July 19, 2019, 06:58:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lex Training and Diet Journal  (Read 2283 times)
Lex

« on: July 30, 2013, 03:52:54 AM »

So basically just signed up for this forum, mainly to post this journal. I am training very frequently now and need to keep track of exactly what I am doing to plan accordingly.
-Coming back from training after a hiatus of maybe a year or so where I lost motivation. Now training as hard as ever, yes to have a cool physique, but mainly just cause I enjoy it and the release, screw what everyone else thinks. Living in Williamsburg Brooklyn where it is very uncool to be muscular, but not going to be skinny and weak just to fit with the trend.
Noticed when I started back up again a lot of my strength had disappeared, for example, was up to 315 in the deadlift before, now having a ton of trouble with 225. So I am just going to start too light and slowly work up. Same exact thing with squat. I never really squatted with good technique in control, so now starting too light, and working up slowly with good form. Recovery is feeling really good right now, and my muscles feel ready to go again a few days later, so for the most part I am training each thing twice per week.
Lex

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 04:02:04 AM »

Yesterday, Shoulders and Triceps.
Dumbell overhead press, think some seated and some standing, went up to the 50s for like 6.
Few sets of bent over laterals with 25s.
Triceps 80 total reps with cable press down extension, and overhead cable extension.
-Treadmill- 30 min.

Today- Back and Biceps
Underhand pulldowns leaning back slightly 4x25 working sets.
2x 10 pull down wide grip overhand.
- bicep curls think like 5 sets about 60 total reps. combination of barbell and dumbell.
Deadlift 5x5x 135lb. Starting too light, will slowly go heavier.
Bent over row. Started light, felt this 100% in my lower back, but in a good way. Combination of this, good mornings and deadlifts should really bring up lower back strength in next few months. Didn't really feel it in upper back so ended up with
Chest supported row- 3x10.
Treadmill-30min.
Tomorrow planning on doing either chest or legs depending on which feels more ready.
Lex

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 10:17:40 AM »

Tues ended up taking a day off. Both upper and lower body were beat up, and hardly got any sleep. Still did a ton of walking during the day, ate well.
Wed.
-Legs
Leg Curls-4x14
Lunges4-10
Squats-6x5 light weight went up for a heavier double.
Goodmornings-5x8
-later went to the park did about 8-10 sprints, and 2 sets up situps.
Lex

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 04:24:53 AM »

Today chest and tris
Flatbench with barbell- 5x5
Press machine-like 5 sets or so of 12-14
Cable tri extensions, 100 total reps
tried out the dip machine. Used machines today because I was feeling beat up.
Note: By far the most popular area of the gym is right in front of the dumbells. So fucking annoying, I feel like people just camp out there and prevent anyone else from using the equipment.
Lex

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 01:06:46 AM »

Know that I missed a few days.
-Mon- Chest and tris
Incline Bench, 3x10-12, then a heavier set of 5.
-messed around with a couple machines I think, tried a decline machine, didn't feel it much.
-cable tri extensions- 100 reps. This 100 rep program for small exercises is best thing I've done for size.
-Think the day before this I did lower back, 5x5 deadlifts followed by 4x8 good mornings, and 4 sets of leg curls.

Tues- Legs
Squat 5x5 plus a bit more upped the weight a bit today. Leg curls 4x12. plus 1 set of 20 at the lying down one. Some bodyweight lunges as well. Then did 3x20 dumbell flat bench with light weight, didn't feel I got a really good chest workout in yesterday. Also a couple sets of pec dec machine.
Also got takeout goulash, tried it today, turns out to be a great bodybuilding dinner.

Today, was going in for hard back, but feel like I need a day off. My back is still very sore and tired. The last workout I did 100 something reps of lat pulldowns, back still feels fried. Think that was on sat.

- Just realized why my back is so sore today. On mon went a little crazy with rear delt raises, it must have hit upper back pretty well.
felix

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 03:49:20 PM »

Lex I look forward to following your journal I am sure before long your deadlift will be back up to were it was before and then you will be lifting even more.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements