January 20, 2019, 08:13:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 156
  Print  
Author Topic: Training, Eating and life  (Read 342026 times)
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR £5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« on: October 14, 2013, 07:34:07 AM »

I'm back!!!
Had a great two week break from the gym after the UKDFBA and now feel ready to go back to training.

This year has seen some massive ups (winning the Yorkshire lightweights), massive downs (coming last at Taunton) and then some personal victories (getting up on the UKDFBA stage and going through a really tough diet).

Life outside of bodybuilding is good. We have a roof over our head, food on the table and I come home to the most fantastic and supportive wife.

This year will see Jan become a qualified nutritionist and I will be supporting her all the way in getting that business off the ground. This means we will be getting our spare room completely changed into and office for Jan and getting a stepper in there as well. We both like to be healthy and Jan can't reach the pedals on the old bike. So if anyone knows a good place to buy a stairmaster stepper, hook me up.

I won't call this an offseason as I will be out of the competitive game for a good few years. I still have a point to prove I feel and some gains to make. I won't be bulking thats for sure. I just need to bring my upper body up a bit more and find out how to get super shredded like the top guys. Otherwise I will forever be getting the same results.

Food will be. Unprocessed, a balance of carbs, protein and fats. Six meals a day and a post workout shake. Water well I just drink a lot of water anyway so 4-6l, some coffee, tea and diet pop.

Workouts wise.
Sticking to push, pull and legs compound moves first for upper body to build mass and then isolation. For legs you will see me pre exhausting to get the knees warm and to be honest they don't need to be bigger.

Cardio. Still 3 sessions per week. Just for health, will be on the bike at the moment and the stepper when we get one. Probably a walk at the weekend if we fancy it.

Well thats that. Back and biceps tomorrow.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 12:42:43 PM »

Good to see you back posting again mate. Glad you had a nice holiday - you eant it!
Exciting times for Jan too  Cool
Any plans on how you intend to go foreward 'off season' in regard to nutrition / macros?
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 01:07:52 PM »

Good to see you back -  nice new journal Smiley Pleased to hear you had a lovely holiday - here's to your prolonged offseason and to Jan's new venture too!
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 01:46:39 PM »

Thanks Matt and Nic
After the Ukdfba I was pretty spent, so the break was much needed for both of us.

Jan will go to a 4 day week to start with then we will take it from there. Very exciting indeed.

Food wise im eating this at the moment

1) 60g oats, blueberries, honey and 3 whole eggs
2)50 g nuts and a bananna
3)100g sweet spud, 100g chicken, laods of veg, udos 5ml ish
4) 50g nuts, apple
5) home made tea, stir fry, chilli, etc
6) greek yog and a scoop of whey

pwo whey and some dried fruit.

Just keeps me in structure with very little food prep.

Will change it after christmas to try out some stuff of what i think should work.

It's good to be back.
Adam

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 02:10:33 PM »

Hi Scott

Hope you make the gains you are looking for  Smiley

Out of interest what qualification / courses has Jan done to become a nutritionist ?  It is something that interests me .

Thanks

Adam
Joe Lyon

Moving forward, inch by inch

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 02:36:32 PM »

Looking forward to reading your progress you will make mate Smiley
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 02:51:06 PM »

yum yum to meal 6)
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 02:54:04 PM »

yum yum to meal 6)

meal 2 has me excited as I am a bit of a nut fan

Good to see your journalling buddy. Plans being set and nice and fluid and ready to change as things progress. Nicely done
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 06:39:58 PM »

I really enjoy all of the food in this plan. It's also cheap and easy to prepair.

Can't wait to train tomorrow. Dead lifts on the mind Grin
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 08:05:50 PM »

So people get an idea of what I have at meal 5 or tea for the humans !!

Tonight was stir fry. This fed me and Jan
1 onion
1 red pepper
1 bag sugar snaps
bean sprouts
1 carrott
the outer leaves of a savoy thinly sliced.

1 large chicken breast

Cooked in coconut oil.
spices were 5 spice, seasame seeds, garlic, chilli and cinamon. Soy sauce added at the end just a touch.

Served on 40g of brown rice.

Really fresh and enjoyable
felix

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 11:54:11 PM »

I look forward to following your new journal Scott.
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 08:52:04 AM »

Thanks Felix. Hopefully i will learn as much as I can and have a great deal of fun.

Back and biceps today

chins
me x 10 rp 4 rp 2

deads
130kg x 8
100kg x 20

The did a lat strech. Latpulldown 80kg and just let it stretch the back out

ez curls
35kg x 6 rp 3 rp 2

hammers
16kg x 20

then did 3 supersets of high rope rows supersetted with straight arm pulldowns

I am following a kind of DC workout as I have grow well from this in the past.

So 3 workouts per week. Look to beat reps or weight each week. I will have a week 1 and a week 2. So differnt exercises each week. Then when I come back to week one I have to beat the log book in reps or weight.

Very nice being back in the gym feeling ready to rock rather than feeling depleted, tired and needing my bed
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 09:54:41 AM »

Very nice being back in the gym feeling ready to rock rather than feeling depleted, tired and needing my bed

Amen to that dude  Cool
K_Dogs

DOMS makes you feel alive....

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 11:39:24 AM »

Welcome back Mr Quads!
Amazing what a holiday can do for your mental sanity ayy.
I see that the lure of the journal has pulled you back, I'm tempted to get another one going, but if not careful itís a slippery slope back to fake tan, shaved arm pits and water torture.
Now that youíre back in the land of living you can reflect on the journey with a rational view and as always use as a stepping stone forward. I think itís crazy how different life is once bodyfat gets back to 10% and above.
Good luck in the new journal and training.

Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 12:49:09 PM »

Welcome back Mr Quads!
Amazing what a holiday can do for your mental sanity ayy.
I see that the lure of the journal has pulled you back, I'm tempted to get another one going, but if not careful itís a slippery slope back to fake tan, shaved arm pits and water torture.
Now that youíre back in the land of living you can reflect on the journey with a rational view and as always use as a stepping stone forward. I think itís crazy how different life is once bodyfat gets back to 10% and above.
Good luck in the new journal and training.

Yup!  Grin Cheesy Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 156
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements