August 20, 2019, 10:31:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Progress  (Read 6883 times)
capers23

capers.23@hotmail.com
Email
« on: January 05, 2010, 01:01:02 PM »

Hey, names Dan, just joined the forum and new to bodybuilding. I started training about august 2009 and have seen some good results so far, gotta say its hard work but well worth it and I have felt great since starting.
Heres me when i started...

Heres me at about the 3 month period, i was going for weight loss before muscle gain...

And finally me before xmas...

New year is here and wanna put 100% into it, just coming up with a good diet and routine to work with, will put more pics up in about 4 weeks, hopefully there will be more visible progress.
Will post my diet and training plan up soon and await your critizism lol, still new to all this so I may be doing it all wrong but hope not.
Any tips or anything helpful, please say, Thanks.
nathan
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 05:05:48 PM »

good luck, stick with compounds, size and strength. pack muscle on, then chisel away and reveal a good physique.
capers23

capers.23@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 06:40:43 PM »

Cheers Mate.
Right here is basically what I have been doing so far...
Diet...Breakfast I usually have bowl of oats and a bannana, snack egg whites, Lunch a tuna sandwich or jacket potato and beans, Dinner- chicken/turkey/fish with veg, snack -fruit or Ham,cheese and pinapple on toast.
I usually have one cheat day a week where i'll have some chips, or whatever the wife cooks.

As for training I usually work 3-4 days a week as follows...

Mon - chest/back
Tues - shoulders and arms
wed - Rest
Thurs - Legs and abs

Then back to chest and back and so on, i alternate the rest day each week.
So thats basically it at the mo, if im doing anything wrong please let me know cheers.
In the gym tomoz doing chest and back so will put what reps and sets I do tomoz evening.
nathan
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 10:53:35 AM »

your not eating enough food. by the looks of things anyway. whats your weight? and what is your goal? if i were you id get some protein in for breakfast or with your breakfast, as for the sandwhich? try a chicken salad?
i suggest eating more lean meats and cut back on the starches, if you want to diet anyway?
up your fats i.e peanut oil for cooking, olive oil as a salad dressing, flax seed's, whole eggs.
things like this will help. lower bloaty carbohydrates like breads and things.
capers23

capers.23@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 01:45:14 PM »

I am currently at 95 kilo's and want to get down to about 85, Ive still got quite abit of fat to loose but want to do it without loosing the muscle, I need to gain alot more muscle. Will put more protein into the diet cheers.
capers23

capers.23@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 05:53:20 PM »

Just got back from my session at the gym, struggling abit more than usual, but i'm sure thats as I havent done much over the xmas period.
So today I done...

Flat bench press.........10/10 with 70 kg then 8 with 60 kg.
Incline dunbell press....10/10/8 with 22.5 kg each arm.
Military press ups........12/12/12.
Upright row................10/10/8 with 40 kg.
Arnold press...............8/8/6 with 14kg.
front raises................8/8/6 with 7.5kg.

Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 06:01:40 PM »

Looks good mate. Good beginners/intermediate volume if you are going to failure and not beyond. Look forward to seeing your strength rocket up!
capers23

capers.23@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 08:18:55 PM »

Today I covered arms and lats and abs.

Hammer grip chin ups  2 sets of 6(useless at the mo at chin ups)
weighted sit ups 3 sets of 20.
Plank for 1 min.
E-Z bar curls 3 sets of 8 (30KG)
standing bicep curls 3 sets of 10 at 14Kg per arm.
lat pull down 3 sets of 8 at 42Kg.

AS for diet I had promax diet shake for breakfast, bannana as a snack, for luch i had tuna and jacket potato, for snack i had promax diet shake, and for dinner i have had turkey and mushroom stir fry with a chinise soya sauce, And just had a small bowl of grapes just a min ago.
thebull

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 11:13:23 AM »

Nathans right about the morning serving of protein, chuck a shake in there maybe. otherwise though if what you are doing is losing weight then keep it up, youve made terrific progress!
capers23

capers.23@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 07:40:51 PM »

Right been awhile since I posete din my journal so thought i'd give it a little update, Had a gastro bug week before last so that put me right down, but started up again last week and been training 4-5 days a week.
For example
Day 1.....chest,shoulders and Bi's, plus 30 mins cardio
Day 2.....Back, tri's and abs, plus 30 mins cardio
Day 3....Rest,
Day 4....Full body workout incl legs.
Day 5....Rest
Day 6....Cardio
Day 7....Rest or a little cardio.

For me this seems to be working quite well, really feeling it after yesterdays full body sesh,will post workout shortly Smiley
capers23

capers.23@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 07:57:14 PM »

Full body workout yesterday consisted of the following...
flat bench 3 sets at 70KG 10/10/8
flies 3 sets at 15KG 10/10/10
dumbbell pull overs 3 sets at 17.5KG 10/10/8
rotating squat press at 15KG 3 sets- 12/12/12
tricep dips 2 sets of 10 reps.
shoulder press 3 sets of 7 at 30KG
dumbell curls at 15kg 3 sets 10/10/8
chin ups 2 sets of 8 reps
high cable reverse flys 2 sets of 10 reps
EZ bar curls 3 sets at 30KG 10/10/8

I dont know if im missing something, sure there was something else but that is roughly the sesh I had last night, will have to come up with a proper training programme to stick to and change it round once a month.

As for supplements at the mo im taking progain(got a free tub from a mate) Nitrix and cellmass.
Only been on them for a few days so give it awhile and see how it goes.
capers23

capers.23@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 07:11:37 PM »

Been awhile since I updated this journal so here goes..
I found that my previous programme had gains but not what I wanted so have changed it around abit, concentrating on one muscle group per day giving them more rest as i was training each muscle twice aweek sometimes even 3 and i been told this is too much.
My Flat bench as gone up from 70Kg to 80Kg and best max bench at 100Kg. As for free weights im doing 20KG for the flies and 35Kg for the dumbell bench press so definately making pogress.
Im currently weighing in at 94Kg but wanna get down to about 90Kg as a first target qand see how i get on from there.
I also do cardio 4 times a week as im in thre military so cant really get out of it lol, It is very hard to keep the diet and training in this job so am gonna get out so i can put 100% into it all.
As for diet...

0630.....Nitrix
0700.....Oats and bannana
0800.....Cardio
1030.....Proein Shake and some Nuts
1200.....Nitrix
1230.....Jacket Potato and Tuna or Chicken and Pasta
1500.....Protein Shake
1600.....NO Xplode
1630.....Weights Session
1800.....Fish or Turkey and broccolli
2000.....Nitrix

Thats about it for my daily diet routine.

capers23

capers.23@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 07:13:45 PM »

Training Routine...

Monday..........Chest
Tuesday.........Soulders
Wednesday.....Arms
Thursday........Back
Fri.................Legs and abs
Sat and sun....Rest

Is this look ok, and reccomendations im all ears, cheers!
Gary D

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 07:42:43 PM »

Looks like a decent basic split (a routine would detail exercises etc).

Recommendation  :  Im on an abbreviated version of Gavin Lairds UHT  at the moment, that is Push, Pull, Legs, Rest, Push, Pull...and so on.  It deals with fitness/prep, volume, load, overload etc in different phases, quite different from anything else Ive tried before. Its bloody hard work and can be a little complex to sort out a routine in the beginning but im enjoying it and im gaining muscle very rapidly.

http://www.ultimate-hypertrophy.com/UHT/welcome.html

capers23

capers.23@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 07:45:41 AM »

Yeah Ive had a good look at the UHT and gonna give it a go in couple of weeks and see how the progress goes cheers,
Just got a shoulder injury at the mo, not sure how, no matter how much rest i give it, warm it up, lift lighter it always pulls, dunno wheatehr its a perminant weakness or a techinique problem.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements