July 17, 2019, 05:45:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53
  Print  
Author Topic: From strength to strength  (Read 156851 times)
fhwill

Email
« Reply #765 on: August 01, 2017, 11:44:49 AM »

Had a long break. Heard a lot of differing opinions on my class. My feeling was that Julia Hunter had walked it, and I was scrapping it out for places 2-4. 5th was obvious, a really really big girl with some dense muscle, but needed a lot more condition. If she ever gets it, she will look really good.

Put some more carbs in and tried to chill for the evening show.

Evening, did routine to Labrynth Jealous, almost my best ever except I forgot a tiny part in the middle which I need to fix. Unfortunately, I hadn't banked on the other girls also doing phenomenal routines  Shocked  Shocked
Posedown went on for a while, that worried me.
They were placing Top 3 but with 2 going on to the Britain. That worried me even more.
3rd was Vesna (I wasn't expecting that, I had Tereza who did UKDFBA in that place, so then thought I wasn't Top 3).
2nd was me (I proper welled up) when I had that Britain invite in my hand.
1st was Julia (obvs)

Afterwards I said it was the best 2nd place I ever had. I honestly couldn't have been happier. I hadn't gone to win (for once!) after not qualifying in 2015, I was just desperate to qualify, nothing else.

Feedback overall was what I felt, it was the best I'd ever looked. I want to improve on that for the Britain. I can only really improve on condition, I can't magically grow anymore muscle in that time, but I can retain what I have. The leaner I get the bigger I'll look.

So I've set myself 2 goals:
1) I'd like to weigh in around 52kg on show day. Think I'll look great at that weight.
2) I want to place Top 3. There I've said it. Tall order as there are already 3 really great girls in the mix and 2 qualifiers to go, but there's no point setting a soft goal, I may as well aim high, I've nothing to lose  Smiley

Game plan wise, not too different at the moment, I was still losing so nothing broke to fix yet. Daz mentionned upping my protein slightly but I'll talk to him a bit more today about that.
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #766 on: August 01, 2017, 12:43:03 PM »

Nice to hear how you got on, and happy you're happy with your placing and look.
So looking to drop another 2kg or less in the 10 weeks is it?  That should be doable for sure.  How did you find being on stage after not being on for a while? find it hard work?
fhwill

Email
« Reply #767 on: August 01, 2017, 01:04:14 PM »

Nice to hear how you got on, and happy you're happy with your placing and look.
So looking to drop another 2kg or less in the 10 weeks is it?  That should be doable for sure.  How did you find being on stage after not being on for a while? find it hard work?

Not sure what my actual weight is now!  Grin Assuming it's at least a 3kg drop in 9 weeks. Do-able and hope for more, but if I get to that 52kg mark I'll be happy for sure  Cool

Ummm I feel really bad saying this but... I don't ache  Shocked  Shocked For the first time ever! If you saw how hard I worked up there, you wouldn't understand it either! More posing needed though as I did get the shakes...
SCOTTGALTON

Bulkpowders code SG39238 FOR 5 OFF YOUR ORDER

Email
« Reply #768 on: August 01, 2017, 07:02:56 PM »

Great result Flick really happy for you
fhwill

Email
« Reply #769 on: August 02, 2017, 08:19:03 AM »

Thanks Scott  Smiley
SuperSi

Email
« Reply #770 on: August 03, 2017, 04:51:51 PM »

Congratulations on your placing and Brits qualification, Flick. Onward to the Brits!  Grin
Toby

Always give your best

Email
« Reply #771 on: August 03, 2017, 06:38:36 PM »

Nicely done Flick. Huge congratulations on the qualification. Sounds like it is slotting together perfectly - comfortable qualification, little more to give for an all time best at the finals.
fhwill

Email
« Reply #772 on: August 04, 2017, 09:23:27 AM »

Thanks guys Cool Toby, nice to see you, long time no 'see'!  Grin
Now I've seen the pics, it's just as well I have a spot-on shape because the girl in 3rd could've pipped me for 2nd, she was just lacking that bit of width. I was short on condition and will definitely be rectifying this for the finals.

So, few changes this week to diet. Last meal (that was taken out some weeks ago) is still out, but added in are:
  • an extra 100g of meat in my now last meal, taking that to 200g Steak
  • an extra 10g whey in my PWO shake, taking the total protein conent in that to 30g

Cardio and training staying the same. I've just started a strength programme (for a change) while I'm still feeling strong.

I had gained 7.5lb in the 2 days I had off; but have lost 5lb of those since Weds, so not overly worried  Cool
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #773 on: August 04, 2017, 09:53:46 AM »

What's the thought process to adding in food to the diet, in terms of prepping for the finals Flick?
fhwill

Email
« Reply #774 on: August 07, 2017, 10:41:38 AM »

I think to retain muscle and to give me a slightly higher starting point for the next 8 weeks. I wasn't struggling to lose at any point so feel we could squeeze in a few more kcals without weight increasing. I didn't ask actually!

I trust Daz so am going with it for now until I think that it's not working (if that point comes).

Weighed in Friday 1.1kg up on weigh-in before show. That figures as I had 2 3000kcal days on the Mon and Tues after the show  Grin
Glen Danbury

fuelled by EQ nutrition

WWW Email
« Reply #775 on: August 07, 2017, 12:21:17 PM »

Well done. Nice plan for finals too
fhwill

Email
« Reply #776 on: August 08, 2017, 08:56:59 AM »

Thanks Glen  Cool
fhwill

Email
« Reply #777 on: August 22, 2017, 11:16:07 AM »

So not been around in a while as things have been a bit 'bitty'. I've still been working my a$$ off, whilst trying to gain more a$$!  Grin
So, started back on Wednesday 2nd August after the show, weighed in at just under 55kg that weekend.
The Saturday after flew out to Malaga for a week for a break and to do a Spanish course for professional reasons. Tracked all my food whilst out there, trained all sessions as I was meant to, and coped very nicely in 30C heat whilst everyone else was sweating profusely  Grin
Weighed in a few days after coming home and have lost just over 1kg.

Have taken food back down (I had 3 higher weeks in total) but I have work to do condition-wise and feel more comfortable on slightly less calories mind-wise. Still only on 20mins HIIT 4x week and a couple of LISS sessions  Cool

Just under 6 weeks out now from the Brits. Hoping some more girls compete at this weekend's Northern, otherwise it's a really small field who have qualified!!!  Shocked
Maveric Matt

Consistency is the key!

« Reply #778 on: August 22, 2017, 12:39:26 PM »

Spain looked nice and sunny!
I know what you mean about the calories, at least you know you will be pushing forward with the time you have left.
fhwill

Email
« Reply #779 on: August 25, 2017, 12:57:54 PM »

It was indeed nice and warm  Cool

Lost 1.5kgs since I came back, I'm now wayyyy down on my weight since my qualifier, and I do look harder too which is nice.

Tried to get head back down properly this week, then my brother died  Cry  Cry This finals prep is really throwing some curve balls at me!  Cry Cry He lives in Spain so currently treading water, trying to juggle a million balls at once to organise the family. Heading out next Thursday for the funeral.

Prep in the meantime... well I'm doing the best I can. I haven't been very organised with my food, I have gotten training in.
I haven't really decided yet what I'm going to do so I want to not do too much damage while I decide. Ideally, if I can just stay stagnant and get through this next week then when I come home I can decide whether I want to crack on for the last 4 weeks and whether I feel it's worth doing so. I'm not going to take food to Spain, but I am going to be smart about what I do whilst out there. To be honest, my body is probably shot to sh1t with cortisol that I probably look cr@p anyway  Sad

Off to the Northern this weekend, I have 3 friends competing I want to support.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53
  Print  

Jump to:  

Natural Muscle Forum: Discussion on UK natural bodybuilding, weight training, strongman, powerlifting, weight loss, nutrition and supplements