May 25, 2019, 02:09:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29
  Print  
Author Topic: Tales of a DWNPANFAC Pro-Am NM legend powered by CNUT nutrition  (Read 115250 times)
Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 05:51:32 PM »

Very good journal!

I like the accuracy and training layout. Very thought out and planned!

How did you find the experience of doing your degree ? whats next?

Thanks Badger (Davey)

Glad you like it I'll keep it going and share progress it's good to get involved on here, been a user of the forum for a while and thought it was about time I became more involved.

Doing my degree has been a great experience a long journey (bit like the title of the journal) but it's opened my eyes so much both in our world or training and nutrition but also to the world in general I'm from a working class/council estate background and this experience is something I'll never forget or regret.

What's next is a good question. My career aspirations are in the strength and conditioning/performance training area. I've done intern/voluntary work with my uni's rugby league team and now I'm doing some work for Leicester Tigers (rugby union) academy as a support Strength and Conditioning coach. The next step for me is to do my Masters degree in Strength and Conditioning part time whilst keeping my foot in the door at Leicester Tigers building my experience and awaiting a bigger role/opportunity while working as a Personal Trainer possibly in a commercial gym not sure yet. Friends is a former pro boxer and we've talked about opening a gym in our town that is a boxing gym but with strength and conditioning equipment and come from the sports performance angle. It's a great idea and would be a dream for me to do but neither one of us has the cash we need for that venture just yet but plenty of goals to aim for and a bright future hopefully!
felix

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 09:16:54 PM »

Damon great to see you starting a journal I look forward to following your progress.
Turpin

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 09:33:44 PM »

Very good journal!

Thanks Badger (Davey)

Glad you like it I'll keep it going and share progress it's good to get involved on here, been a user of the forum for a while and thought it was about time I became more involved.

Doing my degree has been a great experience a long journey (bit like the title of the journal) but it's opened my eyes so much both in our world or training and nutrition but also to the world in general I'm from a working class/council estate background and this experience is something I'll never forget or regret.

What's next is a good question. My career aspirations are in the strength and conditioning/performance training area. I've done intern/voluntary work with my uni's rugby league team and now I'm doing some work for Leicester Tigers (rugby union) academy as a support Strength and Conditioning coach. The next step for me is to do my Masters degree in Strength and Conditioning part time whilst keeping my foot in the door at Leicester Tigers building my experience and awaiting a bigger role/opportunity while working as a Personal Trainer possibly in a commercial gym not sure yet. Friends is a former pro boxer and we've talked about opening a gym in our town that is a boxing gym but with strength and conditioning equipment and come from the sports performance angle. It's a great idea and would be a dream for me to do but neither one of us has the cash we need for that venture just yet but plenty of goals to aim for and a bright future hopefully!

Are you presently at L`boro Damon ?

T.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 09:56:32 PM »

Damon great to see you starting a journal I look forward to following your progress.
Thanks Felix, glad your following. I'll be following yours too and hope you have a good season.
Very good journal!

Thanks Badger (Davey)

Are you presently at L`boro Damon ?

T.
Not that fortunate Im afraid Turpin. Im at Derby Uni and will be studying my Masters at Coventry.
Turpin

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 10:01:01 PM »

I see , but you reside & train in the E.Mids ?

I visited L`boro on a few occasions ... fantastic facility , ( as is most Uni `s )

T.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 10:19:45 PM »

Yes mate. I live and train in Burton on Trent which is 12 miles from Derby.
L'boros facilities are second to none they are awesome they regularly have elite athletes train and take part in studies.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 11:20:18 PM »

Leg Day

I have not included my weight/intensity because frankly it's nothing to brag about I'm not that strong. I can say however I'm pleased with todays session everything was progressed either heavier or more repetitions so I'm pleased with how things are moving along.

Back Squat strength
2 sets of 2
1 set of 3

Leg Press
1 set of 12
increased the weight
2 sets of 8

Front Squat
1 set of 10
2 sets of 8

TRX Pistol Squat
3 x 12

Lying Leg Curl
1 x 10
1 x 11
1 x 8

RDL
3 x 8

Calf Raise Machine
1 x 20
1 x 15
1 x 12
1 x 11
1 x 9 + dropset 6 more reps

Today I'm in a 453 calories deficit
Carbs: 25%
Protein: 30%
Fat: 45%

This is my final training day of the week and tomorrow I'm on the alcohol for the 2nd week running I will do my best to ease off the sugary drinks and keep the calories to a minimum and I won't be drinking after this weekend until May so here goes.

The plan for next week is a deload purely because I need to work on my dissertation for Uni. I'll be doing 2 or 3 full body sessions rather than body part splits. I may share next weeks log on her or may not so we'll see how it goes have a great Easter!

D
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 11:25:26 PM »

Oh and I had half an easter egg pre workout nicely fitted into my macros  Grin
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 11:32:05 PM »

One last thing before I leave you all for the weekend its a progress pic of my current condition will put another one up next month.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2013, 01:35:01 PM »

So then as it turns out I'm not very good at this journal lark since I haven't posted for the best part of two months. I figured I owed an explanation to those who had already commented and followed.

So basically I had to finish my dissertation for uni so I just couldn't justify adding words to this journal when I had so many I had to write for study purposes. Then I had my exam period and various other bits and bobs in the way of coursework and then having to do my father duties as well as train and diet time has been pushed.

So what progress have I made well I'll put in my latest progress pics which are also on FB for all to see. I have dropped my body weight from 81kg to 74.5kg so I'm almost a lightweight again. So as far as my feelings on my current physique and condition I know I have plenty more fat to shed I'm nowhere near satisfied yet. One thing I am pleased with is how much muscle and strength I've maintained so far really happy with that side of things there have been very slight drops in strength but in most cases its just been stalled progress as I was steadily developing strength all the time that progressed has slowed but decrements don't seem to have occurred yet so I'm pleased with that since my two previous contest preps seemed to take my muscle, strength and body fat but this far I've only lost the body fat so thats great.

Yes I said contest prep, up until recently it wasn't decided whether I'd compete this year or not, graduation year and being a father etc seemed like a lot of commitment without adding a contest diet. As it happens I have got on top of other aspects of life and managed to diet so the plan is get back on stage for the first time since 2011.

My competition of choice is the BNBF Midlands in Derby on August the 4th. This is the closest natural comp to my home so it's a natural choice to compete there and many of my friends and family can support me. Since I've never competed closer that an hour and 45 minutes away from home this will be a nice change for those coming to support me and I always had a far few travel before so it will be nice that they won't have to travel as far and I'll probably have a few more in the audience cheering for me which will be a buzz.  I also have a holiday on the 9th of August right after the comp so it will be nice to be near contest shape on the beach (poser I know).

So then as far as my progress goes I am currently 11 weeks out and I don't feel as conditioned as I'd like to be right now. Being a lightweight I know I can't be the biggest guy there but I would like to be one of the most shredded and I feel a country mile away from this right now. I'm concerned that at some point over the next 11 weeks I'm going to have to make a decision to really bang my foot on the gas to get body fat off and risk shedding muscle or decide to keep it steady and not reach the condition I desire. I can hope that it doesn't come to this but I can see it coming to that as my current diet is slowly taking weight off but I feel like I'm still a long way out. Time will tell but here is the condition for now these pics are from last week at 12 weeks out.

[attachment deleted by admin]
felix

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 12:36:34 AM »

11 weeks should give you plenty of time Damon as you are looking very good in these photos already.
tony_b

Email
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 09:35:40 AM »

Following on from your post in the other thread, you should be able to tighten up from there with minimal muscle loss, pretty lean already  Smiley
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 01:51:03 PM »

Thanks for that guys, restored a little bit of optimism. You know how it is just getting pre contest nerves I guess worrying that I don't have enough time etc. I'll put some more progress picks up in 3 or 4 weeks and we can see how things are moving. Tbf I've been carbing up twice a week and I haven't added much cardio at all yet so I still have a few tools to implement as and when. Going to add a couple of am cardio sessions in for the next few weeks and see how things move along.
Nagels
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 02:54:57 PM »

Agree with felix and tony Damon.
You look to be in single digit bf atm from those pics , well lean enough with the time that's left to not have to worry about losing lbm either.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 02:44:02 PM »

Thanks Nagels appreciate that mate. I'm not sure if I'm in single digits yet but glad you guys think I'm on track. The tactic for me now is to just keep doing what I'm doing and come in as ripped as possibly without doing anything too drastic that I shed muscle I'm just going to combine the both as best as I can. Two things I've learnt from this diet that I already knew but this has enforced it big time. That is don't add too much fat in the off season as it's just not worth it (some people disagree but for me the cons outweigh the pros) and leave plenty of time to diet which gives you the opportunity to keep calories as high as poss and make minor adjustments rather than drastic ones.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements