July 17, 2019, 05:46:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 155
  Print  
Author Topic: Pain & Precision  (Read 397449 times)
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« on: January 02, 2014, 01:57:45 PM »

Right! - New year, new journal.
I thought I would do an off season journal for a change, and try and record as much food stuffs aswel as training.
As you are probably aware of, I'm now luckily enough to be sponsored by Bulk Powders, so now I am really going to experiment with their extensive range, and also include a few new suppliments too.

A few things I have been podering that I would like to achieve -

200k deadlift (without straps - never use them for DL.  Current best was 192.5K )
A confirmed 2 x BW bench press (I know I have done 130k in the gym,but not 100% sure of my BW - Gah!)
160K for 8 reps on Hack squats (Bar Bell).

I won't be compromising any 'bodybuilding' training with any of these, so it may be a case of picking off one at a time and trying to work it into my normal routine.
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 02:15:18 PM »

Good to see you've a new journal up, mate. Smiley

I hope you had a good Christmas/New Year with the family?

Nice goals you've got - awesome lifting at your bodyweight!
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 02:41:07 PM »

Good to see some off season numbers, diet and chat from you. Those goals are easily in you, I think you were close to a 2xBW bench in prep time and restricted cals. You must have been 61ish and I think you did 112.5kg for a couple didn't you?
K_Dogs

DOMS makes you feel alive....

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 03:06:03 PM »

100% subscribed to this journal mate. Very solid numbers there and I think that you are right that you’ll probably need to focus on one lift at a time. Maybe max out on only 1 of them every couple of weeks or so.

160kg Hack is massive you lunatic!
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 03:51:11 PM »

Your one strong motha Matt!

Looking forward to reading your journal mate, the thought of 160kg hacks makes me gag a little lol

Rich mc

Ukdfba under 75kg champion

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 04:02:18 PM »

Hi matt, good to see you have started another journal bud will be reading with interest.
Good to set targets even in off session training, gives you something to keep striving towards.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 09:21:21 PM »

Good to see you've a new journal up, mate. Smiley

I hope you had a good Christmas/New Year with the family?

Nice goals you've got - awesome lifting at your bodyweight!

Cheers Si  Smiley  Though i'd get Crimbo out of the way before starting it.
Yeah, we had a good break, and family doing well - Hayden did his first 'self propelled' swim on Tuesday with his arm discs on.  not bad for 15 months!
Looking at those targets is giving me cold sweats now......... Grin
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 09:23:23 PM »

Good to see some off season numbers, diet and chat from you. Those goals are easily in you, I think you were close to a 2xBW bench in prep time and restricted cals. You must have been 61ish and I think you did 112.5kg for a couple didn't you?

cheers mate. I'm cautious not to fall into the 'how much weight' trap, and keep it bodybuilder-y as possible, but I know you still have to push yourself.  Yeah, I guess I was when you put it like that, probably could of popped a 122.5K up I suppose. Well, maybe?!
daddy1

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 09:24:35 PM »

Looking forward to this journal mate  Grin
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 09:25:32 PM »

100% subscribed to this journal mate. Very solid numbers there and I think that you are right that you’ll probably need to focus on one lift at a time. Maybe max out on only 1 of them every couple of weeks or so.

160kg Hack is massive you lunatic!

Thanks mate.  Still a bit jealous of your Journal title though!
I think you are right, i'll probably have to pick them off one at a time, or do some sort of rotation type thing.

160k Hack - what was I thinking!! Actually, I think this one is probably the most likely at the moment.
time will tell!
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 09:26:40 PM »

Your one strong motha Matt!

Looking forward to reading your journal mate, the thought of 160kg hacks makes me gag a little lol

Haha, chees, Dave.  Well your deadlifts have thrown mine into the dust!
Give it time and i'll get you Hacking too  Wink
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 09:27:23 PM »

Hi matt, good to see you have started another journal bud will be reading with interest.
Good to set targets even in off session training, gives you something to keep striving towards.

Hey Rich, good to see you posting again, and definitely looking forward to seeing  you on stage too. Smiley
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 09:37:45 PM »

Looking forward to this journal mate  Grin

Cheers mate. Smiley

Well, as for the diet, this is what I have in mind..............

6am - 60g oats with Informed whey+ hand full of Blueberrys, small glass of smoothie+cap of aloe vera juice. 1g Vit C, Garlic cap, Glucosamin Sulphate, ZMA

9.45am - One wrap with half can tuna with Udo's and squirt of salad cream, with one boiled egg (whole) 5 almonds, handful of raisons, apple
12.30 - Chicken breast OR can of tuna, jacket potato OR Tilda rice sachet, Udo's and lots of veg
4pm - My home made soufflé (TM) see below........ and a banana
7.45pm - Whatever + ZMA and Vit D
10pm - 60g oats+30g Blend protein.

Matt's home made soufflé is - 4.5ish Liquid egg whites, with 30g Ultra fine Scottish oats+20g of Informed protein, mixed up and microwaved.  Damn nice if I do say so myself! (eggs are one of the few things I can cook).

On training days I'll take BCAA's pre+post WO with a chuck of Turkish delight, and HMB that I am trying out.

Will start Creatine in a few weeks me thinks
Turpin

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 09:42:08 PM »

Looking forward to this journal mate  Grin

Cheers mate. Smiley

Well, as for the diet, this is what I have in mind..............

6am - 60g oats with Informed whey+ hand full of Blueberrys, small glass of smoothie+cap of aloe vera juice. 1g Vit C, Garlic cap, Glucosamin Sulphate, ZMA

9.45am - One wrap with half can tuna with Udo's and squirt of salad cream, with one boiled egg (whole) 5 almonds, handful of raisons, apple
12.30 - Chicken breast OR can of tuna, jacket potato OR Tilda rice sachet, Udo's and lots of veg
4pm - My home made soufflé (TM) see below........ and a banana
7.45pm - Whatever
10pm - 60g oats+30g Blend protein.

Matt's home made soufflé is - 4.5ish Liquid egg whites, with 30g Ultra fine Scottish oats+20g of Informed protein, mixed up and microwaved.  Damn nice if I do say so myself! (eggs are one of the few things I can cook).

On training days I'll take BCAA's pre+post WO with a chuck of Turkish delight, and HMB that I am trying out.

Will start Creatine in a few weeks me thinks

Wow ! .... Id be a good 20lbs heavier eating that Matt .     Look forward to following your progress Wink

T.
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 09:46:20 PM »

What is an example of "whatever"?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 155
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements