May 27, 2019, 12:25:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Healthy homemade chocolate & peanut butter flapjacks  (Read 6358 times)
Jonny Mellor

Email
« on: October 19, 2013, 12:58:48 PM »

Hi Everyone,

This is my first recipe that i have adapted after making a few batches but feel like i am onto a winner after my last batch, they taste so much better than the dry/grainy flapjacks you get from the shop. I would appreciate it if you could try them and see what you think and maybe offer advice/amendments to the recipe so we can all enjoy a healthy tasty post workout snack or even just something to eat anytime during the day. OK here goes:

Ingredients -

150g oats ( i used Quaker rolled oats)
4 scoops chocolate protein powder (i used bulk powders chocolate cookie)
2 heaped tbsp peanut butter, crunchy or smooth (i used crunchy but will try smooth next)
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
50g raisins
Half a cup of semi-skimmed milk (around 150ml) - you can add more if the mixture is a bit dry.

Important- if you add too much milk they will probably turn out more like brownies and may be a bit dry, i know this because i made that mistake.

Optional extras:

50g chopped nuts
2 tbsp Nutella.

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 180c

Mix oats, protein powder and raisins in a large bowl.

Melt golden syrup and peanut butter until runny in the microwave (around 2-3 mins)

Add golden syrup mixture to oat mixture and then add the milk.

Mix until combined well and then press into a greased baking tray around 9x7 inches or something similar, i would recommend lining with greaseproof paper as well.

Place on middle shelf for around 8-10 mins and then set aside for a few mins to cool slightly and then place in fridge for 30 mins for them to firm up slightly.

These flapjacks do not need to be kept in the fridge, i have read reviews on recipes that have milk in them that say if they aren't kept in the fridge they go mushy, well not my recipe! haha.

Hope you enjoy

Thanks for reading.

E-Wing
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 09:01:36 AM »

Sounds good! Will try it out over the weekend.

Any idea on the macros?
SteHowie

5 x British 2 x UIBBN World Champ Powered by EQ

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 09:57:31 AM »

Made these just now - in the oven - interesting take on using milk instead of water.  May add a bit of flavour.

Mine normally don't last long enough to go mushy!!
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 07:21:03 AM »

Ok, the easiest way to work out the macros is as a total. I've done it like this but with changes - no raisins, standard size tbsp of peanut butter (whole earth) and honey instead of golden syrup...

(pro-cho-fat)

150g oats 16-90-12
4 scoops whey concentrate 92-8-4
2 tbsp peanut butter 8-6-16
2 tbsp honey 0-17-0
150ml SS milk 5-7-2

121g pro, 128g carbs, 34g fat.

Thats a total of 1302 calories.

You can then divide that into however many you like. Obviously 8 portions would give you about 12.1g pro, 13g carbs and 4.2g fat - about 142 calories each.

Hope that helps.

I don't like raisins so don't know their macros. If you want them in you'll need to add them.
shawry1878

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 07:07:08 PM »

In the fridge...... Counting down the minutes!  Tongue

Enjoyed licking the spoon tho!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements