March 22, 2019, 07:03:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88]
  Print  
Author Topic: Turpins Log  (Read 292321 times)
Turpin

« Reply #1305 on: December 11, 2016, 05:17:56 PM »

Training 11/12/16

Trap bar deadlift : 260kg x 4 reps ( 4 sets )

GHR`s : 5 sets x 12 reps

Toes to bar leg raise : 5 sets x 12 reps

Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmT_tm1WpA0&feature=youtu.be

Altho my training has always been basic and heavy I am presently trying to simplify further. Going forward I am looking to keep my simplistic upper / lower split BUT utilising only 3 exercises per workout ( 1 main lift & 2 supplementary exercises ) and just work them hard. I used super abbreviated training previously ( some years back ) but became fixated with ever decreasing volume and frequency which was a mistake I don't intend making again . This time I will keep volume ( sets per exercise )  high and utilise density over intensity .
Diet is unchanged ( high fat , moderate protein , lower carb ) .

2015 - 2016

T.
ben-howard

WNBF Pro

Email
« Reply #1306 on: December 11, 2016, 06:36:45 PM »

Looking awesome mate and liking the simplicity of the workout! I like to do the same and focus on just a handful of major lifts with higher volume, will be interested to see your results from this
Turpin

« Reply #1307 on: December 11, 2016, 06:44:49 PM »

Looking awesome mate and liking the simplicity of the workout! I like to do the same and focus on just a handful of major lifts with higher volume, will be interested to see your results from this

Cheers mate , I`ll give it a 12 week period in order to concentrate my efforts on the main lifts ( kinda an off-season approach without there ever having been an `on -season` or comp LOL  )  then start to reintroduce more targeted training in the spring time.

T.
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #1308 on: December 12, 2016, 05:39:14 PM »

16 reps with 260kg is serious volume, mate. Everything looks to be progressing really well.

Your back is looking dense, too. Smiley
Turpin

« Reply #1309 on: December 12, 2016, 08:36:37 PM »

16 reps with 260kg is serious volume, mate. Everything looks to be progressing really well.

Your back is looking dense, too. Smiley

Thank you Si , I'm feeling it today mate. LOL .. I have a 3 x3 week just before Xmas , then I`ll de-load for a bit before moving forward again.

T.
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #1310 on: December 12, 2016, 08:48:26 PM »

would doubled over bands not work as well as the duck tape - but quicker and less messy?

awesome pulling. tempting me to get a trap bar and some more plates!
Turpin

« Reply #1311 on: December 12, 2016, 11:59:19 PM »

would doubled over bands not work as well as the duck tape - but quicker and less messy?

awesome pulling. tempting me to get a trap bar and some more plates!

Thanks mate , I am ordering a couple more 50kg discs which will solve much of the problem , and a friend has offered to extend the trap bar sleeves ( altho I`d prefer to persevere with more 50kg plates first ).

T.
Turpin

« Reply #1312 on: February 01, 2017, 01:44:38 PM »

Training going very well presently , still pursuing progression in the main lifts ( for me ) and thereafter using an ancillary movement for fatigue of the targeted musculature.

Yesterdays training was :

Front squat : 8 working sets x 4 reps
Gironda Heels raised hack slide : 5 sets x 12 reps
Donkey calf raise : 5 sets x 25 reps

Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wZLKYbJdN8

Felt really focused and today the quads have that desired tenderness. 

Food was :

B`fast : 4 eggs in butter , 1 toast & coffee.

Evening meal : fillet steak , broccoli , asparagus , wine.

Supper : Cheese , cracker.

( not a lot , I know. BUT this is just how I eat and feel satiated )

Bodyweight is currently 74kg .
I have a further few weeks on this training cycle then my intent is to move to more targeted muscle training .

T.
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #1313 on: February 01, 2017, 01:50:30 PM »

Good to see you posting. Nice and consistent and steady as always. I do watch your social media posts and vids which are always inspiring.
Turpin

« Reply #1314 on: February 01, 2017, 01:54:32 PM »

Good to see you posting. Nice and consistent and steady as always. I do watch your social media posts and vids which are always inspiring.

Thank you very much Toby  Wink

T.
Turpin

« Reply #1315 on: February 15, 2017, 07:29:52 AM »

Finished another short 6 week strength cycle culminating in 3 sets x 3 reps and 270kg on the trap bar , and 150kg for similar on the front squat .
This is the 3rd time I have intentionally performed the same 6 week cycle with same weights ( sets , reps & resistance ) on the main lifts and as a result have become more efficient and confident in their performance. I COULD have done more weight , but THAT feeling of being capable of more at the end of a cycle and realising a more efficient performance in what you have done is where true adaptation has been had over that training period. 
Whilst I chose not to increase my main lifts I DID choose to increase the reps on my assistance work moving to 5 sets x 12 reps on most exercises ( have to push something forward whilst maintaining my main lifts ) , this is/was a precursor for my next training cycle where I am toying with a more targeted muscle training approach .

Things are looking up again.

T.

SuperSi

Email
« Reply #1316 on: February 15, 2017, 05:30:33 PM »

Top work as always, T! Like Toby, I always enjoy your social media posts. Smiley
Turpin

« Reply #1317 on: February 15, 2017, 09:08:13 PM »

Top work as always, T! Like Toby, I always enjoy your social media posts. Smiley

Thank you very much Si  Wink

T.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #1318 on: February 16, 2017, 10:56:36 AM »

Ditto  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements