January 20, 2019, 07:50:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 88
  Print  
Author Topic: Turpins Log  (Read 281546 times)
Turpin

« on: January 05, 2013, 10:05:31 PM »

Well , I think if I intend to `start as I mean to go on`  I should start a log in order to list my training and diet & allow for constructive criticism of my progress.

I am presently 46yrs of age and have trained since leaving school.  My main interest from early in my training was powerlifting and my training was always based around heavy lifting , to-date though ( through injury & age ) I have concentrated more on moderate resistance and a higher rep range & volume ( more conducive to hypertrophy ) than I used in the past , and making attempts at altering what became quite a blocky powerlifting physique.  
    I would like to try a Natural show ( perhaps later this year or next ) if I can get it together & look in anyway in decent muscular condition.

Below is where I am at presently @ around 165-170 lbs , any constructive advice is appreciated ( ie; how much I need to trim , realistic timescale etc );

[attachment deleted by admin]
Turpin

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 10:55:32 PM »

Training presently is x 3 weekly on a 3 way split.

Mon ; Chest/back  Wed; legs  Fri ; Shoulders/arms

My diet is that of high fat/protein & low carb for 5 days ( mon - fri ) , then 2 days ( sat/sun ) of high carb eating.

A typical daily menu for me is;

Breakfast ; 3-4 egg omelette with bacon & cheese.

Lunch; Mackerel salad or 2-3 eggs mashed in butter.

Tea meal; steak or salmon or pork loin served with greens ( & a glass or 3 of red wine )

Snacks; almonds or hard cheese.

The above diet provides me with an abundance of energy ( by way of fats ) & has kept my body composition & appetite within manageable levels something which the high carb approach did not seem to do ( even at low caloric intake ). Interestingly my blood profiles are much improved too , with higher HDL reading and much lowered triglyceride's. LDL is up marginally but my total cholesterol is down ( balanced out by the increase in good HDL cholesterol )

T.   

frogface

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 11:14:47 PM »

looking good ,T

interesting diet

justin
Turpin

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 11:19:50 PM »

looking good ,T

interesting diet

justin

Cheers Justin , yes the diet would probably make some baulk at the thought of ingesting the high fat content , however Ive found it very beneficial to my training & well being.

T. 
T 800
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 12:46:06 AM »

Great to see you've started a journal up-will follow with interest. Think you look great in the pictures mate-legs particularly.

T 800
Turpin

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 09:24:29 AM »

Great to see you've started a journal up-will follow with interest. Think you look great in the pictures mate-legs particularly.

T 800

Cheers mate ,  Likewise I look forward to following your own journey.

T. 
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 09:57:40 AM »

Look like carrying a very good amount of muscle especially as said in the legs. I noticed that on your deadlift video and the jaw dropped open a smidge  Grin
T 800
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 10:23:16 AM »

Yeah, deadlift video was terrifying  Smiley
Turpin

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 10:44:11 AM »

Look like carrying a very good amount of muscle especially as said in the legs. I noticed that on your deadlift video and the jaw dropped open a smidge  Grin

Cheers Toby , The heavy power squats ( & powerlifting in general )  certainly helped build a degree of leg size , but TBH these days I use only light/moderate resistance  @ high rep range ( 15-20 ) & my leg training consists primarily of sissy squat & barbell hack squat.
     If I do go heavy I`ll cycle my resistance on the belt squat ( pic below ) & have used over 500lb in this for 10-15 reps.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 11:44:25 AM »

You look very impressive in your pictures, and also the deadlift video, very solid.
From your pictures, I would say you only need to drop 10-14lbs, and that would probably make you a top limit Light weight, or a masters O40 of corse.
It would be great to see you on stage, as I think you would do well.
You certainly seem to know your stuff, so keep at it! And good luck!
 Cool
Turpin

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 11:53:27 AM »

You look very impressive in your pictures, and also the deadlift video, very solid.
From your pictures, I would say you only need to drop 10-14lbs, and that would probably make you a top limit Light weight, or a masters O40 of corse.
It would be great to see you on stage, as I think you would do well.
You certainly seem to know your stuff, so keep at it! And good luck!
 Cool

Many thanks Matt .  The drop of 10-14 lbs is the kinda advice I am looking for , as I really have no inkling of as to where to take my bodycomposition to , and TBH have worries of not having enough muscle to carry it off.

T.
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »

and TBH have worries of not having enough muscle to carry it off.

That part is already dismissed and not even an issue. Now just hold that muscle and take off the fat (and it is not loads anyway)
Turpin

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 11:57:48 AM »

and TBH have worries of not having enough muscle to carry it off.

That part is already dismissed and not even an issue. Now just hold that muscle and take off the fat (and it is not loads anyway)

Cheers , much appreciated.

T.
Rich mc

Ukdfba under 75kg champion

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 11:58:48 AM »

I agree with all the above mate, def got more then enough muscle and not carrying a lot of fat. Legs look really good. Think you would do well mate in masters and a weight class.
Turpin

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 12:02:46 PM »

I agree with all the above mate, def got more then enough muscle and not carrying a lot of fat. Legs look really good. Think you would do well mate in masters and a weight class.

Thankyou Rich , certainly gives me some incentive to take things forward !

T.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 88
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements