July 17, 2019, 05:24:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 88
  Print  
Author Topic: Turpins Log  (Read 307624 times)
frogface

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 05:22:37 PM »

i do agree with matt,toby and rich, but having only competed once,five years ago, these guys know far more of what they are looking at

justin
felix

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 06:40:19 PM »

Looking very good Turpin loads of muscle all over and your legs look in great condition already.
Turpin

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 07:53:03 PM »

Looking very good Turpin loads of muscle all over and your legs look in great condition already.

Cheers guys , My legs aren't really that big but do tend to stay in a fairly lean state year round.
I do think the pics are a little flattering , but I try to get comparison by way of similar lighting etc, each time.

Thankyou , T.

[attachment deleted by admin]
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 11:11:19 AM »

I'd agree with what everyone else has said: you're in a really good position to do a comp. There are absolutely no concerns about carrying enough muscle - you do.

Your legs are a stand out body-part (rest is all very good) and your condition for 'off-season' puts you in a great place. In terms of improvement, perhaps upper chest area would be an area to focus on?
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 11:13:15 AM »

yep as people have said impressive - few tweaks in posing would make you look instantly better as well
Turpin

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 11:17:56 AM »

Cheers guys ,  constructive advice I will take forward ( & most likely ask for more )

T.
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 11:43:17 AM »

Turpin (I keep writing Turnip) you look ace, just keep it steady and don't do anything crazy and you will come in very well indeed. Exciting!

Agree about posing, it would be a massive shame to let your physique down just through lack of knowledge/practice - can you get along to any of the clubs or meets? Invaluable to get feedback and suggestions on posing.
Turpin

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 12:00:38 PM »

Turpin (I keep writing Turnip) you look ace, just keep it steady and don't do anything crazy and you will come in very well indeed. Exciting!

Agree about posing, it would be a massive shame to let your physique down just through lack of knowledge/practice - can you get along to any of the clubs or meets? Invaluable to get feedback and suggestions on posing.

Thankyou Nic , I will certainly look to getting as much advice ( first hand & hopefully by the forum ) as things move forward. 
   LOL , Altho you say " dont do anything crazy " ,  after reading thru a lot of the posts on nutrition I have already been looking at changing my eating plan around a bit to a more balanced approach.

Until now my diet was as follows;

My diet is that of high fat/protein & low carb for 5 days ( mon - fri ) , then 2 days ( sat/sun ) of high carb eating.

A typical daily menu for me is;

Breakfast ; 3-4 egg omelette with bacon & cheese.

Lunch; Mackerel salad or 2-3 eggs mashed in butter.

Tea meal; steak or salmon or pork loin served with greens ( & a glass or 3 of red wine )

Snacks; almonds or hard cheese.

The above provides me with an abundance of energy ( by way of fats ) & has kept my body composition & appetite within manageable levels , I dont know ( but contemplating ) if changing to a higher carb approach & caloric restricted regime would be better.

T.
Rich mc

Ukdfba under 75kg champion

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 12:07:37 PM »

If it int broke don't fix it. You look good as you are so not so sure that completely changing your diet would be a good move.
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 12:44:32 PM »

Agree with Rich. Only need to reduce fat levels and with a long time to go and not a huge amount of work, it can be done slowly.

If current diet is maintaining how you currently are, look to either add in a little bit of cardio or maybe make a SMALL alteration perhaps with a food choice snipping.
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 01:34:48 PM »

... The above provides me with an abundance of energy ( by way of fats ) & has kept my body composition & appetite within manageable levels ...

So why in the world would you want to change it?  Smiley
Turpin

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 02:48:15 PM »

Cheers guys ,  Ive eaten this way ( high fat / low carb ) for so long that I got thinking `perhaps a change/tinkering would be of benefit`. But then perhaps not ! LOL

Thankyou , T.
Turpin

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 11:32:52 PM »

Today ; Up @ 5 am ( as usual even on a non working day ) , T`suit & ipod on and done my usual 3 miles powerwalking with the dogs.

B`fast; 3 boiled eggs mashed with butter.

Mid -morn handful of almonds

Chest/Back .Workout ( mid-day ) ;

Chin to sternum / Wide reverse grip dips ( feet forward )  3 cycles x 8 reps

Wide Bench press to neck / high pulley rows  4 cycles x 8 reps

Dumbell floor flyes / high bench bi-lateral dumbell row  4 cycles x 8 reps

Post workout ; whey shake

Lunch ; Omelette / bacon

Tea meal ; 2 Salmon fillets & green veggies

Evening snack ; Cheese/Red wine

T.
Col

BDFPA u90kg British Champion 2013

Email
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 03:19:53 AM »

Hi T, thought I'd respond to your post here rather than carry on hi-jacking Glens journal. Those lifts are awesome pal for anyone let alone for a 75kg lifter. Shame about your injury, it sounded very nasty. Glad to see that it hasnt stopped your lifting - clearly from those recrnt pictures. You should definately have a go at natural bodybuilding as you'd do very well indeed Smiley
Turpin

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 08:45:52 AM »

Hi T, thought I'd respond to your post here rather than carry on hi-jacking Glens journal. Those lifts are awesome pal for anyone let alone for a 75kg lifter. Shame about your injury, it sounded very nasty. Glad to see that it hasnt stopped your lifting - clearly from those recrnt pictures. You should definately have a go at natural bodybuilding as you'd do very well indeed Smiley

Cheers Colin ,  I was really gutted & depressed back then , as powerlifting was such a big part of my life since late school years , and finding something you have a natural ability for it brought about an inner confidence that manifested into other facets in life . I still ( always ) contemplate giving it a try again , but ( much like giving bodybuilding a try ) I dont know if I'm kidding myself and simply setting myself up for another confidence shatter-er.
  I often set myself up little goals in other lifts and mimic the type of cycle that I would have used for the powerlifts ( last year it was breaking the 500lb barrier for 10 reps in the belt squat ) , it gives a good feeling of self achievement , but other than that ( being very competitive ) it can at times feel that I train for nought , hence the bodybuilding thing.     

T.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 88
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements