October 17, 2018, 07:43:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Belts/strength shops?  (Read 10838 times)
Trow

« on: August 06, 2014, 09:55:37 PM »

Hello all,

I'm looking to buy a new belt and was wondering if people had any advice on top makes that are easily available in the UK. Unfortunately, price does have somewhat of a limit so any recommendations of belts that come at a reasonable price but don't compromise quality would be great. 

For example, I have heard ordering Inzer belts can be difficult for UK customers and may cost even more with import duty, so they are probably a no go. I came across strengthshop.co.uk which looks to be a good site and have a variety of belts with different buckles. Anyone ordered from them before?

Apologies if this has come up before, I had a quick search but couldn't find anything recent. Thanks in advance.
HelenS

WNBF Pro, 2012 WNBF Overall World Champion

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 10:36:32 PM »

Some Inzer belts available from Germany! Should be no tax once in EU: http://www.hantel-hartmann.de/Inzer/Guertel/

Yes Inzer can be VERY difficult to deal with.  My other half ordered from them a few months back - they got the order wrong AND it got caught for import tax.  On the other hand I had a much better experience with them a few years back and my lever belt arrived sans-import tax - maybe due to the $15 value declared on the package! (Not something I had asked them to do BTW.)

Trow

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 12:28:52 AM »

Thanks for the response Helen.

They seem to have a good selection of Inzer belts there, I might look into that site, thanks!

And yea that's always the problem with ordering from the US, whether you get import duty seems to be a game of chance. I bought two DVDs (so only about a tenner each) from the US separately, 1 got import duty added making it quite expensive, the other came through fine.
Monbeef

Author of The Tower Grave - available on Amazon!

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 05:22:11 AM »

I hear strength shop is reliable and good value.
Turpin

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 08:06:48 AM »

What waist size are you Trow ?

T.
Trow

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 10:28:42 AM »

Yea strength shop look quite good and prices are also quite good, I think an 8 or 10mm would suit me fine and is a lot cheaper than a 13mm Inzer.

Turpin, I'm about a 34"
Turpin

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 03:08:09 PM »

Yea strength shop look quite good and prices are also quite good, I think an 8 or 10mm would suit me fine and is a lot cheaper than a 13mm Inzer.

Turpin, I'm about a 34"

Pity , I have a brand new Inzer double prong ( 10mm ) with seamless roller buckle , but it would only go up to around 34" . Im a 32 & there's 3 holes left on me.

T.
Trow

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 10:16:45 PM »

Turpin, I'm about a 34"

Pity , I have a brand new Inzer double prong ( 10mm ) with seamless roller buckle , but it would only go up to around 34" . Im a 32 & there's 3 holes left on me.

T.

Just measured my waist and its 33". Are you looking to sell a brand new Inzer then? If so I would be interested, how much are you looking for it?

If not I think I will go for the strength shop 10mm double prong - https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/powerlifting-belts/strengthshop-10mm-double-prong-buckle-belt.html. Seems like a solid belt at a reasonable price (40) and the equivalent Inzer (your one) goes for about 75.
Turpin

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 08:25:39 AM »

Ive sent you a PM mate.

T.
Tom

Email
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 03:22:10 PM »

I've never previously used any other brands of powerlifting belts so can't really compare it to anything, but I bought my first proper powerlifting belt from strength shop a couple of months ago and I'd highly recommend.
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 05:35:44 PM »

I must have been very very fortunate.  around two years ago a mid price belt got stolen from the boot of my car along with all my other lifting gear.  this was a month before I was due to travel to france and compete in the world single lifts.

in a rush and being strapped for cash I bought a 20  double prong 10mm belt off ebay - three to four sessions a week over two years and its still like new (slight grazing on my typical belt notches but unnoticeable when on). best 20 I spent on lifting bits. mate bought similar off ebay about six months after me and his rivets exploded off his recently (not the same belt but same style and price range)
Trow

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 07:09:51 PM »

Sounds like you got a good value buy there Glen. I ended up getting the 10mm double prong buckle belt from strength shop. I ordered it sunday and it came today so quick delivery. Looks like a solid belt but can't tell really until I've tried it out and further down the line to see how long it lasts but I've only heard/read good things about strength shop belts.
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 07:26:54 PM »

I own both a 10mm double prong strength shop belt and a 13mm lever and they are excellent. The clasp on the lever is very secure and both have quite small increments.

My wife brought a 10mm Inzer belt from that states and I feel the material of strength shops belt and the buckle is superior.

we have brought a fair bit of kit from strength shop abd could not be more impressed.
jamie

http://www.youtube.com/user/jamiesmagictorch

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 07:52:18 PM »

Strength shop is amazing, couriers are usually nobs expecting my wife to unload logs and other strongman stuff from the van
Badger

To press a lot, you must press a lot. -Sheiko

Email
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 08:21:09 PM »

Lol.. our courier gave me the dead eye when I ordered a 40kg kettlebell
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements