein powers, making oats and whey or sludge
daddy1

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 09:43:18 PM »

healthy smoothies i believe mate. read his first post and your see what i mean. i ve seen your recipes before and thought you may be able to help Smiley
mooseman

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 10:40:01 PM »

Try this one as a late night Casein loaded pudding loaded with good fats, low in calories and around 30g of protein and really low in carbs.

300 grams Quark
30 grams frozen rasberries or strawberries
6 Almonds or 3 walnuts
Teaspoon of sunflower seeds.

blitz in the blender or food processor for 20/30 seconds and hey presto you have a delicious pud that tastes like the old Ski yoghurts used too.
Give it a try.
Rigz

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 10:56:55 PM »

I like to have this one for supper:

250g Cottage Cheese
30g Casein protein powder (chocolate)
2 Tbsp of milled linseed, gojiberries, pumpkin seed and sunflower seeds
200ml Milk
25g Oats

Packs a good 50-60g protein and tastes great!
nickdutch

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 04:30:56 PM »

Take one teaspoon of Raw Cacao Nibs, put in blender with HALF the water you would normally use for a smoothie or shake. Put the lid on the blender and blend the living heck out of the nibs until its all ground up real fine in the water. Then stop the blender, add one scoop of pure pea protein isolate and about 1/2 teaspoons of stevia powder (pure dried leaves, powdered), add more water, and blend.

The result is a chocolate shake with none of the rubbish they put in commercial chocolate shakes. And you get the benefit of the raw cacao (chocolate).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements