August 24, 2019, 11:20:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: No name; just train!  (Read 142491 times)
K_Dogs

DOMS makes you feel alive....

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 02:15:32 PM »

In for the ride  Grin
Nice to have you onboard mate.
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR £5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 02:43:18 PM »

glad your feeling better mate. You touched on a few issues but didn't know how bad you were.

If you don't want the isolate i'd buy it from you Grin
Thanks Scott. My wife has claimed it for smoothies apparently, otherwise I would have sent it to you. I have some DAA if you want it? Comes in 100g bag and I've used 20g max. PM your address if interested.

These wives lol. Jan can't stand protein powder thankfully.

Thanks for the kind offer mate but it really does nothing for me. Must have high testosterone Wink
K_Dogs

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 09:21:49 AM »

CHEST
Bench 3 x 8-10 (will alternate flat and incline each week)
Weighted dips 3 x 8-10 (need to see how these feel as I started to do clap press-ups a few months back and my sternum has been sore ever since).

Skull crushers 3 x 8-10
Cable press-downs 3 x 8-10
Abs
Session went as planned, just the odd set/rep tweak. I'm still as weak as a kitten after the break and the garage is a bit of a mess at the moment, so finding space for Skull crushers was a pain.

Has anyone had pain in the chest sternum area, wondering what to focus on to try and stretch it out and remediate?
K_Dogs

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2013, 11:48:02 AM »

Life got in the way of training last night, which meant that I didn't enter the garage until nearly 9pm. It felt cold at 8°c but as I warmed up it became a pleasant temperature to train in.

I struggled with motivation at first, but after switching things up a little I got into the groove.

Back
Single arm rows 3 x 10 using kettlebells (achieved a great mind muscle connection and felt the lats working hard).
Pull/chin ups
Various grips in the 6 rep range, these were harder after rows.
Rows
Various height positions using TNT bands wrapped around a post on the power-rack. You can lean back and take your weight with your arms/back and adjust the tension in various areas of the back. Thoroughly enjoyed these.
Bi's
Isolation city.
Various bicep position using just a tiny kettlebell. I even did some concentration curls. Quite enjoying this old school pumping iron style.

Dug out the old Jim Cordova DVD to watch whilst eating my post workout feast as the baby was asleep and wife was out.

It's got me thinking that I've potentially got lost a little along the way. Beating my notebook and moving ever increasing weights has been my focus and without consideration you can forget that you're actually trying to stimulate and pusade the muscle to adapt. Tweaking the angle, hand position etc must have an impact over time. Food for thought I think and time to spice things up a little to try and engage dormant fibres.

Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 11:53:26 AM »

The body will adapt and growth and improvement will stagnate and the proof of adaption is training and getting zero doms, add in a new exercise, maybe lunges if you do not use them, and your glutes are on fire for days after.
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 01:53:22 PM »

How the sternum pain Keith? Any better?
K_Dogs

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 03:18:13 PM »

How the sternum pain Keith? Any better?
Hey Nic, thanks for checking in. It's just about under control thanks. I really need to do more trigger point therapy to speed up the process. Avoiding clap press-ups is helping. One of the most painful times in when carrying my son on my hip which suggests the problem may come from tight delts, as when carrying him my shoulder has to come across my body and then when I relax to put him down I get the pain.
K_Dogs

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 03:18:27 PM »

I enjoyed a good 7am session this morning despite being up against the clock.

Training

LEGS - BB Hack Squats - Worked up to 3 sets of 10. I'm slowly increasing the weight as to not rip my arms off. I'm really noticing the direct quad involvement and lack of lower back and hip strain. There’s still room for a weight increment, but they had me panting.
2 sets of 10 BB squats, the aim was to keep constant quad tension with a deliberate controlled pace which would increase TUT.

I then got summoned to change a nappy and my legs felt a little jelly like on the stairs which was a welcomed feeling.

DELTS - BB Seated military press
2 sets of 10. Again, I'm being sensible to acclimatise, so I kept the weight at 55kg.
Cable laterals
Time was really getting on, so I just hit one set of front and one set of rears with one yellow TNT band.

I’ve decided to push calves to the next session. The bar is conveniently loaded on the correct pins from shoulder press so I can hit them fresh before chest. I also had to skip the light bi work due to time, so I need to add this in to the next session too. I best set the alarm for a little earlier going forward.

Diet
I nice weekend of roast dinner(s) and mince pies which is pretty much how December will roll this year.
I had a tiny spoonful of iBCAA’s, I regretted it straight away seeing as I said I wound not risk any supps, I guess I’ll know how silly the choice was in the next few hours
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 04:18:50 PM »

I then got summoned to change a nappy and my legs felt a little jelly like on the stairs which was a welcomed feeling.

These modern gyms are quite peculiar, mine has yet to ask that of me.

BB Hacks. Hmmm, I wonder who you have been talking to! How you finding them, I quite like them and work at 130/140kg.
K_Dogs

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 04:58:03 PM »

These modern gyms are quite peculiar, mine has yet to ask that of me.

BB Hacks. Hmmm, I wonder who you have been talking to! How you finding them, I quite like them and work at 130/140kg.
The only downside of a home gym I guess  Lips sealed
I've only done about 10 sets in my life, so I'm slowly upping the weight, only 100kg so far, but will see how it goes. Ohh yes, borrowed from a certain Champ. WWMAD haha
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 09:54:44 PM »

Can't beat a bit of old skool gents! I do constantly ask myself WTFIMAD!  Grin
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR £5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2013, 09:38:54 AM »

nice workouts Keith. Never knew Jim Cordova did a dvd. One hell of a bodybuidler that chap.

K_Dogs

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2013, 12:26:21 PM »

Can't beat a bit of old skool gents! I do constantly ask myself WTFIMAD!  Grin
He's basking in his glory and mince pies I hope.
K_Dogs

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2013, 12:27:37 PM »

nice workouts Keith. Never knew Jim Cordova did a dvd. One hell of a bodybuidler that chap.
Cheers Scott. The DVD is a little short, more of an advertisement for his physique transformation stuff, but there are a few good bits.
K_Dogs

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2013, 12:30:31 PM »

Here's last nights workout  Cheesy

A bit of indoor climbing. Really enjoyed the experience, I've not climbed since being in the Marines (many moons ago).
The technical bouldering was a proper forearm killer!

[Edit] Neither of those people are me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements