August 24, 2019, 10:51:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 156
  Print  
Author Topic: Training, Eating and life  (Read 390258 times)
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR £5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 01:52:58 PM »

Welcome back Mr Quads!
Amazing what a holiday can do for your mental sanity ayy.
I see that the lure of the journal has pulled you back, I'm tempted to get another one going, but if not careful itís a slippery slope back to fake tan, shaved arm pits and water torture.
Now that youíre back in the land of living you can reflect on the journey with a rational view and as always use as a stepping stone forward. I think itís crazy how different life is once bodyfat gets back to 10% and above.
Good luck in the new journal and training.

Thanks mate. That holiday was the best. I can not fault it. Time with the one you love always make you feel great.

No I won't be back for at least 2 years. Made Jan a promise. It's her time to shine now. Time for her to chase her dreams.

I looked at the trophys today, just after a bit of cardio and thought, bloody hell I have done quite well. I don't think I will ever be top three at the British but it's been a hell of a ride.

Personally my struggle has always been getting mega shredded like Rich Gratten or Plamen. Maybe it's genetic as I worked hader than I thought possible
daddy1

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 07:03:37 PM »

Will be following mate  Smiley  All the best to Jan with her endeavours.
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 07:40:16 PM »

Thanks mate.
Tonight we cooked
Chicken pasta.

1x onion
1Xpepper
few mushrooms
chilli
courgette
1 tin chopped toms
1 large chicken breast
slug of balsamic
garlic
dried basil and oregano
teaspoon of honey to take to acidic taste off the chopped toms

Had 40g of wholewheat pasta and some veg with this. Unprocessed, very tasty and quick.
csaunders

NPA South West 2014 Overall Champion

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 09:55:17 PM »

I need to get some of your cooking prowess.

All the best with your 'offseason' and moreso with Jan's venture!
felix

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 10:40:16 PM »

Scott I am sure you will be back on stage in a couple of years looking better than ever I believe you have all the tools for a very high place finish at a finals you are still pretty young too I believe sometimes even better condition can come with age with more muscle maturity and knowing more about what diet works best for you I never really hit top condition on stage untill 2007 when I was 38 after many years of trying and not getting it.
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 07:31:49 AM »

Thanks Chris and Felix. Chris I will pass on the good wishes to Jan

Felix, that gives me a bit of hope. I am done for now but I am sure once I get some reading done and get some rest away from sport and heavy lifting in me then the fire will be back

The recipes are very clean and I think most people would be more than happy to use them in prep.

Tonight is chilli
250g of lean mince, we cook it and rise it with boiled water to get rid of the fattyness
chopped toms
onion
pepper
chilli
cumin
corriander
tom paste
kidney beans

Reduce it all down and it's very good
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 08:47:59 AM »

Some of you have met Benj. I know Nic and Toby have. He is back as my training partner now which will be good for us both. He wants to compete and I like having someone to train with, so all good.

Today was push day.

Flat bench
60kg x 11 rp 4 rp 2

sat on floor press
40kg x 6 rp3 rp2

decline tri ext
25kg x 13 rp 4 rp 2

I think those reps are right I will check later

then we did a tri set of flys, laterals and pushdowns. Just 3 of those non stop, really give a nice pump and hits everything well.

Bit of stretching and job done.
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 04:19:05 PM »

Think i may have to change the diet a bit all these nuts are costing a fortune.

I will have a think about it over the weekend. Me and carbs have never been great bed fellow so I may well try carbs early doors and then just protein fats and carbs post training.

See what I can draw up
Joe Lyon

Moving forward, inch by inch

Email
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2013, 05:09:38 PM »

Hey Scott have you considered loading up on carbs post workout as opposed to rest of the day, thinking it may help with ability to tolerate them
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2013, 08:00:43 PM »

funny you say that.
Just done a metabolic typing test from a book i was recommend.

No suprise to me that I am a protein type. So do better on protein and fats and carbs  should only be 30% of my diet. By carbs these must be whole grain.

Now thats no surprise to me as I always thought as much.

So thinking carbs around the workout or at breakfast in the form of oats. PWO will be a bananna and whey.

K_Dogs

DOMS makes you feel alive....

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2013, 09:35:26 AM »

If youíre carb sensitive Iíd be very cautious of Wholegrain variants. They will likely exaggerate symptoms, ie, bloating, wind and stomach pain. Youíve mentioned before that Brown rice hurts your stomach, so just go really easy on them to test your tolerance over a few weeks. I wish I could handle the Shredded wheat like Big Steve and Middle size Toby  Cheesy
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2013, 10:51:24 AM »

Hi Keith, the book gives a recommended food list for my type. Re reading it I was wrong about the bannana pwo, Apples and pears  are ok.

Looks very easy. planning the carbs around the workout and on off days at breaky. Your right cold brown rice is rubbish for me but fresh its ok. Normal pasta is hell on earth nut wholewheat is fine, once a week, but thats not on the list.

SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, 10:53:39 AM »

Legs today

warms up was 80 odd reps on the leg ext and hamstring curl

Hamstring curl 35 9 rp 8 rp 2

plate loaded leg press
260kg x 11
200kg x 21

calf press
120kg x 8

then did some lunges

Job done, nice and intense, training partner loved it. Honest he did lol

Sore as hell for the two workouts before this week and set some good numbers to progress from. Not running before we can walk.
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 10:56:08 AM »

Any reason for no squats today, Mr Squatonater?

Hugely jealous of a plate loading leg press. Considering swapping gyms on leg day so I can use them as my accessory work.
SCOTTGALTON

Email
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 01:45:15 PM »

hi mate
Did deads on monday and I just feel i get more out of them doing them in seperate weeks.

Next week we have different exercises and then we rotate and beat our log books DC STYLE

Last nights tea was a peanut butter curry

onion
pepper
chilli
mushroom
chicken stock
water
3 teaspoons of peanut butter
1 chicken breast
brown off the dry stuff, add the wet stuff. Stir and reduce.

It was very good
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 156
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements