March 26, 2019, 01:20:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 53
  Print  
Author Topic: From strength to strength  (Read 145778 times)
fhwill

Email
« on: January 05, 2015, 05:26:14 PM »

As this seems to be my main forum these days, I've decided to start a journal here  Cool

My one for the last nearly 10 (ouch!  Shocked) years has been over at Muscletalk, but it's a bit quiet over there for actual competitors, so I thought I'd start keeping mine over here instead. It might be quicker for me to pinch others' workouts instead (Rossdog, Nic) as I do so frequently anyway  Cheesy Grin
I have a complete overuse obsession with punctuation so apologies in advance, I always sound like an overexcited child when I write (or a sulky one if it;s a low carb day)  Grin

As things stand, I'm still in off-season, but really cleaning up the diet to one solid cheat meal a week and am on a plan I've written myself the rest of the time. Calorie aims per day are around the 1700 mark (I can't remember macro split off the top of my head).

Training split is the following:
Mon: Chest and Tri's
Tues: Biceps and Back
Weds: OFF
Thurs: OFF
Fri: Shoulders and Abs
Sat: Legs

I do 3x CV sessions a week, just of 10mins HIIT.

I'll start dieting in Feb which will leave me 23 weeks until hopefully my first show, to shift approximately 8kgs of flab  Embarrassed I feel like this is the most off-season I've ever been and am dreading taking start pics  Embarrassed It's been a lonnnggg year out.

Any questions, feel free to ask  Cool
fhwill

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 05:32:21 PM »

Today I trained -the gym is a 3-min walk from work it's a v.commercial one so I try to get in at lunch at peak periods so avoid waiting ages for kit. There's about 4 benches, 1 rack, 1 Smith and the rest machines.

DB FLAT BENCH
6kgs 20
12kgs 14
16kgs 10
18kgs 5 reps

SMITH INCLINE PRESS
+5kgs each side 12
+7.5kgs each side 10
+10kgs each side 7 reps

TRX PRESS
12, 11 reps (was hard, but didn't really feel it in the Chest so stopped)

PEC DEC
18kg 13 reps
25kg 11 reps
32kg 8 reps

TRICEP DIP MACHINE
27kgs 16 reps
32kgs 15 reps
41kgs 12 reps (still didn't feel anywhere near max so just carried on increasing weight til I died...)
50kgs 12 reps
59kgs 6 reps

BODYWEIGHT/ASSISTED DIPS
Bodyweight 5 reps
+30kgs assistance 7 reps -our machine is really odd!!!!
+40kgs assistance 8 reps

CV after work as the workout's take an hour.

Today I learned to keep an eye on the time back in the office after training to eat my PWO meal. Today I got caught up and it was late  Angry I am being currently tested by lots of post-Christmas treats on the Office. There's no wayyyy I'm caving on Day 1!
Joe Lyon

Moving forward, inch by inch

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 05:47:51 PM »

Looking forward to seeing how your journal progresses Smiley
ben-howard

WNBF Pro

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 06:14:24 PM »

I'm in! Be great to follow your progress this year  Cool
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 06:20:38 PM »

Hey Flick, hi! Great to have another active female poster here Cheesy Will follow your journal with interest.

But "girltalk" is mine, y'hear! (I'm going for a Journal #3peat haha)
fhwill

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 10:14:20 PM »

Girl-what now? Anyone who knows me knows I am the least girly girl I know!  Cheesy

Thanks for popping in Joe and Ben, its nice to have a journal with no tumbleweed blowing through!  Grin

Made it through my first day of self imposed no treats. Reckon I'll be fine for the next 45mins til bedtime. First few days are always the hardest  Cool
MJB

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 04:06:46 PM »

Go go Flickety!!!  Cheesy
fhwill

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 05:31:44 PM »

Go go Flickety!!!  Cheesy

*waves* her stirrer  Tongue  Wink Haven't 'seen' you for donkeys!
fhwill

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 10:04:38 AM »

Really wanted to eat yesterday! I know it'll pass so I'm just cracking on for now.

A day's diet generally looks like this at the moment:
Breakfast: 40g Oats, 150g Natural Yogurt, 12g Whey protein
Snack: 4 Oatcakes, 70g Smoked Mackerel (can't afford smoked salmon now Chrimboli is over!)  Cry
Lunch: 200g Sweet potato, 130g Lean Mince Burger
Snack: Wholemeal Pitta, 150g Cottage cheese
PWO Shake: Whey & Maltodextrin
Dinner: 150g Salmon, 200g White potato chippies made in my new Actifry!!  Grin Veggies (if hungry)

I trained last night at Cheetahs, my faviest gym in the World. I smile through my entire workout -except when grimacing through some sets  Cheesy

INCLINE DB CURLS
4kg 20 reps
6kgs 14 reps
8kg 7 reps
8kg 6 reps drop to 6kg 6 reps drop to 4kg 5 reps

ROPE CABLE CURLS
16kgs 14 reps
20.5kgs 10 reps
27.5kgs 4 reps drop to 20.5kgs 4 reps drop to 13kgs 4 reps
Got to that last set feeling strong, then everything just went down drastically! Either that or the increased confidence pushing the weight up was over-estimated!  Grin

OVERHEAD CURLS
2 plates 16 reps
3 plates 6 reps
2 plates 14 reps
The old Atlanta cable stacks in my gym drive me crazy -2 plates too light, 3 plates too heavy! All the newer cable stacks are too close together to do overhead cables  Sad

PRECOR SEATED HIGH ROW
32kgs 15 reps
45.5kgs 13 reps
63.5kgs 8 reps
Dunno what got into me -there was a lil Lion in me ready to try any weight last night!!  Grin Pleased at strength atm though  Cool

T-BAR ROW
20kgs 15 reps
30kgs 9 reps
20kgs 9 reps
One of my most hated exercises. Hence me making myself do it...

SEATED LOW ROW
6 plates 10, 8, 7 reps

ATLANTA LAT PULLDOWN
4 plates 12 reps
5 plates 8, 8 reps

Was mullered by the time it came to cardio, 10 mins HIIT, X-Trainer, HR Average 124bpm, Max 142bpm

Timed it right so no 20min wait to be a bus w@nker to get home  Cheesy
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 10:47:51 AM »

Nice to see another Journal  Smiley
That looks a good diet.  Have you any shows in mind this year?
fhwill

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 11:42:07 AM »

Hiya!  Cheesy
First show I'm aiming for is BNBF Southern in July (I think it's the 12th). I plan on doing a few this year. I feel a lot less focused on winning, and a lot more focused on having the most fun I can and looking the utmost best I can be  Cool

Actual cutting starts 1st Feb. Lucy Walton's coming down the last weekend in January and wants to party like it's 1999!  Grin I was struggling with eating this much at first, but I'm starting to get hungrier now (thank god!)  Grin

What about you, any plans for this year?
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 10:55:52 AM »

That's a good attitude to take  Smiley
Yep, I'm planning on later shows, NPA finals and Kempy's UKDFBA, all being well.
Ah, the pre-diet weekend  -epic! (I was dreaming when i wrote this....... Cheesy)
fhwill

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 12:49:05 PM »

That's a good attitude to take  Smiley
Yep, I'm planning on later shows, NPA finals and Kempy's UKDFBA, all being well.
Ah, the pre-diet weekend  -epic! (I was dreaming when i wrote this....... Cheesy)

I pondered doing a later qualifier with BNBF but they're all so far away!!  Cry Plus I have 'the fear' of not qualifying, it happened in 2013 for the first time to me and scared the bejeesus outta me!

Which NPA qualifier will you do? South East or MWC? The latter would be great with Lee's show being so late too  Cool
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 01:57:21 PM »

Well as a previous Brittish winner I get the luxury of not having to qualify (I did this in 2013 after winning it for the first time in 2012), so Lee's will actually be the first show, then hopfully just coast into the NPA finals.
At least with you doing an earlier show you have plenty of time to fine tune and experiment a touch  Smiley
fhwill

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 02:25:47 PM »

I wasn't sure if those rules were the same for the NPA, I've never had to think about them  Grin  Cheesy It must be nice getting to focus on the finals. Lee's show looks great, you'll have a blast  Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 53
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements