April 26, 2019, 06:38:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LaurieLoz: My Journal & Other Stuff!  (Read 2339 times)
laurieloz
« on: January 17, 2014, 04:41:35 AM »

Hi.

Just an introduction on this first entry....

After finding my feet and having had a look around the site, I've decided to begin a journal.
I've had a journal before and I find that in my advancing years, it's essential for motivation and I always listen to tips and helpful advice from other members.

I'm 49, 6'3" and about 16 stone. Being ex-forces and I used to bodybuild for around 15 years, up to recently, most of it in the RAF. I basically stopped the serious training when I got married 15 years ago, but I've always carried on at the gym three or four times a week to keep fit and healthy.

The purpose of this journal is obviously to keep me eager to train and keep toned but I'll also be using it as my personal training diary for reference.

The other thing I'm going to use it for is general day-to-day conversation about anything - as soon as I start making a few friends here!

So basically my training consists of three days intensive exercise: Push, Pull and Legs. A fourth day will sometimes be added to "fill in the gaps", usually at the weekend.

I have a lower back problem, another issue with 'head pressure dizziness' which affects incline work, and a niggling shoulder injury but I do train hard for my age, not surrendering to the weights if I can help it and I aim to keep it that way, health issues permitting.

Sorry to ramble on, I'll be posting my first session later this afternoon.

Thanks for reading guys.  Smiley
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 08:50:00 AM »

Hi Laurie, good to see you on here mate and look forward to seeing how you train and progress!
Turpin

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 09:57:31 AM »

Always good to hear from guys of similar age as myself who are still in there trying  Wink

T.
JF

Believe

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 10:05:04 AM »

Welcome mate. I'm relatively new too.  Smiley
Nagels
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 01:39:46 PM »

Great to see another "middle youth" advocate Laurie Wink , look forward to reading your journal.
laurieloz
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 05:36:36 PM »

Hi.
Firstly, thanks for your kind words and encouragement, fellas. I hope I won't let you down!
Here's my journal session.
I was a bit rusty today as I haven't trained since Sunday, but all being well I'll be back up to my regular routines very soon.

#1 Friday 17/1/14. Push:

1. Supine bench press:
10x50kg
10x70kg
10x80kg
10x90kg

2. Shoulder press:
10x30kg
10x35kg
10x37.5kg
* I do have an arthritic left shoulder which inhibits my ability in exercises such as this. Also I cannot do standard bench and dumbbell presses without a great deal of pain.

3. Triceps extension machine:
10x50kg
10x55kg
10x60kg
10x65kg

4. Chest press machine:
10x35kg
10x40kg
10x45kg
10x50kg

5. Single DB raise (flat bench, above head, interlocked hands):
20x35kg
20x45kg
20x45kg

6. Pec dec, inwards:
10x50kg
10x60kg
10x70kg
10x80kg

7. Abs crunch machine:
50x35kg

8. SUPERSET: Supine bench/Single DB raise:
3 sets @ 12 reps: Supine 50kg / DB 20kg
4 sets @ 10 reps: Supine 40kg / DB 17.5kg

You will see that I often change my training. Sometimes it's a different type of sets routine, or higher reps, etc. I also add and discard exercises when I feel like a change. All this helps with my interest and therefore keeps me motivated to carry on.
If you have any questions on my training, please fire away...

Other stuff:
Quiet night in tonight with Mrs. LL. Got 'Captain Phillips' to watch. May enjoy a single malt later on!

Have a good weekend and thanks for reading:)
Not a troll

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 10:23:57 PM »

I hear you had 21 inch guns, is that true Laurie?

Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements