March 25, 2019, 10:46:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lightweight ambitions...2016  (Read 55622 times)
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR £5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2016, 01:19:51 PM »

Be interested to hear your thought on how the NPA finals went mate from your eyes
SuperplexSteve

« Reply #196 on: October 06, 2016, 01:55:50 PM »

Be interested to hear your thought on how the NPA finals went mate from your eyes

Hi mate, I've been feeling a bit off lately so haven't really been posting much. I woke up on show day feeling really quite sick - sore throat, cough, sneezing, runny nose, headache, etc.  There was no indication that I would be ill other than receiving only a couple of hours sleep.  Condition wise though, I felt the best I've ever been so I was determined to make the journey down regardless.  Maybe it's just my body telling me that the season is coming to an end and it's time to shut it down for off season soon.  I will of course push on for the UKDFBA as my condition is still improving - right now I feel the driest I've ever been and my glutes might even be coming in, exciting!

Onto the show...

On the Friday, I ate entire loaf of bread around my normal meals and then in the evening, I had three plates of noodles, rice and mixed meat. So lots of sodium and a lot of carbs.  I drifted off into what a lot competitors seems to refer as a "food coma", perhaps this affected my ability to sleep.  I thought that I over indulged myself as I lost quite a lot of detail, but fortunately, in the morning my condition was decent and I looked full.  What I've learnt this year, from observing how my own body responds, is that I shouldn't be afraid of spilling over.  Since I typically only load up on carbs the day before, I find that spilling over is unlikely to happen.  In fact, for a couple of competitions, I think I actually didn't eat enough.

The venue itself (Clarendon Centre) was perfect and I hope the NPA can return to it for years to come.  I felt that the low stage and TV screens created a really good atmosphere.  The way the screens were positioned also meant that it was possible to watch yourself pose in the back shots, which was incredibly useful.  Also worth mentioning was the adjoining café, which served up some of the best coffee I've tasted recently. The backstage set-up was good, lots of space and it was a nice opportunity for me to speak to a number a people that I previously only interacted with on social media.

The result of my class pretty much panned out the way expected, with me and Daniel placing 5th and 6th respectively, Bertrand 4th, and then Rob Feesey, Peter Garay and Stephen Olagoke battling for the title.  Stephen of course got the nod, with Peter 2nd and Rob 3rd.  I enjoyed my finals experience as it was a chance to see up close, what kind of physique I could work towards in the future.  I'm naturally light framed, so every additional kg that I gain should have quite a visible impact.  Stephen and Peter pretty much have what I would consider to be my goal physique right now - in the off season, I really want to develop a thicker, wider back.  Rob has the muscle density that is only developed with years of consistent hard work, really impressed with how he looked up close in person.

Already knowing in advance what my likely placing would be, this was another opportunity to improve my posing further.  Backstage, I got some good last minute tips from the novice sensation, Michael Sheun, who has had a tremendous year.  I'll have to wait until I receive my photos, but I think my back double bicep pose should look much improved, displaying more lower back detail.

I was really impressed with all of the Masters classes, in particular the over 50s, which was highly competitive.  I'm turning 30 next year, and it does make me laugh how some people build it up to be this big occasion.  I still feel young and if I look after myself, I could still be feeling young in my 50s, 60s and even 70s.

Overall, I did really enjoy my finals experience, despite feeling unwell.  Yesterday was actually my first day back in training, the intensity level wasn't quite what it has been as I'm not feeling 100%.  Workrate is down, so my calories have also decreased slightly.  As you know, it's just 10 days until the UKDFBA Finals, so I'm inclined  to push on.
DDG

Email
« Reply #197 on: October 06, 2016, 03:03:42 PM »

Hi mate, I've been feeling a bit off lately so haven't really been posting much. I woke up on show day feeling really quite sick - sore throat, cough, sneezing, runny nose, headache, etc.  There was no indication that I would be ill other than receiving only a couple of hours sleep.  Condition wise though, I felt the best I've ever been so I was determined to make the journey down regardless.  Maybe it's just my body telling me that the season is coming to an end and it's time to shut it down for off season soon.  I will of course push on for the UKDFBA as my condition is still improving - right now I feel the driest I've ever been and my glutes might even be coming in, exciting!

Onto the show...

On the Friday, I ate entire loaf of bread around my normal meals and then in the evening, I had three plates of noodles, rice and mixed meat. So lots of sodium and a lot of carbs.  I drifted off into what a lot competitors seems to refer as a "food coma", perhaps this affected my ability to sleep.  I thought that I over indulged myself as I lost quite a lot of detail, but fortunately, in the morning my condition was decent and I looked full.  What I've learnt this year, from observing how my own body responds, is that I shouldn't be afraid of spilling over.  Since I typically only load up on carbs the day before, I find that spilling over is unlikely to happen.  In fact, for a couple of competitions, I think I actually didn't eat enough.

The venue itself (Clarendon Centre) was perfect and I hope the NPA can return to it for years to come.  I felt that the low stage and TV screens created a really good atmosphere.  The way the screens were positioned also meant that it was possible to watch yourself pose in the back shots, which was incredibly useful.  Also worth mentioning was the adjoining café, which served up some of the best coffee I've tasted recently. The backstage set-up was good, lots of space and it was a nice opportunity for me to speak to a number a people that I previously only interacted with on social media.

The result of my class pretty much panned out the way expected, with me and Daniel placing 5th and 6th respectively, Bertrand 4th, and then Rob Feesey, Peter Garay and Stephen Olagoke battling for the title.  Stephen of course got the nod, with Peter 2nd and Rob 3rd.  I enjoyed my finals experience as it was a chance to see up close, what kind of physique I could work towards in the future.  I'm naturally light framed, so every additional kg that I gain should have quite a visible impact.  Stephen and Peter pretty much have what I would consider to be my goal physique right now - in the off season, I really want to develop a thicker, wider back.  Rob has the muscle density that is only developed with years of consistent hard work, really impressed with how he looked up close in person.

Already knowing in advance what my likely placing would be, this was another opportunity to improve my posing further.  Backstage, I got some good last minute tips from the novice sensation, Michael Sheun, who has had a tremendous year.  I'll have to wait until I receive my photos, but I think my back double bicep pose should look much improved, displaying more lower back detail.

I was really impressed with all of the Masters classes, in particular the over 50s, which was highly competitive.  I'm turning 30 next year, and it does make me laugh how some people build it up to be this big occasion.  I still feel young and if I look after myself, I could still be feeling young in my 50s, 60s and even 70s.

Overall, I did really enjoy my finals experience, despite feeling unwell.  Yesterday was actually my first day back in training, the intensity level wasn't quite what it has been as I'm not feeling 100%.  Workrate is down, so my calories have also decreased slightly.  As you know, it's just 10 days until the UKDFBA Finals, so I'm inclined  to push on.

Just curious but why would you do this the night before following a strict regime?

If carbing up is the aim then why not eat clean carbs along the lines of what you've been dieting on, and not to excess?

SuperplexSteve

« Reply #198 on: October 06, 2016, 07:01:19 PM »

Just curious but why would you do this the night before following a strict regime?

If carbing up is the aim then why not eat clean carbs along the lines of what you've been dieting on, and not to excess?

Hi Dean, to be honest I'm still learning my own body and this approach seems to be the one I've had most success with so far.  The occasions wherw I've eaten moderately, and kept carb sources clean, I felt flat.

Ramping up carbs on just the night before seems to be having a positive effect on my condition.  I had just over 500g carbs on Friday - for me, this is excessive but for others following a carb loading protocol, this could be considered moderate.  So it's all relative.
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2017, 03:39:57 PM »

Does anyone hear from Steve anymore? Hope he's all good
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR £5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2017, 01:15:13 PM »

I know he works long days and found it hard to get time to update his journal. Might just be busy with life. I know his social media is quite as well.
Dan94

BulkPowders referral code http://referme.to/efed29

« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2017, 01:38:30 PM »

Thanks Scott. Was just curious, was always a nice chap and often posted in my journal which was cool
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements