May 20, 2019, 10:04:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53
  Print  
Author Topic: From strength to strength  (Read 151797 times)
fhwill

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 12:28:30 PM »

Saw a book on an Ironman competitor I asked Nic to review at some point. Then thought I couldn't wait for the review so tottered off to the library and borrowed it. Devoured in 2 days!  Grin Would strongly recommend it, Chrissie Wellington: A Life Without Limits. Very, very inspiring  Cool

Did CV last night as knew I wouldn't have time today. Used Spin Bike at the gym with a programme called My Sportif. It's basically outdoor trails filmed all over the world and you get set cycling routines to do based on the terrain. I cycled in the Hollywood Hills, the Grand Canyon, and down by the harbour in Seattle!  Grin

I've just had 2 days off weights, got Shoulders and Abs today and just planned my workout -should be a corker!  Cheesy
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 01:07:23 PM »

Aw sorry I'm too slow Flick! I will do the review at some point and will let you know when it's live. I'm sure I'll enjoy it what with my tri background and everything.

How was your sportif? Hey Jamie, looks like we have another member for our road ride gang! Wink
fhwill

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 01:24:53 PM »

Aw sorry I'm too slow Flick! I will do the review at some point and will let you know when it's live. I'm sure I'll enjoy it what with my tri background and everything.

How was your sportif? Hey Jamie, looks like we have another member for our road ride gang! Wink

I wanted you to review it as I presumed it was new so I wouldn't be able to get it out of the Library. Then checked the pub date was 2011 so figured why am I being lazy and trying to get you to read it for me  Grin  Wink I think you'll love it. You'll probably be able to completely 'live' some of the things she was saying. Triathlon is the only sport left on my bucket list I'm too scared to try. I cry when I cycle outdoors and can't breathe when I swim  Cry I'll have to pick your brains one day  Cool
p0stscript

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 01:26:43 PM »

Did CV last night as knew I wouldn't have time today. Used Spin Bike at the gym with a programme called My Sportif. It's basically outdoor trails filmed all over the world and you get set cycling routines to do based on the terrain. I cycled in the Hollywood Hills, the Grand Canyon, and down by the harbour in Seattle!  Grin

Is that the one that adjusts the tension depending if the film shows you going up or down hill so you feel like you're there?
fhwill

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2015, 03:06:09 PM »

Is that the one that adjusts the tension depending if the film shows you going up or down hill so you feel like you're there?

No, it's just a spin bike attached to a screen in essence so you have to manually adjust  Cool

So... today.... one of those days! I forgot my training book with immaculately written plan in there, then forgot my PWO shake -left on the kitchen side at home!  Angry TGIF!

Good workout though. Medial delts -BURN!  Cheesy  Cheesy
MJB

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2015, 06:11:18 PM »

Go go Flickety!!!  Cheesy

*waves* her stirrer  Tongue  Wink Haven't 'seen' you for donkeys!

Now that wasn't called for, Honey buns!!  Wink Tongue
Yes - it's been too long Flick...need to hook up soon!  Cheesy
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2015, 09:53:42 PM »

nice to see you on here Flick
fhwill

Email
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 11:40:33 AM »

Thanks Scott  Cool It's nice to have people to talk to, instead of to myself  Cheesy

So, the weekend...
First weekend of trying to stick to plan. I tend to eat less on weekends because I get up later, am out and about and forget to eat.
I can successfully say I got in all my meals and didn't have anything naughty! Really pleased cos I thought it'd take a few weekends to get that right  Smiley

Friday trained Shoulders and Abs, then had a cheat meal Friday night at this aammmazing restaurant
http://www.smokeysbrighton.com/the-food/#menu-barbecue

Saturday had nice lie-in then trained Legs. Regular leg room was closed due to refurb but got in a surprisingly good workout with the kit dotted around various places at Cheetahs! Had a nice rub-a-dub-dub to try to get some nasty knots out of my Back and then chilled.

Sunday was training day off. I wanted to go for my annual swim but the pool was closed all weekend due to a gala (it did NOT say that on the pool's website!) So I had a mooch in Starbucks, went to the Library -Brownlee brothers' book this time, and bought some new v.comfy smart boots  Cool

Today it's back to the training grindstone!

Oh, and most important bit, I've taken my 'start' pics for Daz (my coach). Will find out in the next few days when I need to start diet  Cheesy The pics were grim  Embarrassed I have 40 inch hips!!  Cry On a positive note, my Back is wider  Cool
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 12:16:42 PM »

Nice to see your doing a journal Flick. I do love to see more journals and how different people work as we all strive to get to the same end goal. Hench and shredded  Grin
fhwill

Email
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2015, 12:58:41 PM »

Thanks Toby  Cool I like reading about others' ways of doing things too. It challenges me to do things differently -particularly with training  Grin

Yesterday I trained Chest and Triceps, really chuffed I got 20kg DB's up for a Flat Bench press (I usually struggle)  Cool
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 03:43:50 PM »

I wanted you to review it as I presumed it was new so I wouldn't be able to get it out of the Library. Then checked the pub date was 2011 so figured why am I being lazy and trying to get you to read it for me  Grin  Wink I think you'll love it. You'll probably be able to completely 'live' some of the things she was saying. Triathlon is the only sport left on my bucket list I'm too scared to try. I cry when I cycle outdoors and can't breathe when I swim  Cry I'll have to pick your brains one day  Cool

Yup it's not a new book - she retired in 2012 Smiley

Sounds like triathlon would be a significant challenge for you then - happy to help as and when although I suspect my knowledge is very rusty these days. Anyway, you know where I am! I can at least point you in the direction of people/resources better than me Cheesy
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 03:45:44 PM »

Sunday was training day off. I wanted to go for my annual swim but the pool was closed all weekend due to a gala (it did NOT say that on the pool's website!) So I had a mooch in Starbucks, went to the Library -Brownlee brothers' book this time, and bought some new v.comfy smart boots  Cool

I've met and interviewed them

CLANG

Oh excuse me, I seem to have dropped a couple of names in your thread

Wink
fhwill

Email
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 05:05:11 PM »

CLANG

Wink

Wowsers  Shocked  Shocked Where's the interview?
Nic

Work hard, be nice.

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 05:20:17 PM »

CLANG

Wink

Triathlete's World I think - aaaages ago. Was about training partners - pros and cons, the best ones, keep it in the family or not - that kind of thing.
fhwill

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 05:54:51 PM »

CLANG

Wink

Triathlete's World I think - aaaages ago. Was about training partners - pros and cons, the best ones, keep it in the family or not - that kind of thing.

You actually have the best job in the World...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements