June 20, 2019, 04:21:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: No name; just train!  (Read 137842 times)
K_Dogs

DOMS makes you feel alive....

« on: December 03, 2013, 08:27:14 AM »

Cool
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 08:48:54 AM »

Busy start bro  Grin
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR £5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 09:46:40 AM »

nice start,  Grin

You still rocking the home gym?
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 10:49:35 AM »

I'm in!  Cheesy
 Cool
K_Dogs

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 01:20:29 PM »

As the title suggest, Iíll be keeping my training simple and instinctive.

Iíve been very fortunate to have recently received some advice and feedback from a certain UIBBN Bantamweight World Champion. In light of the advice, Iíve opened my mind, taken everything on board and will now begin a new journey.

The home gym version 2 is back up and running. Itís still a little unorganised at the moment, but the power rack has been rebuilt and thereís just enough room to swing a Labrador.
After taking over 2 weeks off I took it particularly easy last night and began with the below.

LEGS
Barbell Squats 3 x 8-10
Hack Squats 3 x 8 -10 (loved these, but I only had baby weights on for the first session back).
Standing Military 3 x 8-10 (will alternated Standing and seated each week).
Calf raises 3 x 21ís (bottom third, top third, then full range) they were rather enjoyable, these were alternated with EZ Curls.

All the weights were warm-up numbers, so nothing to report (I have a reputation to uphold you know)  Kiss

During the next similar session Iíll include some Cable laterals raises and some shoulder care stuff with the little pink dumbbells that I bought for my wife (theyíre not mine baby, honestly).
 Embarrassed
K_Dogs

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 01:22:18 PM »

Busy start bro  Grin

Grin
K_Dogs

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 01:24:25 PM »

nice start,  Grin
You still rocking the home gym?
Hi Scott, yes mate, I recently rebuilt it in my new house/garage. Ultimately I'll have more space. I've been told to paint and insulate it, but I quite like the dark dungeon look at the moment.
K_Dogs

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 01:25:00 PM »

I'm in!  Cheesy
 Cool
Thanks Matt, you're a top man  Cheesy
daddy1

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 09:04:56 PM »

In for the ride  Grin
K_Dogs

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 11:05:38 AM »

He she is, Home gym Version 2. Dungeon style. Spot the Labrodor.

[attachment deleted by admin]
K_Dogs

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 11:07:47 AM »

This evening session will go something like thisÖ. (Run DMC style)

CHEST
Bench 3 x 8-10 (will alternate flat and incline each week)
Weighted dips 3 x 8-10 (need to see how these feel as I started to do clap press-ups a few months back and my sternum has been sore ever since).

Skull crushers 3 x 8-10
Cable press-downs 3 x 8-10
Abs

Diet
Now this is where things getting interesting or confusing, that depends on how you look at it. Some of you may know that Iíve been suffering with my digestive system and experiencing fast transit times. The more I followed safe food groups, such as FODMAP and used regular supplements the worse the condition became.
About a month ago, I again had stomach flu (Gastroenteritis). After I recovered I decided to try and eat whatever I craved or fancied to see how my stomach responded to eating instinctively. I started to eat lots of naughty food, such as bread, biscuits, chocolate, beer and also cut out lots of good boy foods, oats, nuts, reduced veg and fruit.
As the days slowly passed things started to improve and after about 2 weeks I tried to reintroduce oats with lactose free milk, this was a mistake and I just about got away with it.
I was left with a dilemma, do I continue to eat the supposedly good foods and take my supplements and just deal with daily diarrhoea or switch to foods that I can tolerate of which are far from nutrient dense.
I weighted it up and decided that the stress of passing every ounce of nutrient and water from my system daily could not be conducive to hypertrophy.
So this now brings me up to date and things are under control at the moment, but the diet is as off season as you can get.
Despite eating food such as below I weighed in on my Tanita scales at 65.8kg last night with a bodyfat % of 9.8%

Daily food example below. Currently making breakfast big and lunch smaller.

On waking (usually before 6am)
Yakult

Breakfast
White bread Toast with butter x 2
2 or 3 slices of bacon
1 or 2 poached egg
1 or 2 sausages
Hashbrown now and then
Black coffee

Lunch
Either jacket potato with a tonne of butter and a meat source or heavily filled white bread sandwich, port, lamb, beef, tuna etc

Snacks
Nakd bar, few nuts, banana

Dinner
White potato home cooked wedges (large portion) or white rice.
Chicken, salmon or mince
Very small amount of veg

Snack
A cup of tea with full fat milk and a few rich tea biscuits or a little chocolate
Or a bottle of beer (VERY unusual for me, but itís Christmas ayy)

Iíve been eating particular bad for the last few weeks and also not training, but the fact that I only added about 2lbs of weight is an interesting result.
So this might be an argument for IFYM
As training starts to flow again I expect that my appetite will increase and Iíll add more calories and limit alcohol.

To not over analyse everything I'm going to focus on getting all the good protein sources in daily and not worry about the naughty stuff.
Over the course of an average week I consume, Fresh Salmon fillets, chicken breasts, eggs, lean mince, lamb or pork /bacon, nuts a little full fat milk.

Assuming that all goes well over the next few weeks I plan to try and reintroduce Creatine and BCAAís. I have a huge bag of Whey isolate that I'm not sure if I should risk taking.

[attachment deleted by admin]
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR £5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 11:52:40 AM »

glad your feeling better mate. You touched on a few issues but didn't know how bad you were.

If you don't want the isolate i'd buy it from you Grin
K_Dogs

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 01:17:26 PM »

glad your feeling better mate. You touched on a few issues but didn't know how bad you were.

If you don't want the isolate i'd buy it from you Grin
Thanks Scott. My wife has claimed it for smoothies apparently, otherwise I would have sent it to you. I have some DAA if you want it? Comes in 100g bag and I've used 20g max. PM your address if interested.
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 01:30:29 PM »

I recall you being quite ill a month or so before the Yorkshire but did not realise you were having such big issues. That is quite a hard and confusing one. I wonder if there is actually an item in the "clean" eating that is causing the issue as opposed to the actual supps or diet itself as a whole?

Is there anything in particular you have introduced that could cause it or does it just settle down when you have that same food but also have the other stuff on top?
K_Dogs

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 01:37:36 PM »

I recall you being quite ill a month or so before the Yorkshire but did not realise you were having such big issues. That is quite a hard and confusing one. I wonder if there is actually an item in the "clean" eating that is causing the issue as opposed to the actual supps or diet itself as a whole?

Is there anything in particular you have introduced that could cause it or does it just settle down when you have that same food but also have the other stuff on top?
Yeah that was a bad one, I was stuck for hours at a time  Huh
I kept a food diary for a while and was pulling my hair out trying to find the culprit. It could be a massive coincidence, but I was taking 5-10 grams of L-Glutamine almost every day as it apparently has the ability to heal your stomach. Then as soon as I cut it out things got better. It would be amazing if I turns out to be just that one supp. I figure that Christmas will be an eating mine field, so until itís over Iíll stay off the supps completely and hopefully Creatine and BCAA's will be ok.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements