June 15, 2019, 10:36:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: No name; just train!  (Read 137571 times)
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2013, 03:36:59 PM »

What is normal l glutamine derived from as some say wheat and some say it's not

Glutamine Peptides = Wheat.
L-Glutamine: Typically fermented from Corn.

That is a cool pic, Keith! Nice work from your missus too!
K_Dogs

DOMS makes you feel alive....

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2013, 04:55:48 PM »

What is normal l glutamine derived from as some say wheat and some say it's not

Glutamine Peptides = Wheat.
L-Glutamine: Typically fermented from Corn.

That is a cool pic, Keith! Nice work from your missus too!
To be honest I had no idea where Glutamine came from, but that's interesting in regards to IBS.
Thanks guys - My son is only 19 months and is constantly deadlifting anything he can find that is heavy. Perfect form too  Grin
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2013, 06:04:14 PM »

Haha, I have a series of very similar pics of my little nephew with my slam ball - whenever he's here, he heads straight for my foam roller, physio (spiky) balls or slam ball. Not the colouring books or anything like that...no.... Grin
K_Dogs

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2013, 09:25:43 AM »

Haha, I have a series of very similar pics of my little nephew with my slam ball - whenever he's here, he heads straight for my foam roller, physio (spiky) balls or slam ball. Not the colouring books or anything like that...no.... Grin

If it's not my son, it's my Labrador that's picking up anything that's 'mine' and gym related, it does make me laugh unless I can't find my shoes.

How do you use your Slam ball? I went for the 15kg version which feels heavier than I expected. I was looking to do some throws, but that won't happen until the weather improves.
K_Dogs

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2013, 09:19:27 AM »

Training

Ok, I have quickly come to realise that Hack squats are sick! Not sic like the kids say, but sickeningly painful directly in the quads. Other than Girondaís sissy squats these are by far the most direct quad activation that Iíve ever felt and the difference to sissy squats is that you can add a decent amount of weight.

BB Hack squats   Military Press   Laterals   Bi's (Light)   Abs
3 x 8-10 up to 115kg   3 x 8-10 up to 40kg   Front and side @ Yx1 (cables)   Concentration curls   Ab roller & Hang raises

Diet

I went to the Oblix restaurant at the Shard in London and eat until I couldnít move. This included a lovely piece of PIG!  Grin
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2013, 09:38:31 AM »

I do like those barbell hacks but I do them on a different day to squats. Personally I am trying to hit the quads a lot this year and find that these hit the glutes and hams too so put it on ham day for that but also for additional quad action. The first few times I did them I kept clipping the lower part of my calves, was bruised to bugger!
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2013, 01:54:59 PM »

Old skool is the new cool school!  Cool

I think they hit everything, traps, intercostals as well as the obvious ones.
I tend to lean forward a touch, and really try and squeeze the quads at the top. Owch!
Do you use straps when doing them Keith?
K_Dogs

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2013, 02:20:47 PM »

I can feel my upper back and traps a little sore today now that you mention it.
I use loop straps, just so that I can forget about my grip and enjoy the screaming quads. I too learn forward as that feels most natural. I didnít bother or feel the need to squat after yesterdayís sets.

Yes Tobes, during the last reps I sometimes end up running the bar down my calves due to fatigue and they get a mega deep tissue massage. Might start chalking them  Smiley

Tempted to try some lighter military press behind the neck, any thoughts?
K_Dogs

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2013, 08:08:16 PM »

Training
Edit on the last post, my entire body was sore from top to bottom after pushing hard on the hack squats. Also noticing some change in quad shape.

I picked up a head cold so I took an extra days rest.
So, today I hit Chest and Tri's
5 sets of very slight incline bench. Straight sets and rest pause reps with 2 drops in weight. In an experiment to try and target the pecs directly and eliminate other muscle involvement I put my feet up on the bench. The jury is still out on the effectiveness.
Next up was 4 sets of Close grip bench (CGB) on the same incline, started heavy then dropped weight to hit 10 reps.
Finished up with cable press-downs, my tri's were absolutely screaming. 3 sets, 12,12,9.

Finally I did a few explosive throw/pushes with the 15kg slam ball. I got into the same low incline bench position then pushed the ball up and out of my hands as forcefully as possible then caught the ball before is squashed my face! These would be better with a training partner to catch the ball, but still felt good.

Diet
Not eating enough.......  Embarrassed
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2013, 01:47:25 PM »

How's the diet going now mate? - You mean can't fit the food in? or just a bit under the weather?
K_Dogs

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2013, 01:38:12 PM »

How's the diet going now mate? - You mean can't fit the food in? or just a bit under the weather?

Mr Shredder! A bit of both to be honest. Managed to add a couple of pounds since with plenty of Christmas treats though.
K_Dogs

« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2013, 01:47:03 PM »

Training
I hit back, Hams and Bi's on Christmas eve. Hams are still sore today. The session was mostly made up of BOR's, Chins, SLDL's and direct bi work. The only variation was the 15kg slam ball curls. They were more of a hammer curl due to way you have to hold the ball, but my god did it hit my bi's. The little things were in bits.

Diet
Appetite is a lot better now, so the leftover turkey, ham, sausages etc are going down a treat with a squirt of salad cream.
K_Dogs

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2013, 02:39:22 PM »

Training
It was tough to get up today, however I started this morning's session at 06:45.
BB Hacks
These seemed to take ages to get through.
2 x 10 @ 115kg then dropped to 95 for 12 reps. These were pretty disgusting as always  Lips sealed
Seated Mill press
Worked up then down. 55kg x 10 was easy enough.
Concentration curls.
Slamball shoulder throws, again being careful not to drop the ball on my head/face.

Kept all weights the same as previous similar session yet managed a few extra reps here and there which was encouraging considering the lack of rest and head cold etc.

Diet
REALLY enjoying the leftover turkey and ham.
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2013, 04:05:41 PM »

Hacks are absolutely brutal when done with a barbell, very strong mate!

Lol same here re the turkey..it's been my protein source with every meal but am finally running low. Ferraro Roche are the perfect pre training meal aswell Smiley

How are you finding the slams?

Looking to add depth jumps to my own training, will tread cautiously though..
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR £5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2013, 04:28:51 PM »

training looks solid Keith.

The leftovers are all ways welcome. Not sure why people moan about turkey, we eat loads of it all year Grin

I must try those hacks.

With you training at home do you find it hard to warm up the knees for squats?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements