July 22, 2019, 11:20:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156]
  Print  
Author Topic: Training, Eating and life  (Read 385262 times)
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #2325 on: December 03, 2017, 05:28:17 PM »

Little bit of an update.

Start a  new job tomorrow.The last job was far the stressful and the boss, unreasonable. The new job is account management for an industrial door company. 10 minutes walk from home, the gym is also a 10 minute walk from home.

Training has been very consistent. Really loving my training, i'm excited for each session.

Foods also on point. Weekends are more free and that's obviously somewhere that can be cleaned up when we get closer to prep. Not missing  a beat on anything so I'm ready to rock.

Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2326 on: December 04, 2017, 01:36:03 PM »

Little bit of an update.

Start a  new job tomorrow.The last job was far the stressful and the boss, unreasonable. The new job is account management for an industrial door company. 10 minutes walk from home, the gym is also a 10 minute walk from home.

Training has been very consistent. Really loving my training, i'm excited for each session.

Foods also on point. Weekends are more free and that's obviously somewhere that can be cleaned up when we get closer to prep. Not missing  a beat on anything so I'm ready to rock.

Best wishes with the new job, bud.  Hopefully this one is a bit more satisfying.
Any changes to your training? Still 3 days per week?
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #2327 on: December 10, 2017, 10:47:48 PM »

Hello mate

No change as yet. Legs every Saturday  or Sunday  then upper body split over three workouts . So a nine day split. To be honest it's allowed my shoulder  to take less of a battering and the workouts are intense.

Weeks two to go
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #2328 on: March 18, 2018, 12:37:08 PM »

Finally have some time to update.
After 6 weeks at the door company it was announced that they were shutting the head office and decentralising. So Im back at a very big aerospace company. Huge company in a brand new building holding 500 staff.

Six weeks in and getting my routine sorted out. I now workout on a 4 day a week split as I need to be at work for 8. I have been pushing for the gym to open at 6 and so have a lot of other members so fingers cross by the summer we may have a yes or no.

My shoulder issue through some bicep tendinitis seems to be getting better and seeing a very effective sports massage therapist have been a massive help.

Strengths on the way up, I feel fantastic and there is not much more to say really other than we have 3 inchs of snow.

Hope everyone is well and hitting their targets

Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #2329 on: March 18, 2018, 01:34:51 PM »

Good to see you here buddy.

How are you splitting things over those four days?
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #2330 on: March 18, 2018, 04:57:58 PM »

Cheers mate

Back
Chest and biceps
Quads and hams
Shoulders, triceps, abs and calves

If the gym opens at 6 I may go back on the 3 day split which  I prefer
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2331 on: March 19, 2018, 01:30:11 PM »

Nice to see you back, mate! How's the job going now you've had chance to settle in a bit? When does prep 2018 start?
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #2332 on: March 19, 2018, 02:08:29 PM »

I have become a fan of hitting muscle groups twice per week with an Upper/Lower rest Upper/Lower split. #

Although I know many if not most still do bodypart once per week, I do read and am feeling that they are primed to go again more frequently. Have you ever thought of doubling up? Same training days but just changing what is done in the session?
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« Reply #2333 on: March 19, 2018, 02:57:34 PM »

I have become a fan of hitting muscle groups twice per week with an Upper/Lower rest Upper/Lower split. #

What I was about to say also

Best way to train especially for natural bodybuilders. Hit each muscle group every 48-72 hours to stimulate the muscle
DDG

Email
« Reply #2334 on: March 19, 2018, 07:36:55 PM »

Although I know many if not most still do bodypart once per week, I do read and am feeling that they are primed to go again more frequently. Have you ever thought of doubling up? Same training days but just changing what is done in the session?

I've been doing this for over fifteen years now and it works, no question. Three days rest is the maximum and sometimes I go only 48 hours between body parts. The benefits? Enhanced anabolism, cell volumization, vascularity and capillary support, cardiovascular fitness, elevated metabolism, higher calorie consumption and improved protein synthesis. And from a bodybuilding perspective, more separation and density. Thickness comes through lots of training, high frequency and lots of sets.

Not a lecture but rather supporting the earlier point 😊
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #2335 on: March 19, 2018, 08:28:55 PM »

I've been doing this for over fifteen years now and it works, no question. Three days rest is the maximum and sometimes I go only 48 hours between body parts. The benefits? Enhanced anabolism, cell volumization, vascularity and capillary support, cardiovascular fitness, elevated metabolism, higher calorie consumption and improved protein synthesis. And from a bodybuilding perspective, more separation and density. Thickness comes through lots of training, high frequency and lots of sets.

Not a lecture but rather supporting the earlier point 😊

Thanks Dean, I could not think of all the exact benefits but that is pretty much what I had been reading and what seems instinctively to be logical.
thebull

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"

Email
« Reply #2336 on: March 20, 2018, 06:11:03 PM »

Cheers mate

Back
Chest and biceps
Quads and hams
Shoulders, triceps, abs and calves

If the gym opens at 6 I may go back on the 3 day split which  I prefer

Like that split- back on its own is just fun!
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements