April 26, 2019, 06:53:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: You Gotta (Foam) Roll with it...  (Read 1801 times)
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« on: January 05, 2015, 01:36:36 PM »

Happy new year gang.

I recieved a nice new foam roller (a Trigger point 'Grid' one) for Chrimbo.  Has anyone got any good 'routines' or links / suggestions / tips for it?
Jaymero

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 03:09:43 PM »

I find working along the entire length of the muscle in question at a slow pace really hits the spot.
Quads as an example, I'll start at my hip and roll down to my knee, taking around 15 seconds to complete. I'll repeat it for a minute on each leg and do this 5 times with a rest inbetween.
Turpin

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 07:11:01 PM »

I use mine daily after my morning powerwalk .  Glutes , hams , quads and IT band ( 20 rolls each ) along with mobility work primarily for my back.

T.
K_Dogs

DOMS makes you feel alive....

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 02:12:45 PM »

Good choice of roller  sir Cool
It will feel a little un-natural at first, but soon you'll know the tight spots and head straight for them. You can roll almost every inch of your body, just have a play around and twist yourself into a position that allows you to place controlled pressure on the roller. I personally like to start with a mid and upper back roll. Just tuck your T-shirt in otherwise it'll roll up, lie on the roller with arms either held across your chest or by your sides and roll the back. You can also adjust and hit your lower back, it takes some core strength to hold yourself in the right place and can be sensitive, but a great area to roll. Try sitting on the roller to hit the glutes too.
Whilst on your front, rolling one quad at a time or as T mentioned, your IT band can be horrendously painful, yet somehow enjoyable.
Rolling the delts and chest is fun too, generally if it hurts it good  Grin
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 01:55:21 PM »

Some Sage advice there gents, thanks. I'm getting to know how to use it and what suits my needs.
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 02:10:12 PM »

your roller sounds like mine. I have not been as up on it as I should have been and i can tell the difference. Things just not as they should be.

I pretty much agree with the other chaps. Takes some getting used to but well worth the time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements