February 20, 2019, 05:04:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ronnie Product (GABBA)  (Read 9502 times)
NattyGainzzz

« on: July 30, 2013, 03:37:28 PM »

Is this okay to use? GABBA is okay on Globaldro apparently (Gamma-aminobutyric acid) and (Gamma Hydroxybutyrate (GHB) are fine

Serving Size   1 Scoop    
   Servings Per Container  25    
   Amount Per Serving         % DV    
   L-Glutamine       1250.00 mg      **     
   Creatine Monohydrate       1250.00 mg      **     
   GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid)       1000.00 mg      **     
   L-Arginine       1000.00 mg      **     
   L-Ornithine       500.00 mg      **     
   L-Theanine       250.00 mg      **     
   L-Tryptophan       220.00 mg      **     
   ZMA:       0.00      **     
   Zinc (Methionine aspartate)       10.00 mg      **     
   Magnesium (aspartate)       150.00 mg      **     
   Vitamin B6 (Pryidoxine hydrochloride)       3.50 mg      **     
   Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)       100.00 mg      0%     
   Vitamin E (as d-alpha Tocopherol Acetate)       4.50 mg      0%     
 ** Daily Value (DV) not established
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 04:24:30 PM »

GABA is a controlled medicine in this country - supplement companies aren't allowed to use it.

GHB is often referred to as a date rape drug...not sure why you'd want to use it.
Mr Hypertrophy

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 04:53:41 PM »

At least one study suggests that orally administered GABA increases the amount of Human Growth Hormone.[42] GABA directly injected to the brain has been reported to have both stimulatory and inhibitory effects on the production of growth hormone, depending on the physiology of the individual.[41]

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10221989
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18091016

Interesting.
NattyGainzzz

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 05:24:22 PM »

Yea i want to use it to date rape myself - i know what it is. dont need you to tell me what it does. that wasnt the question
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 05:43:25 PM »

At least one study suggests that orally administered GABA increases the amount of Human Growth Hormone.[42] GABA directly injected to the brain has been reported to have both stimulatory and inhibitory effects on the production of growth hormone, depending on the physiology of the individual.[41]

Interesting.

GABA was really popular a few years back for increasing GH production. When I started at Maximuscle (circa 2003), it was incredibly popular.

Yea i want to use it to date rape myself - i know what it is. dont need you to tell me what it does. that wasnt the question

Acting like a dick probably isn't the best way of getting the answer. 
NattyGainzzz

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 08:47:01 AM »

I was asking if the product had banned ingredients in. and your smart comment did not go anywhere near to helping me. you just got your backside handed to you and now your upset. its okay princess.
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 09:23:05 AM »

Nattygonads, U mad bro?

Y U so mad bro ?

Bro, bro, ur mad!

come at me bro!

Nagels
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 10:12:45 AM »

Nattygonads, U mad bro?

Y U so mad bro ?

Bro, bro, ur mad!

come at me bro!

Lmfao
daddy1

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 11:02:22 AM »

Hey nattygainzzz sure know how to make friends and influence people  Roll Eyes
Mr Hypertrophy

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 12:06:14 PM »

Yea i want to use it to date rape myself -

Although that did make me laugh  Grin, I suggest you go back to the bodybuilding.com forums if you are going to have an attitude.
Mr Hypertrophy

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 12:08:09 PM »

Interesting.

GABA was really popular a few years back for increasing GH production. When I started at Maximuscle (circa 2003), it was incredibly popular.

What was the reason for the decline (assuming there was one?
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 12:45:52 PM »

Wern't the suppliment companys made to stop selling Gaba? I remember years ago some guys at the gym talking about it.  (Or was that Gabba? - same thing?!?) Would that affect their natural status or I'm assuming it 'used' to be legal?
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 01:40:59 PM »

Wern't the suppliment companys made to stop selling Gaba? I remember years ago some guys at the gym talking about it.  (Or was that Gabba? - same thing?!?) Would that affect their natural status or I'm assuming it 'used' to be legal?

Around 2004, GABA became a controlled medicine in the UK (MHRA) and supplement companies had to stop selling it. It's readily available in other countries, such as the USA. That's why in this country it was really popular, then dropped right off - nobody could sell it.  

GABBA is just GABA spelt incorrectly.

In terms of natural status, there's a distinction between World Anti Doping Agency banned (WADA) and a licensed medicine. GABA isn't on the WADA list, so it's not a problem for naturals (contrary to what was posted earlier, I believe that the BNBF state that GHB is banned). There are lots of products that are licensed medicines that are fine for naturals to take. Conversely, there are ingredients that supplement companies are allowed to sell that are banned for WADA athletes - DMAA/Geranium would have been an example.  

I was asking if the product had banned ingredients in. and your smart comment did not go anywhere near to helping me. you just got your backside handed to you and now your upset. its okay princess.

The other comments in this thread would suggest that isn't actually what happened.
Mr Hypertrophy

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 05:38:55 PM »

A guy I know who has qualified for the British (UKBFF) a couple of years back said to me "If you dont inject it, then dont expect it."

He said Aminos, Creatine, Protein and ZMA are the only supplements that are worth spending money on.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 09:23:52 PM »

Wern't the suppliment companys made to stop selling Gaba? I remember years ago some guys at the gym talking about it.  (Or was that Gabba? - same thing?!?) Would that affect their natural status or I'm assuming it 'used' to be legal?

Around 2004, GABA became a controlled medicine in the UK (MHRA) and supplement companies had to stop selling it. It's readily available in other countries, such as the USA. That's why in this country it was really popular, then dropped right off - nobody could sell it.  

GABBA is just GABA spelt incorrectly.

In terms of natural status, there's a distinction between World Anti Doping Agency banned (WADA) and a licensed medicine. GABA isn't on the WADA list, so it's not a problem for naturals (contrary to what was posted earlier, I believe that the BNBF state that GHB is banned). There are lots of products that are licensed medicines that are fine for naturals to take. Conversely, there are ingredients that supplement companies are allowed to sell that are banned for WADA athletes - DMAA/Geranium would have been an example.  

The other comments in this thread would suggest that isn't actually what happened.

Great post, thanks si
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements