March 22, 2019, 07:54:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29
  Print  
Author Topic: Tales of a DWNPANFAC Pro-Am NM legend powered by CNUT nutrition  (Read 111983 times)
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #405 on: August 30, 2016, 01:19:13 PM »

Sorry to dredge it all back up but was looking at a few of the lightweight comparison shots - never good to go off a few limited pics but would have had you third.  Doesn't change anything but would thought you would like further feedback - definitely  best I've ever seen you.  Two more years with some burning motivation to prove your point

I agree with this totally. I thought the winner was well worth it, Dave was worth second and you third. Without meaning disrespect and I am also not one to ordinarily or at least often judge from a few shots, but looking at Daves facebook album with all the comparisons, the chap in third seemed to be noticeably soft (abs and thigh shot really showing this), and to be honest not heavily muscled with not a lot of clear separations. His frame had width but that was about it. And as Glen said, your improvements are very noticeable. Kudos.
Damon Eaton

Damon "The Truth" Eaton. Free Agent.

Email
« Reply #406 on: August 30, 2016, 05:29:30 PM »

Thanks a lot for the kind feedback guys. You arent the only ones to say that.

Im past it now its done and the only thing we can change is the future.

All I can say is three years ago a forum arguement sparked some serious motivation in me to work my arse off and prove certain people wrong a bring something competitive.

I believe I have done that and made more progress in two years than the 4 years prior.

Me bringing my best package and seeing some shots and the improvements made has made me really happy.

The placing which if Im honest I wasnt thrilled with Im not going to whinge I have made that mistake before and frankly its not a winners attitude.

All I can say is just like the incident three years ago this has sparked another level of motivation to bring something even better in 2018.

It was your advice 3 years ago Glen that made me hit my sessions a touch harder you told me to use it as fuel and I did. Now I have even more fuel couple with some good knowledge and experience.

Unless somebody cuts my arms and legs off Im going to keep improving until I cant be ignored and it will make the story and the feeling of success when it finally comes feel even better.
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #407 on: August 30, 2016, 05:33:30 PM »

All I can say is three years ago a forum arguement sparked some serious motivation in me to work my arse off and prove certain people wrong a bring something competitive.

Refresh my memory, I am not sure I recall what you are talking about.......... Wink
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #408 on: August 31, 2016, 09:06:35 PM »

Haha maybe if everybody had a memory so short I might be booking a hotel in Scotland.

felix

« Reply #409 on: September 05, 2016, 11:44:09 PM »

I have seen your photos on facebook Damon you looked really well in excellent condition and big improvements all round well done.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #410 on: September 06, 2016, 02:17:42 PM »

I have seen your photos on facebook Damon you looked really well in excellent condition and big improvements all round well done.

Thanks mate, I will keep grinding away and hopefully keep bringing in those improvements. I am happy with my progress though and am motivated to keep it going.
SuperplexSteve

« Reply #411 on: September 10, 2016, 03:52:02 PM »

Given the title change, does that mean you're going to have a crack at the Bodypower show Damon?
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #412 on: September 10, 2016, 04:41:06 PM »

Given the title change, does that mean you're going to have a crack at the Bodypower show Damon?

The lure is very strong indeed mate.

I was adament I was having a year off. However the first natural bodybuilding show at body power is something that would be nice to be a part of.

Not only that I was born in Birmingham and now live down the road in Burton on Trent. For this show to be so close to home and the finals being there for the first time its very appealing. Its like a home qualifier and a home finals.

My off season has already started unlike those at the finals which is a bonus but many guys who have had time away will be returning realistically I will only be in off season for 4 months how much improvment can I make in that time.

I know from a personal point of view I need time away to develop. I will make a final decision by December.

Im very indecisive about this stuff lol (decisions decisions)
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #413 on: September 12, 2016, 12:44:27 PM »

Haha - that didn't last long!  Fair point about those bonus few months from not doing the finals.  I definitely want to attend a BNBF final now it's in Brum.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #414 on: September 12, 2016, 01:44:05 PM »

Haha - that didn't last long!  Fair point about those bonus few months from not doing the finals.  I definitely want to attend a BNBF final now it's in Brum.

Its funny I was having a conversation with Louis in the gym the other day about time away from the stage etc. He was talking about how he has enjoyed his year off and wants to follow a one year on one off protocol from now on.

I agreed and said after two years on there is no way I would compete next year I even said not even if you pay me.

Then this happens and there is almost nothing else on earth that could have lured me in but this. Im taking it as a sign from the gods. One more time they said. Wink
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #415 on: September 15, 2016, 03:14:44 PM »

Trained dem dere boulders today.

Seated DB press

Smith Machine Seated Press

Hammer Plate Load press

Lateral Raises
10 drop set 10

Db Shrugs
No reps counted but went to failure dropping through 40kg, 36kg, 32kg and 28kg reps were between 10-20.

Cable Rear Delt Flyes

Machine Chest Flyes
Loads of sets and reps in 10 mins didnt count

10 minutes blasting abs with rope crunches, machine crunches and hanging leg raises.

The sets and reps were mostly estimates because once I get going in pump mode I stop counting and just beat the shit out of the muscle. This was deload week I have standing BB press in there in the strength rep ranges on other weeks.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #416 on: September 16, 2016, 06:51:49 PM »

Did back, biceps and calfs today.

Didnt count many sets or reps just let my demonic side take over low rest and loads of volume.

Pull ups

Wide grip pronated plate loaded row

Neutral grip plate loaded row

Cable row neutral grip

Wide grip lat pull downs

Wide grip straight arm pulldowns

Toe press super set with three variations of curls none stop roughly 10 sets each to failure.
Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #417 on: September 21, 2016, 12:06:13 PM »

Here is a graph of my weight change pre and post show.

Now at 78.8kg and my body is very happy and comfortable at this weight. Im eating high carb moderate fat and moderate protein lots of calories plenty and eating inuitively but sensible plenty of cheat foods/meals as and when. Strength is moving up body fat is at a happy place.

I will let my weight increase until I feel Im at a level of bodyfat that is detrimental to my goals and at that point I will have a short mini cut to restore my body's sensitivity to nutrients and to bring the body fat back to what I consider an optimal range.

[attachment expired]
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #418 on: September 21, 2016, 12:57:29 PM »

Show weight around 66 and peak weak about 86? Mad gainz bro!  Wink

Where do you feel is the optimal position for gaining tissue ? (where is the line where the gain is just fat with no benefit at all?)

Damon Eaton

Email
« Reply #419 on: September 21, 2016, 04:41:15 PM »

Show weight around 66 and peak weak about 86? Mad gainz bro!  Wink

Where do you feel is the optimal position for gaining tissue ? (where is the line where the gain is just fat with no benefit at all?)

Perhaps that graph is a bit unclear 86 was before the diet (Jan) that gradual decrease is over 6 months. 66kg on stage and 78 now 4 weeks later so that is mad gainz brah.

I noticed a plateau in my strength gains when I get too fat also nutrients cant move aswell and less carbs can make their way into the the muscle cells you become insulin resistant when you get too fat.

Where exactly this is who can say it takes guess work and listening to your body and monitoring training I guess. I think I might have been borderline too fat last off season and had I have had a year off I think a short mini cut would have helped nothing drastic perhaps not going below 12% bf.

If I had to guess an optimal range I think between 12-20% is optimal start going to high you arent going to build as much muscle as you are at 15% bf imo.

By the same token when you cut you can probably make gains until you get below 10-12% bf. So if you stay in that window gains are optimal.
I would just rather aim on the high side and make sure maximal gains occur I suppose rather than hover or maintain weight and maybe not gain as much muscle as you could otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements