November 15, 2018, 12:17:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155
  Print  
Author Topic: Pain & Precision  (Read 334027 times)
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2295 on: June 05, 2018, 12:33:30 PM »

A new back work-out and 20,000 steps as preparation for a 50+ miler!? You massive t**t!  Grin

Well done, mate. Great effort on the ride.

Pretty much, yep.. Cheesy

Thanks bud  Smiley
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2296 on: June 11, 2018, 12:44:54 PM »

I took Monday off the gym to rest up a bit, then couldn't go Tuesday or Wednesday as Claire had stuff on, so I ended up doing a Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  I went in the mix somewhat as this was different to the normal routine.  Friday had the 'biggest' exercise, with Trap bar DL at 140kg for 3 sets of 10 reps.  20k steps on Saturday afternoon, so pretty busy (we are doing the Virgin Pulse challenge at work - well, I got roped into doing it.  Not really fussed, it's a 100 day event being done by our Wellness committee.  There's always pretty good take up rates, but someone though it would be 'fun' for all the Wellness 'team' to do it too.....), as the steps indicate.  Washing and hovering two cars in the baking sun yesterday pretty much finished me off!

Still, holibobs on Thursday  Cool
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #2297 on: June 11, 2018, 04:30:47 PM »

Good volume on the TBD.

All about the holiday!  Grin
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #2298 on: June 11, 2018, 06:48:34 PM »

Holiday going to be a complete training break?
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2299 on: June 12, 2018, 09:57:03 AM »

Good volume on the TBD.

All about the holiday!  Grin

Cheers, bud.

Damn right!  Cheesy
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2300 on: June 12, 2018, 09:59:11 AM »

Holiday going to be a complete training break?

I expect so, yes.  Depending on how my niggles feel.  There is a gym there apparently, but I'm expecting a fair bit of walking and in the pools etc. so not all bad.

I'm going to change my diet a bit whilst out there as it's an All Inclusive.  Probably be a high protein, high carb, high fat approach.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2301 on: June 25, 2018, 12:54:14 PM »

Afternoon, All.
Got back from the holiday last Thursday at midday, but didn't get to the gym until Friday, then Saturday late afternoon.  Had a lovely time, and got a nice tan too!  We had to wrench Hayden out of the pool every evening, as he spent the entire week in it! using his dive sticks that the family rotated in playing with him..
The only downside is being in the pool with him has effected one of my ears  Cry (the other ear this time! as one got blocked recently) so trying to sort that out, if not, back to the docs.  Currently very uncomfortable and ringing sensation that develops into headaches - just what you want to go to the gym with!
Friday I decided to do 'Legs' opposed to separating hams and quads.  I must have gone a bit too hard on them - coupled with the week off etc. as they are still destroyed now!
Leg press 4 sets 12 reps
Machine Hacks 3 sets of 15
Leg extensions 4 x12
Ham curls 4 x12

Then I did some Delt work of a lateral raise variation with a twist to the arms 3x10.
Rear flyes on pec dec 3 x 12

Saturday was a bit of back and biceps - but was a struggle with fatigue / doms / bloody ear hurting!!
ISO row (high grip) 3x10
ISO low row 3 x10
Lat pull down 3x10

Straight arm cable row 3x12
SS with
V bar LPD 3x10

Finished on some hammer strength cable curls 4x8
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2302 on: June 28, 2018, 12:39:06 PM »

Really positive session last night.  My ear seems to have cleared, so no more headaches or discomfort.  A mate was at the gym last night at the same time as me, and was planning on doing chest too! so we buddied up and I really enjoyed it.  He's a fair bit heavier than me, and presses a lot me, but that made me want to try and push a bit more.  Obviously, having a spotter helped too.

Incline DB press 42.5kg x8, x7, x5, 37.5kg x8, 32.5kg x14 - killer last set
*ISO incline plate machine 60kg x12,10, 50 x 12
*Standing cable flyes pin #3x12, x12, #2 x16RP
*done as a super set
DB pullover - done across the bench opposed to my way of length ways.  Slightly shorter ROM but more upper / inner pec focus.  30kg x10, 35kg x10, x9

OH cable tricep press with V bar x12,12,12
Rope tricep press downs x12,12,12

FIN

Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2303 on: July 04, 2018, 12:43:29 PM »

Friday I arranged to train with the same guy as Wednesday, so was looking forward to another good session of Back, Hams and Bicep.
We started with Trap bar DL for 5x5.  Third working set of 160kg I twinged my f#@#ing back! To say I was pissed off was an understatement.  I think it was partly (or mostly) down to the new gym matting that is extremely spongy, and the new Nike 'Air' trainers I was using as the heels are quite bouncy (I usually always have fixed sole trainers.... Huh) so balance and drive was a bit off.  Ever since the last back injury, possibly 2 years ago, I've been religiously doing the warm up routine as a preparation to lifting and thought it was really setting me up to avoid such things.  Plenty of Tier balm (anyone else use this? Seems good stuff - my mum gave me some) and ibuprofen gel and it seems to be recovering quite well.
Didn't train on Saturday to try and rest it.  Monday I did quads, shoulders and a bit of bicep, but ensured the back was supported with my exercise choices of -
Leg press - 4 sets of 200kg with 3 sec eccentric for 10 reps
Leg extension 4 sets of 12 reps
Seated ISO shoulder press 4 x10-8
SS with
Rear pec dec flyes x12 reps
DB hammer curls 20kg x8,8,8

Took the road bike out last night, the first ride since the sportive about 3.5 weeks ago.  Did about 18.5 miles straight after work with a mate, then rushed to get back for the football!

Chest and tricep tonight.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2304 on: July 10, 2018, 09:54:32 AM »

Had to do a quicker session last night as had to look at wedding reception venues again. Slightly worse traffic meant I had to be on the ball and I didn't really have time to do my usual warm up / mobility stuff.  Lower back has recovered ok now though, so fairly pleased with that - only a week or so.
I trained with the same guy as last week again (Vince) so possibly a new partner there (when possible).

Leg press 220kg x 10,10,10,10 with a 3 second eccentric
Machine hacks 120kg x12,12,12,12 feet together
Leg ext. pin #11 x10,10,10,10 alternating neutral and close stance
EZ curls 45kg x8,8,8
DB hammer curls 17.5 x8,8

FIN
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2305 on: July 30, 2018, 12:47:11 PM »

Wow - I've been a bit slack on here lately, but not at the gym! Training is still ticking along and I've been training with the same guy for a few weeks now.  He's a fair bit stronger than I am, at 93kg a fair bit heavier too.  I'm currently sitting at around 68kg which is a reasonable look for me without any food restrictions.
Training is still 4 day per week.  Monday - Quad and bicep  (Plus one shoulder exercise).  Wednesday - chest, tricep, abs.  Friday - Hams, back (plus one bicep exercise).  Saturday - shoulders and calves.
I've got a long overdue sports massage on Friday at 5, as my shoulders especially are mega tight.  No lower back issues since I twinged it a few weeks back (which is nice).
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #2306 on: July 30, 2018, 02:00:46 PM »

Wow - I've been a bit slack on here lately, but not at the gym! Training is still ticking along and I've been training with the same guy for a few weeks now.  He's a fair bit stronger than I am, at 93kg a fair bit heavier too.  I'm currently sitting at around 68kg which is a reasonable look for me without any food restrictions.
Training is still 4 day per week.  Monday - Quad and bicep  (Plus one shoulder exercise).  Wednesday - chest, tricep, abs.  Friday - Hams, back (plus one bicep exercise).  Saturday - shoulders and calves.
I've got a long overdue sports massage on Friday at 5, as my shoulders especially are mega tight.  No lower back issues since I twinged it a few weeks back (which is nice).

No food restrictions in your language is a little different to mine  Cool
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2307 on: August 03, 2018, 09:58:20 AM »

No food restrictions in your language is a little different to mine  Cool

I've seen the speed you can demolish a pizza too!

Monday's quad session turned into a bit of a 'sick maker' and was brutal.  The numbers probably don't to it justice.  My legs felt dead the following days.

Leg press 280kg x12,12, 300kg (PB for reps) x12,12
Machine hacks 'dead stops' 110kg x12,12,12,12
Leg extensions x10,10,10, 20

All exercises were heavily focused on eccentric movements, and all done in a constant cadence.

Biceps -
DB hammer curls 17.5kg x8,8,8
cable dead stops x12,12,12,12
Reverse curls 20kg x12,12,12
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2308 on: August 06, 2018, 12:48:11 PM »

I did some light deadlifting on Friday before my sports massage, so time was a little tight.  Not sure why I wanted to do them, but glad I did.  Only went up to I think 130kg for sets of 8 reps, but really focused on keeping them very tight.  Followed up by heavy-ish single arm DB rows with 40kg for sets of 8, then prone angled bench db rows - really rate these.  Don't need much weight, but the squeeze at the top is very good.

Saturday's shoulder session was an enjoyable one - great pump too.
Strict standing OHP 50kg x8, 55 x8, x8.  65kg x2 < for fun.
Seated arnolds 25kg x8, 22.5x8, 20x8
DB lateral raise SS with wide grip upright rows 10kg and 25kg for 8 reps each for 3 sets - killer!
Single DB lateral raise on angled bench - 7.5kg x12,12,12
Calve raise standing 21's x 2 sets.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2309 on: August 28, 2018, 12:49:19 PM »

After some holidays etc. and being a bit ill last week, I want to kick off this week in full flow.  Ideally, I need to lock down a new routine for progressive overload, but not had the chance lately, but still training hard, albeit somewhat 'in the mix'.  Last night was no exception.  Still tough!

Leg press 200kg GVT style 10 x 10.  Rest periods were 30-45 seconds only.
Front squats 80x10, 100x8, x8
Leg extensions 4x12

Cable preacher bicep curls 4x10
Bent over, spider curls style 25kg x12,12,12

Machine lateral raise 3x12
SS with
Rear flys on pec dec 3x12
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements