June 15, 2019, 10:18:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: No name; just train!  (Read 137568 times)
K_Dogs

DOMS makes you feel alive....

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 06:32:59 PM »

Training

Today's session was 7am & 7 degrees Celsius!

Things feel a little freestyle at the moment, I have a plan for each session, yet I include a few variations here and there. I guess it canít harm so long as I'm stimulating and not annihilating myself.

Calves
21ís plus a few random sets and reps

Incline bench, 4 sets, used some drop sets with the aim of keeping the reps in the 8 to 10 rep range. Right Rota cuff was fatiguing first, so I need to address this. I was thinking that smaller muscles recover quicker to I might try some rest pause sets whilst I'm nursing the shoulder.
Dips Ė Sternum was very sore with 10 reps at 20kg so I need to be careful with that one.
Biceps, 21ís with kettlebell and ez bar alternated with 10 to 12 rep Triceps cable pressdowns. Triís were screaming during the last few reps.
Shoulder care (got the tiny pink dumbbells out again) Not sure what youíd say this movement, but you lay on your side with a tiny dumbbell in your hand and rotate your arm up and down to hit the areas of the delts that you very rarely use in the gym (or general life).

Finished off with some foam rolling with particular emphasis  on the delts.

Diet
Still hovering at 65kg which is about 6kg under where I used to live. This is a strange weight to be at as I look half decent and I'm eating pretty much what I want. The main concern is strength. I'm hoping that with some stability to my training and remedial work that the weights will increase back up to respectable weights.
I had some whey this morning, shhhhhhh, only about 20grams with just water, but ďseemsĒ ok so far. I hate the feeling of training hard and not supplementing straight after.
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 08:52:46 PM »

shoulder exercise = L fly?

hope you find a decent duet that suits you. dont worry about BB convention, 90% of most diets for gaining or cutting just require getting enough protein and then get kcals correct. the rest is very flexible IMO
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, 11:23:47 PM »

Why are you avoiding supps, Keith? I probably missed a whole page of discussion on it, sorry!

The kb exercise sounds similar to rotator stuff I'd do when I was a swimmer. (Soooo boring!)
K_Dogs

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2013, 12:28:26 PM »

Here's the exercise. Minus the cushions.
K_Dogs

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2013, 12:33:21 PM »

Why are you avoiding supps, Keith? I probably missed a whole page of discussion on it, sorry!

I was suffering badly from IBS-D and although unusual I think that Iíve tracked it down to L-Glutamine of all things! Then again I thought I found the culprit several times only to have a bad bout again.

So right now I'm only taking Vit c + zinc and testing 20g of Whey isolate post workout. If that continues ok Iíll add some Glucose to the mix.

Hoping not to tempt fate, but I'm celebrating almost a month of no significant issues.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2013, 01:40:40 PM »

Good to hear mate.  Unfortunately with that sort of thing it's all just a bit of trial and error  Undecided
K_Dogs

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2013, 01:45:08 PM »

Good to hear mate.  Unfortunately with that sort of thing it's all just a bit of trial and error  Undecided
Just trying to make one change at a time. I didn't realise what a supp junkie I was. Going to bed now without my spp cocktail still feels weird.
K_Dogs

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2013, 01:45:55 PM »

Update on yesterday's workout. My Pecs are stupidly sore and it's great to have severe DOMS back  Grin
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2013, 02:30:55 PM »

I have a friend who has gut issues from l-glut (she has gut issues from a lot of things!) Apparently it boils down to the fact that glutamine is derived somehow from wheat, or a wheat by product (?) I don't know for sure.... one of our supplement company people might be able to confirm? Do you have wheat or gluten issues?
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2013, 02:31:23 PM »

Here's the exercise. Minus the cushions.

Yes I recognise this delight from my swimming days.
K_Dogs

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2013, 04:38:54 PM »

As boring as they look ayy  Undecided .Prevention is better than the cure.
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2013, 06:05:11 PM »

L-Glutamine shouldn't be derived from Wheat. Glutamine Peptides are.

Good to hear you've everything under control, mate. Smiley
Mr Natural

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2013, 07:39:30 PM »

L-Glutamine shouldn't be derived from Wheat. Glutamine Peptides are.

Good to hear you've everything under control, mate. Smiley

What is normal l glutamine derived from as some say wheat and some say it's not
K_Dogs

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2013, 12:22:11 PM »

Training

Itís Friday the 13th and itís my Birthday! Lucky for some I guess. I was also 13 on Friday the 13th  Grin

Back
After a mega mix of warmups I hit some barbell BORís for 5 sets progressed up then ran a drop set down to keep the reps between 8-12.
I put a lot of effort into remaining in a good postural position and not to let the shoulders round forward too much.
Various grips chins 3 sets of 6-7 reps
Hams
Hams: 3 sets of 10-12 SLDLís Ė I didnít really feel these today, so will need to work on these.
Biís
Ez bar curls and concentration curls alternated. I'm still working around a bicep tendon pull and concentration curls appear to be best for warming the entire area and seem to be helping with recovery.
Abs
Quickly did some ab wheel and hanging leg raises.

Unexpectedly my wife bought be a weight tree (my weights have been on the floor or against the wall for about 5 years) and a 15kg slam ball, which is a medicine ball that doesnít bounce.

The first thing my son Ruben did with the ballÖ..

[attachment deleted by admin]
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2013, 03:07:29 PM »

HaHa, cool pic mate  Smiley
A weight tree as a present?! She's a keeper!  Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements