July 23, 2019, 01:06:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What colour bikini for pre judge?
Black velvety material - 9 (37.5%)
Bright pink matt lycra - 8 (33.3%)
Bright blue slightly shiny lycra - 7 (29.2%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 164
  Print  
Author Topic: Nic's journal: onwards to 2017  (Read 401853 times)
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 09:45:40 PM »

I'm feeling the pressure!  Embarrassed  Wink

Um... today I wore grey eyeliner and put a gold hairgrip in my fringe. It has a little diamante sparkly bit on the end. #ladytalk
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 10:09:49 PM »

sounds good Grin
MJP
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 12:24:40 AM »

Good luck with all your plans Nic, this is bound to be the best written journal on the site.  Smiley
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 10:50:22 AM »

Thanks MJP! I sometimes think I use up all my best writing on clients.  Wink
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 10:09:13 PM »

Not much to report today as day off training, so this is how it went down:

Monday 14th Jan

1) whey in water
DOG WALK (40 mins pretty fast)
2) egg whites and egg cooked in coconut oil
3) sardines, sweet potato and green veg
4) chicken and green veg
5) cottage cheese and seeds
DOG WALK (50 mins very fast, was sweating in me thermals LOL!  Kiss )
6) white fish & prawns, green veg
7) egg whites and nut butter

Got tons of work done with having a proper day off, and nice to not feel guilty or like I'm missing out on training etc. If it's in the plan, it's in the plan for a reason and I trust the plan!

It really is amazing how much work I get done on a completely uninterrupted day - no training, no cardio, no meetings.

However I am now really looking forward to tomorrow's training! Shoulders and a bit of back, rargh!

Am also seeing Vicky tomorrow for a PT session but it's going to be more postural stuff and technique.

In girltalk news.... um... not sure I can think of anything. I have a nice new lipbalm! It's blackcurrant "flavour".
Turpin

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 11:11:20 PM »

Not much to report today as day off training, so this is how it went down:

Monday 14th Jan

1) whey in water
2) egg whites and egg cooked in coconut oil
3) sardines, sweet potato and green veg
4) chicken and green veg
DOG WALK (50 mins very fast, was sweating in me thermals LOL!  Kiss )
6) white fish & prawns, green veg

Got tons of work done with having a proper day off, and nice to not feel guilty or like I'm missing out on training etc. If it's in the plan, it's in the plan for a reason and I trust the plan!

It really is amazing how much work I get done on a completely uninterrupted day - no training, no cardio, no meetings.

However I am now really looking forward to tomorrow's training! Shoulders and a bit of back, rargh!

Am also seeing Vicky tomorrow for a PT session but it's going to be more postural stuff and technique.

In girltalk news.... um... not sure I can think of anything. I have a nice new lipbalm! It's blackcurrant "flavour".

The Dog must be lovin this regime !

T.
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 12:09:30 AM »

There's no change to dog walks (we've just made use of thm).  Smiley Dog always gets two pretty long walks a day, he's my responsibility (and I can't get my head around people who have dogs and sometimes don't walk them?!)
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 08:53:37 PM »

Tuesday 15th Jan

Really good day today, first shoulder session of my new training plan and it was a belter, shoulders are killing! Then went over to see Vicky to go through some of the finer points of the diet and training plan, and to do some technique work and postural stuff. I think the postural exercises are going to be as painful as weight training! Rhomboid presses, anyone?  Shocked

Other than that, lots of work, two longish fastish walks (45 mins each) and now I'm looking forward to my final meal and bed. Feeling knackered (next door's baby crying a lot last night, can hear her even if I go and sleep in my spare bedroom!)

1) whey in water
2) steak & nuts
TRAIN
3) whey and pineapple blended up
3) turkey, sweet potato and green veg
4) chicken and green veg
DOG WALK
6) white fish, green veg

In girltalk news, I got a load of hand creams in the post today to test for a feature I'm writing. The orange flower one is my favourite.
Turpin

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 10:37:38 PM »

There's no change to dog walks (we've just made use of thm).  Smiley Dog always gets two pretty long walks a day, he's my responsibility (and I can't get my head around people who have dogs and sometimes don't walk them?!)

Oh I agree , Ive had both working & pet dogs so my day is pretty full.   I hate to see FAT dogs !

T.
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 11:29:24 PM »

My dog is ripped  Wink He has great genetics, you should see his lat spread when he puts his front paws on the windowsill to look for CATS!
Rich mc

Ukdfba under 75kg champion

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 10:37:43 PM »

Haha the hull comment is very true.
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 11:04:07 PM »

Wednesday 16th January

First new leg session today, included a nice big chunk of time on the leg press (the gym's just got a new 45* plate loaded one, love it) and finished off with single leg leg extensions. Owwwww.

I'm sure it's fine to post training info so here goes - today was:

weighted cable obliques (4 sets)
Oly bar squats - I did a couple of warm up sets then
4 sets of 8 reps at 90kgs
Narrow stance leg press, 3 sets 12 reps at 130kgs, 155 kgs, 165 kgs (hadn't used this new machine before)
Lateral lunges with 10kg DBs (aim is to think about connecting with/engaging glutes particularly top of glutes which are a bit sleepy!)
Single leg leg extension 3 sets 10 reps per leg at 60kg, 60kg, 45kg
Calf raises (toe presses?) on the pin loaded "slidey seat" type crappy leg press at 400kgs (maxed out the stack)

Had a "girl" moment when I had to ask a man to remove the plate I'd put on the top of the leg press (as opposed to on the "arms") - I'd kind of hefted it on but couldn't reach enough to get it off. Bit embarrassing.

Wondered if I'd hit a hungry patch today, as I felt quite hungry last night and in bed (not dieting-type hungry, just "ooh, I'm no longer overeating!" type hungry) and then did legs today, but so far nothing which is good. Maybe tomorrow, I often feel ravenous the day after legs.

1) whey in water
2) steak & nuts
TRAIN
3) whey and pineapple blended up
4) salmon, sweet potato and green veg
Walk into town and back (bit of extra output!)
5) chicken and green veg
6) cottage cheese and Linwoods stuff
DOG WALK
7) huge turkey stir fry (added in a lot more veg than usual)
Cool egg whites and nut butter

Went out for a coffee with my sis, she had hot chocolate with cream on top and a gorgeous-looking pulled pork sandwich. I was happy with my black coffee - as long as it's good coffee, I don't see it as missing out Smiley (In fact I know for a fact that hot chocolate would have made my teeth ache! I don't really do sweet, not like my sister does anyway!)

Back to the gym this evening but just to guide and spot my brother in law who's keen on getting in to a gym routine, so I'm keen to encourage him! I wish I knew more about physiology - he just couldn't do lateral raises or rear delt flyes at all, yet can military press and chest press just fine. Oh, also very annoying that he gets the most immense bicep and tricep pump despite being pretty untraining and not packing any particular mass. MEN!   Tongue (<--- love you all really)

In girltalk news, keeping it real tonight folks, sorry if too much info, but got my period today for the first time in... er... a long time. If it comes back again next month I'll get excited, until then I'm afraid I'm a bit like "hm, really? or are you kidding again like last time" (which was a long time ago). I'm not sure if my amenorrhea has anything to do with competing/training/dieting/being lean but I'm sure it must be a major factor. I know that many, many female competitors haven't had a period in ages. But then again I first lost mine years ago when I was training very hard, but not dieting (during my endurance sport years). Who knows. Hormones are weird!

Happily it doesn't seem to have made had any negative effect on strength in the gym, general energy or - most likely - hunger. I know lots of women get really bad cravings, usually for sugars/carbs. None here (can't remember if I used to, it's been that long!)

It did however have a profound effect on my tolerance level for absolute twattish idiots  Roll Eyes Or maybe that's just my character, not my hormones  Wink Angry Cheesy
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 12:31:18 PM »

In girltalk news, keeping it real tonight folks, sorry if too much info, but got my period today for the first time in... er... a long time. If it comes back again next month I'll get excited, until then I'm afraid I'm a bit like "hm, really? or are you kidding again like last time" (which was a long time ago). I'm not sure if my amenorrhea has anything to do with competing/training/dieting/being lean but I'm sure it must be a major factor. I know that many, many female competitors haven't had a period in ages. But then again I first lost mine years ago when I was training very hard, but not dieting (during my endurance sport years). Who knows. Hormones are weird!

Are you familiar with the Female Athlete Triad, Nic? Amenorrhea is one of the three parts (the other two are Osteoporosis and Eating Disorders). The Female Athlete Triad tends to be seen in gymnasts and long distance runners - sports where being lean is a given. I think you're right that dieting and being lean is a major factor.
vodkafan

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2013, 12:41:01 PM »

Are you familiar with the Female Athlete Triad, Nic? Amenorrhea is one of the three parts (the other two are Osteoporosis and Eating Disorders). The Female Athlete Triad tends to be seen in gymnasts and long distance runners - sports where being lean is a given. I think you're right that dieting and being lean is a major factor.

No chance of a physique competitor getting weak bones or not wanting to eat....although Nic  does like brussel sprouts- does that count as an eating disorder?  Grin
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2013, 12:50:50 PM »

No chance of a physique competitor getting weak bones or not wanting to eat....although Nic  does like brussel sprouts- does that count as an eating disorder?  Grin

Ha ha! I wasn't suggesting Nic had either of the other two - merely that the Female Athlete Triad is well known in certain types of female athletes and one of the aspects Nic mentioned fits into part of that triad.

On the weak bones part, you wouldn't expect a gymnast to have low bone mineral density - it's more to do with malabsorption of nutrients & diets deficient in Calcium.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 164
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements