February 20, 2019, 04:47:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CLASSIC CLASS AT THE UKBFF FINALS  (Read 8862 times)
freaky

« on: October 19, 2009, 10:51:52 PM »

Having watched the judging of the classic class at the ukbff finals i would say its had its day for the natural bodybuilder. out of the 21 on stage probably 4 or 5 were natural with many others showing signs of "gear use". if this is where its going then surely its a waste of time.(not sure if anyone natural made the top 10 finals day)

james
Jon Bibb

2011 Mike Williams Classic Masters Champion

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 10:10:25 AM »

There's no requirement to be natural in the classic class,James.It brings the UK in line with the rest of the IFBB member countries and gives a platform for people to display a more athletic and less heavily muscled type of physique.Also wasn't Sean Ferguson in the top 6?
lee

Director of Body Synergy

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 10:54:50 AM »

there were several naturals in it, all from seans gym i believe and so hope is not over for anyone. The quality of natural physiques has dramatically and continues to rise, no offence but i took the open lightweight title and so the classic class is not beyond many natural competitors currently competing
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 11:04:32 AM »

to be honest with you there would probably be a few naturals who are to big and muscular for the class - I am far from a mass monster and going by the height weight requirements I would struggle to make the classic class - i would need to be 71kg at 169 cm tall and my last outing i weas a kilo over that totally carb depleted, I dont think Lee would stand a chance of making the class or people like rob hope who comeptes at 74kg at 5'5'' would be way too big for it.

I see on some of the other forums sean was his usual self  Grin
lee

Director of Body Synergy

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 11:27:39 AM »

true we would struggle Glen but someone like Helder or Richard Gratton is perfect for this class
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 11:49:11 AM »

yeah lee - that was my point, whilst not totally a natural class (was never intended to be I don't think) there is plenty of oppurtunity for naturals to do well in it and probably better than they would in an open class
Belly
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 07:50:33 PM »

There's no requirement to be natural in the classic class,James.It brings the UK in line with the rest of the IFBB member countries and gives a platform for people to display a more athletic and less heavily muscled type of physique.Also wasn't Sean Ferguson in the top 6?

He certainly was Jon, and definitely seems to have made his presence known, if you read the following thread... Grin Shocked

http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/shows-pros-inspiration/77259-classic-class-finals.html
ironheadcase

New Image Supplements

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 08:06:07 PM »

Took a beat of a beating on uk-m Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
He placed 5th i believe, also Sean is natural i believe, although the classic class has never been promoted as natural or tested.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements