October 18, 2018, 04:39:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pain & Precision  (Read 328362 times)
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #2310 on: August 30, 2018, 06:05:57 PM »

Brutal session man, GVT leg press sounds a little tasty.

On fronts, you did 8 sets of 8 reps @100kg?
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2311 on: August 30, 2018, 08:52:14 PM »

Brutal session man, GVT leg press sounds a little tasty.

On fronts, you did 8 sets of 8 reps @100kg?

Quads are pretty sore from that session.

No, the fronts were three sets, 10 reps, then two more sets of 8 reps.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2312 on: September 04, 2018, 12:40:08 PM »

Still playing around with a few different exercises recently, with a view of building them into a new routine.  My new training partner wants to try an A/B rotating program which is fine by me, but needs a bit more work to work out!
Surprisingly, deadlifts seem to have made an appearance in my training of late.  Nothing very heavy, but the fact I feel like doing them is interesting.
On Friday I did some DL followed by some Pendlay rows, that really hid my back.
Last night I went in the mix a bit, as my training partner had to leave due to a migrane, and I am not training on Wednesday due to a birthday present I had last month - I'm taking a race prepared sports bike around Silverstone! I've always said I'd like to do a rack day, but don't fancy using my bike as it's still mint condition, even though I've had it 13 years.
Should be fun, a bit scary, and fast!  I've had to get new leathers as my old set simply don't fit me any more (gainz, bro) and I ended up getting new boots and gloves too!* (*scatters cash*).  Didn't think training the night before would be a good idea as wrestling a sports bike is quite hard work, plus I didn't want a stiff neck etc.  We also have to be at the track at 7:30am, so silly-o-clock depart from my house.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #2313 on: September 18, 2018, 12:39:10 PM »

Training is still going hard.  Devised a complete 'week A' session, currently working on a 'week B' before putting them into full effect.  I seem to be insanely busy lately, with multiple jobs needing my attention.  A lot of nights I don't really sit down until 9:15pm, from getting up at 6am!  Things like two bike MOT's, Hayden's birthday coming up, trying to find a new family car, plus usual daily stuff and DIY / maintenance etc. all eat up the hours - plus training!

Still, last night was a solo session and turned into a bit of an 'orrible one.

V squat machine (facing in) slowly building up to three top sets of 240kg - a real focus on pushing knees forward and loading the quads up.
Split squats on smith machine - 3x10 @80kg
*Fixed ez bar reverse curls 20kg x 3x12
 *Bent over spider curls 30kg x 10x2 - dropped down to 25kg x10
*super sets
Leg extensions pin #14 x12,12,12,12RP
Single arm cable preacher curls 3x12
DB lateral raise 10kg 3x10

I was struggling a bit after the V squat and split squats.  Pretty brutal stuff
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements