June 20, 2019, 04:52:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 156
  Print  
Author Topic: Training, Eating and life  (Read 376731 times)
E-Wing
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2013, 03:56:38 PM »

Looking good! And the diet seems pretty bang on for maintenance.

Agreed with the chest, not that I'm in a position to say! Haha. But those legs are incredible Scott!
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2013, 08:56:56 PM »

Thanks chaps
Been told that upper is still a bit weak and condition needs to be in a bit more.

Todays little session was the same as the push session on Thursday. I just got 1 or 2 more reps due to having the confidence with a spotter.

We did close grip smith bench on a slight incline and i found that much better.

Also watched my posing routine from the UKDFBA and the Yorkshire. It would seem mid mid section is prone to reverting to type (slightly out) with a year long diet. I was sharper for the UKDFBA but for Yorks my midsection was mega tight and did not bloat once. Funny old body I have
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2013, 02:52:46 PM »

Weekend was a nice chilled one. Spent time with Jan and my parents. Jan is really pushing on so I had some chill out time.

Training wise, it's time to beat the log book now. Each workout weight or reps. Should be a fun week
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2013, 10:28:46 PM »

tea tonight was a simple one
roast veg
peppers
courgette
onion
mushrooms
chopped toms
herbs
chicken
Just roast it all up for an hour
The had quinoa and green veg. Quite tasty for very little effort

Must admit the pics of the finals are really eye opening. Having won a qualifier a couple of times over the years the next step would be to do well at the finals, top 5. Must admit the condition is mind blowing for me, long way off but will need to be much much leaner next time
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2013, 09:45:44 AM »

Back and biceps

chins
me +5kg 8 rp 4 rp 2

deads
140kg x 9
110kg x 20

ez curls 35kg x 13 ro 6 rp 3

hammers 18kg dumbells x 21

super set straight bar pulldowns and revers grip pulldowns x 4 supersets. no rest

Good workout. Destroyed the numbers from last time. The gym now have mirrors in front of the smiths machine and squat rack. So I can now keep and eye on my form for deads and squats. Just gives me a bit more confidence.

Might experiment with having my carbs post workout and at tea. Lost of evidence to suggest the longer you go without carbs after waking the better the fat buring also carbs help you sleep
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2013, 10:37:53 AM »

I'd agree with what has already been said, mate.

Obviously your legs are stand-out - very good indeed.

Improvement wise, I think you need a bit more size all over in your upper body. It'll help with balance Vs your legs.

For me, upper chest will benefit you in all front and side shots - that's probably your main priority. A bit more back thickness/width would make your back shots very complete, and would complement your leg development.
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 02:48:29 PM »

Thanks Simon. I agree my chest, well whole torso is a weekness for me. With a training partner the chest should improve and I think my missing abs are genetic so not much I can do there.

The plan for the time out is to stick to the basics, beat the log book and eat well for my bodytype.

E-Wing
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2013, 03:11:20 PM »

Quick question...I know it's beneficial to not have carbs until later on when losing fat but what's the benefit of taking some in before bed?
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2013, 04:25:18 PM »

Sleeeep and recovery
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2013, 11:54:01 AM »

well as an experiment i had no carbs at breaky. Just 4 whole eggs in coconut oil.

Fats protein and veg all day then carbs at tea.

I feel great, no hunger pangs  Grin
Joe Lyon

Moving forward, inch by inch

Email
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2013, 12:54:47 PM »

Always find that my body has more energy when I withdraw morning/early afternoon carbs too
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2013, 02:54:33 PM »

Joe, it seem to be a winner. Going to try a training session tomorrow and see how that goes.

Carbs just post workout and at meal 5. I like it so far. Also means me and Jan are eating exactly the same for tea
daddy1

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2013, 08:32:04 PM »

Yeah Scott carbs in the morning and around lunchtime can make you feel lethargic.
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2013, 08:48:24 PM »

It goes against what has always been my view. Get the carbs in early and then you can use them through the day.

Must admit I am feeling much better today, really focused at work and generally feeling well.

Tonight tea was a chilli
beef mince
chopped toms
kidney beans
onions
peppers
carrots

As you can see we don't eat processed food much
Joe Lyon

Moving forward, inch by inch

Email
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2013, 08:55:13 PM »

Might also be worth looking into mcts as a sub for carbs in the first part of the day, quick absorbing and is used straight away. Mcts plus coffee gives me a kick like mule
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 156
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements